Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 332 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: LnG's RawVeganBodybuilder Video Blog; (8 1/2 weeks out)
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:36 am 
Site Admin

I have many more like it....with lots of other words besides leadership....I am a motivational speaker and I surround myself with positive images, quotes, pictures, etc.

That is how I roll.............

Lean and Green.............great ab workout tonight! I really liked those exercises and I think I will really benefit from it. Nice to hammer out one more day before taking a day off......good productive day in general.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, you are looking GREAT man....keep it up!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:57 am 
Stegosaurus

robert wrote:
Enjoy the rest of your weekend, you are looking GREAT man....keep it up!

I"m with RC. Looking swol buddy :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:35 pm 
Elephant

http://www.team-andro.com/langhantelrudern.html

this will maybe help you. the text is in german but the form of the excercise is good. i would only keep the head higher.

The Squat:

“It's a great excuse to wear a big ass belt that makes you look less fat.”

- Dave Tate

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:12 pm 
Elephant

There is a vlog entry taken on monday, uploading right now that should finish in a couple of hours. I also am in the process of finishing piecing together some training videos. I have never trim and pasted videos together so I a learning plus doing other stuff. But it should be up this week hopefully.

SunWarrior is slated to arrive TODAY! 15 jars for me, 45 for resale. We may not get a booth at VegFest so hopefully we can generate enough interest to sell them online as it was a charge and the longer we hold onto them, the less lucrative of a funraising effort it will be as the money spent was not liquid. I'm not worried. We're going to hit facebook very shortly and that should be promising.

Training yesterday in Corvallis at Downing's Gym ROCKED!!!!!!!

Some highlights on my end.

Dumbbell French Press 105x8, 110x8, 115x8, 120x6, 125x5 (pb)
Weighted Dips (gosh, at least 8 sets, perhaps more with drop sets and supersets like mad)
75lbsx8 + super sets then pyramided down and super setter as well. More partner
assisted stuff as well which i'm lovin!!!! :boxer: :boxer: :boxer:
Weighted Narrow grip pullups 7th set 25lbs x 6 i think

as you can see i've been taking advantage of a new weighted dip belt! It works wonders; and your muscles too ;)

TIRE FLIPS They actually had a 400lb tire that I could take outdoors and flip around. I flipped it for 3 sets 20 reps a set. While it was nothing overly challenging, i've never done this before and it always looked super cool. Glad I got the chance to. Now on a mission to get one from a junk yard and flip it around all day as well as get a climbing harness and drag it around as well for some cross training BUDDAY >:-)

about 45 min of posing under the posing lights, which I have some nice pictures of over here. I am more tan and obviously in better shape than Jan 1st when I resumed training seriously and consistent again. I hope to get with a posing coach soon and actually learn how to pose properly!
My legs are so much bigger than depicted here. Every once in awhile i get them out when someone shows me proper posing. We need to get on it!!!

Ok, here are some pics of where I am at the moment. Post Triceps workout so they're swol and pumped.....

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Joelk wrote:
But as long as people stay away from our cooler bags with our meals and not ask silly questions, we're all pretty tame

Post subject: Re: LnG's RawVeganBodybuilder Video Blog; (7 1/2 weeks out)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:10 pm 
Elephant

Sweet video and pics yo!!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:38 pm 
Manatee

Looking ripped dude! Those pictures are inspiring.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:25 pm 
Gorilla

Looking very good mate.
If you can, try and not curl your arms so much on the front double bicep and try and lift your chest up a little without breathing in and puffing it out. You may need to flex your lats a little more and try lift our shoulders a little.
It's very hard to explain in words so see i you can get someone to have a look at it and try to make some little adjustments.
You have a lot of good muscle, it's just all about showing it off the best way to highlight all of it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:41 pm 
Stegosaurus

You're ripped. Looking great as always LG

I love ya Muah !!!! <3

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:11 am 
Manatee

Lean and Green wrote:
TIRE FLIPS They actually had a 400lb tire that I could take outdoors and flip around. I flipped it for 3 sets 20 reps a set. While it was nothing overly challenging, i've never done this before and it always looked super cool. Glad I got the chance to. Now on a mission to get one from a junk yard and flip it around all day as well as get a climbing harness and drag it around as well for some cross training BUDDAY >:-)

Good stuff, man. If you have a choice, I'd recommend getting a tire between 500-600 lbs, depending on if you want to keeping doing sets of 20 with it, which is killer cardio, at least for me. Did you flip it by just deadlifting it up or did you do it more superman-style (driving it up with the chest) ?

The best supplement for someone who is not eating enough and is therefore not recovering is more food.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:17 am 
Elephant

THANKS EVERYBODY!!

You know joelk? I agree! The posing coach we went to for one quick trial session asked us to curl em in more. I dunno guess i overdid it. The chest thing i'll check out too. This is all very good advice and i welcome as much more from anyone else who wishes to contribute, as critical as possible. I desperately need to learn posing. I hope me and RC can go as soon as he gets back from LA, budday.

Ralst. It was a tire at the gym i went to and that gym is 2 hrs away, we went for the posing lights and equipment etc, motivation. I want to ask a junkyard if they have one to get rid of and i'll pick it up and flip it up and down my block shirtless for some cardio. Any reco's for types of tires?

To be honest with you, i dunno what the heck i was doing. I think I was deadlifting more. I have a video i can upload, perhaps tomorrow. my upload speeds are slow; i need to plan it properly. 348kps ul. Been an issue with the new service i have but i save on costs 20 bucks less per month and similar download speeds. Maximal cardio effort would be best for my goals at the moment bt after cop, explosive strength.

SPEAKING OF THE NEIGHBORS; this is getting to be ridiculous. The more I hear, the worse it gets and the worse I play out crap in my mind. I really fear a crossfire or a direct attack. It is unhealthy for me and I hate it but what am i supposed to do? I can't move I don't want to and if i did I wouldn't be able to facilitate that for at least another 4-6 months.

It is like day 6 in a row that they have been punching a bag outside that they have set up on a tree in their front yard. It is directly by the bedroom window less than 20 feet away. They punch it as late as 3am in the morning. UNACCEPTABLE. Nevermind the horror stories of bullying neighbors with bricks through windows, breaking in, taking up the whole block with stolen crs and selling them on the street, illicit drug deals all day long on the streets. It is out of hand. They ruin a perfect neighborhood. How can one household bring down an entire neighborhood. This is disgusting. Every other neighbor is sent from heaven. They're the WORST and we live closer to them than anyone else on this strip.

DOES ANYONE IN PORTLAND care to help me find a huge tire to flip around in the street shirtless all day and a climbing harness on the cheap or perhaps to lend to me so i can drag it around and look menacing while getting my cardio in and enjoying myself???

I'm taking your advice whether it was intended to be comical or not OctoPussior, This cannot continue like this.......

ALSO, might i add that i was unable to workout as a direct result of them. I cannot leave thendanisays alone and i worked on internet stuff all day and household things that needed catch up. I had intended to wkout tonight but she came home overworked and needed to stay home and rest. I couldn't leave hr here, she's uncomfortable and with good reason. I can't take this anymore. I need to go to the precinct and figure something out. Wish we could get them evicted somehow.

Joelk wrote:
But as long as people stay away from our cooler bags with our meals and not ask silly questions, we're all pretty tame

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:24 am 
Site Admin

That really sucks man.............I'm not sure what to do...........my sister had a challenging situation where she was uncomfortable and eventually just had to move, she just couldn't be there anymore.

I wish I had more advice............again, I'm sorry to hear about the situation. You're both welcome to crash here anytime....I know that wouldn't work well for Joey....but the offer is there.

All the best man. Hope you have a good week and a half...see you when I get back.

Get in touch with Tasha or Jessifly if you need anything from our house while I'm gone.

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:52 pm 
Elephant

It's all good RC. I spoke to my landlord. He said I should go talk to them and apologize for calling the cops UGH.... any other option would be bad. Ignore and it'd get worse and call cops and they'll retaliate. Or move out. What a sucky situation.

The dumb internet will not upload properly. I need to figure something out. Perhaps an upgrade to a faster upload speed service. I download at 3mbps but upload only 348kbps. Not bad for $35 but it isn't as efficient as the service of old. Though that was $55 with comcast. anyhow....

So no vlog at the moment. Have one but cannot upload it.

Today's Workout was BY and FAR the most intense. and it was only like 1hr and 45min. Just very very efficient and constant.

ALL supersets and drop sets at the end of almost every exercise...

Combination of Legs and Lower Back

SuperSet #1 (Barbell Squats to Deadlifts) 6 sets
225x8 to 225x8 (did this 5 times) then a drop set of 225x6 to 225x6; 135x6 to 135x6

SuperSet #2 (Barbell GoodMornings to Hack Squats) 5 sets
135x8 to 140x8 (did this 5 times)

SuperSet #3 (Hamstring Curl Machine to HyperExtensions) 5 sets
110x8 to 45lber x 8 (did this 5 times)

SuperSet #4 (Hamstring Curl Machine to Leg Extensions) 5 sets
90x8 70x8 to 140x8 110x8 (did this 4 times) then a hi rep drop set; 90x10 70x4 50x6 30x8 to 140x10 110x8 90x4 70x3 50x3 30x2 10x2 pheeeeeewwww!

Jumped immediately onto a stationary bike for 30min BUDDAY!

Did I mention this was an all protein shake today? No strawberries in the algae either ;) Some vega oil tonight need some fat. zero fat in the shakes

I was very please with today. Also tanned and haven't been able to in 3 days so was happy bout that...

Ok back to work; break is over :D

Joelk wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:29 pm 
Elephant

Hey I was not being comical at all. Intimidation will work wonders for you! Look up DIY harness for tire dragging. There are a lot of tire places or mechanical places that will have big tires that are slashed and would probably give them to you if you asked.

Also, you dont have to apologize to the neighbors. Take a case of beer over and just talk to them. Say its not cool that theyre out at 3am.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:31 am 
Site Admin

I finally got online! Man, tons of tech problems for me, but all is well. Thanks for doing lots of stuff while I'm away.

I'm rocking things out here too.....busy times!

People are starting to hear about you and what you're doing out here in L.A. :) I'm talking about our upcoming competition and people are impressed!

Vegan Essentials especially had some great things to say about your progress!!

Man, I'm tired........be in touch, have a great weekend!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:22 am 
Elephant

VE you rock! If you're reading this, I need that ironman rehab training thing again that you recommended for the shoulder impingement?

Thanks R.C. I'm glad we're making a statement out there ;)

Tired, ready for bed. Dishes to wash, stuff to log. Have alot to say but not enough time to do so. All good things tonight. Been super busy networking and promoting us looking for assistance outside of the forum. Looks promising so far.

trying again tonight to upload a vid in a few min. I want to wake up to it being finished, pleas???? k

So let's stick to what counts for now; todays workout

8:30pm-9:30pm

Biceps:

Crazy drop set circuit type thing (rc doesn't like the word for it, i agree)

Barbell Bicep Curls (5 sec rests in between)
70lb x10, x9, x8, x7, x6, x5, x4, x3, x2, x1 (52 reps in total)
60lb x10, x9, x8, x7, x6, x5, x4, x3, x2, x1 (52 reps in total)
50lb x10, x9, x8, x7, x6, x5, x4, x3, x2, x1; DropSet #1 45x20; DropSet #2 30x25 (97 reps in
total)

Standing Dumbell Curls
3sets @ 35lb dumbells @ 8 reps per set
4th set 35x8; DropSet #1 27.5x8; DropSet #2 17.5x8

Seated Hammer Dumbell Curls
2 sets @ 27.5lb dumbells @ 8 reps per set
3rd set 27.5x8; DropSet #1

Barbell Standing Preacher Bench Curls
3 sets @ 50lb barbell @ 8 reps per set

Lying Cable Curls
3 sets @ 60lbs @ 8 reps per set

Tow Rope Cable Curls
2 sets @ 70lbs @ 8 reps per set
3rd set 70x8; DropSet #1 50x4; DropSet #1; 30x4; DropSet #3 20x8 (ouch) :)

9:30-10:00pm
27:30 on Stationary Bike

10:00-10:20
Tanning 12min standup

10:30-11:20

Shoulders (anterior and medial / posterior tomorrow)

Seated Dumbell Curls
set1: 65lb dumbells x 8
set2: 70lb dumbells x8
set3: 75lb dubells x 8
set4: 85lb dumbells x3 +2 forced; DropSet #1 50lb DB'sx4; DropSet #2 40lb DB'sx5; DropSet #3
30lb DB'sx6

Standing Hammer dumbell curls
3 sets @ 40lb dumbells @ 8 reps per set
4th set 40x8; DropSet #1 30x8; DropSet #2 25x8; DropSet #3 20x8; DropSet #4 17.5 x 20

Standing Barbell Front Shoulder Press
105x8, 105x8, 105x7

Standing Barbell Military Press
105x8, 105x7, 85x8

Standing BBell Front Shldr Press + Standing BBell Mil. Press SUPERSET
85x8 each exercise; DropSet #1 65x8 each exercise; DropSet #2 55x8 each exercise; DropSet #3 45x15 each exercise

Condensed and Intense. Lovin it!

K gotta skip the dishes too tired. Just going to soak shaker bottles and deal with it in the morning

BUDDAY!!!!!!

I'm with ya VBBF! ;) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :boxer: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Joelk wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 332 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 23  Next