Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 489 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 33  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Robert Cheeke's Bodybuilding Journal - 12 weeks out
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:41 am 
Offline
Elephant
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:41 am
Posts: 2300
Location: Portland (SouthEast), OR
woke up this morning to 183LBS; better atch out now! Hope you used your mouth to eat like you talk last night.... :boxer:

_________________
Where do you get your protein?
http://www.VeganProteins.com

Joelk wrote:
But as long as people stay away from our cooler bags with our meals and not ask silly questions, we're all pretty tame


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Robert Cheeke's Bodybuilding Journal - 12 weeks out
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:57 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:05 pm
Posts: 21052
Location: Austin, TX
Today was a big trash-talking day....I nearly dropped a 115 lb dumbbell on Lean and Green's foot to get him to shut up!

We weighed in today and out of nowhere he outweights me by 4.5 pounds! He's packed on about 17 pounds in 5 weeks or something crazy like that. His physique has transformed in amazing ways! So he had some trash to talk as we trained tonight and then of course since my arms are stronger I had a lot to talk about...while he was curling 40's I was curling 75's (then heavier)...while he was preacher curling 75, I was curling 100.....etc. Back and forth it went for 2 hours as we hammered it!

We did a few different exercises at first, but then the remaining 1.5 hours we trained together.

Here is what "my" workout looked liked:

Biceps

Dumbbell bicep curls
25s x 15
30s x 15
30s x 10
35s x 10
40s x 6
45s x 5
50s x 4

Dumbbell hammer curls
55s x 8
60s x 6
70s x 4
75s x 4
80s x 4

Preacher curls (some sets wide grip, others narrow grip)
75 x 8
75 x 6
85 x 8
95 x 6
100 x 6

Lying cable biceps curls
75 x 7
60 x 10
75 x 7

Rope pully biceps curls

50 x 10
70 x 10
100 x 8

Traps

Barbell shrugs
245 x 8
285 x 15
315 x 12
325 x 15
405 x 4 (partial reps)

Dumbbell Shrugs
85s x 15
100s x 10
105s x 5 (felt like ripping skin in my hand had to set them down early)
110s x 10
115s x 5
80s x 14

That was it. Then ate two packages of tofu on the drive home, handfuls of blueberries and I'll get more to eat in a few min. It is midnight so I won't do shakes...I have a bladder like a 5 year old so most of my liquid is morning and day and I still pee every 30 minutes. But I had Vega earlier today, multiple Pro Bars, yams, etc.

Lean and Green is really eating big...I mean BIG and is getting B.I.G. too.

We're on our own this weekend doing our own thing and will meet up for a Big day of lifting on Monday. I plan to press 115's with my chest!

_________________

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Robert Cheeke's Bodybuilding Journal - 12 weeks out
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:08 pm 
Offline
Elephant
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:41 am
Posts: 2300
Location: Portland (SouthEast), OR
Robert wrote:
405 x 4 (partial reps)



hmmmm..... so quick to list the exact details of how you were able to lift more than me with your biceps while you were unable to even have 1 full repetition with those so called "partial" reps. Whilst I repped out a solid 5 full repetitions with the same weight as you blamed it on the straps you weren't used to and the power rack having the bars set too low and you don't know how to do a 1/8th rack pull to get the weight started and all that.... :roll:

MAN UP!

Dani said she never saw you look so defeated when you put your head down in the gym after admitting to her that I was 4.5 lbs heavier than you right now. I told her to wait until after the contest concludes and they announce my placing ahead of you BUDDAY!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:


SHOW NO MERCY! :boxer: :boxer: You're going DOWWWWWWN :boxer: :boxer:

As i sit here relaxed and ready waiting for DV to help us out with posing with the generous offer to connect us with 2 NPC judges who are going make sure we put a good show on; I see you pounding as much food as possible in the BACKSEAT of YOUR OWN CAR, giving me the space i need to spread out while you try to play catch up.......

It's on RC.

Don't get emotional.......................

_________________
Where do you get your protein?
http://www.VeganProteins.com

Joelk wrote:
But as long as people stay away from our cooler bags with our meals and not ask silly questions, we're all pretty tame


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Robert Cheeke's Bodybuilding Journal - 12 weeks out
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:22 pm 
Offline
Manatee
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:10 pm
Posts: 292
Location: Lincolnshire, England
VBB's very own Battle of the Titans! This is better than what a fight between Godzilla and Optimus Prime would be :shock:

_________________
The greatest mistake in the treatment of diseases is that there are physicians for the body and physicians for the soul, although the two cannot be seperated. ~ Plato


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Robert Cheeke's Bodybuilding Journal - 12 weeks out
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:15 pm 
Offline
Mastodon

Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:31 am
Posts: 4814
Location: eh?
Lean and Green wrote:
Robert wrote:
405 x 4 (partial reps)



hmmmm..... so quick to list the exact details of how you were able to lift more than me with your biceps while you were unable to even have 1 full repetition with those so called "partial" reps. Whilst I repped out a solid 5 full repetitions with the same weight as you blamed it on the straps you weren't used to and the power rack having the bars set too low and you don't know how to do a 1/8th rack pull to get the weight started and all that.... :roll:

MAN UP!

Dani said she never saw you look so defeated when you put your head down in the gym after admitting to her that I was 4.5 lbs heavier than you right now. I told her to wait until after the contest concludes and they announce my placing ahead of you BUDDAY!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:


SHOW NO MERCY! :boxer: :boxer: You're going DOWWWWWWN :boxer: :boxer:

As i sit here relaxed and ready waiting for DV to help us out with posing with the generous offer to connect us with 2 NPC judges who are going make sure we put a good show on; I see you pounding as much food as possible in the BACKSEAT of YOUR OWN CAR, giving me the space i need to spread out while you try to play catch up.......

It's on RC.

Don't get emotional.......................


lmao.. :lol:

_________________
Lifts:
250 Bench
445 Deadlift
335 Squat


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Robert Cheeke's Bodybuilding Journal - 12 weeks out
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:16 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:05 pm
Posts: 21052
Location: Austin, TX
I give respect where respect is due......I've got nothing but good things to say about Lean and Green. He has surprised not only me but a lot of people with his weight gain and physique transformation. My eyebrows have certainly been raised but I'm not scared or worried. I've been making great gains, have been setting new Personal Best lifts everyday and I'm focusing on me. I can't control his physique, in fact I'm trying to find ways to help him improve his physique, but I can control mine in every way and that is where my focus and attention is and I'm very pleased with my recent progress.

I certainly am stronger than Lean and Green in many exercises, and he is certainly stronger than me in many exercises. Our bodies are way different. We did some professional posing today and it is very evident from not only photos but from posing today that we have very different structures. He has some advantages, I have some advantages. Sure, we both want to place ahead of each other...no doubt about that. We're both confident we'll place ahead of the other, and we're both in some ways honestly worried about how we'll stack up against Octopussoir, even if we act tough as if we're not worried about him.

Today was a good day of posing. I had a lot of fun and it was great to see DV again too. It had been a while. The fack that Lean and Green is heavier right now helped me evaluate my own diet and make some changes. I see that as a positive. I know he's going to do a lot more trash talking that I am and that is something I'll just have to get used to. I do it as well sometimes so that's the way it goes. I do find it a bit annoying but if it helps bring out something in me that can be improved.....so be it...and ultimately if it annoys me enough, I'll just make sure when we get on stage, there is no doubt that my physique will make him quiet up immediately.

For now, we're training partners, helping each other out, pushing each other and finding ways to better ourselves to set ourselves apart from the others.

I look forward to more posing. I learned a lot today and we can both use some major work in this area.....I just got home and Tasha has made more food for me...I better eat up!

Time to "Man Up" and eat up because I know all too well, when your physique speaks for itself, there is no need to interrupt.

_________________

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Robert Cheeke's Bodybuilding Journal - 12 weeks out
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:16 pm 
Offline
Mastodon

Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:31 am
Posts: 4814
Location: eh?
robert wrote:
I give respect where respect is due......I've got nothing but good things to say about Lean and Green. He has surprised not only me but a lot of people with his weight gain and physique transformation. My eyebrows have certainly been raised but I'm not scared or worried. I've been making great gains, have been setting new Personal Best lifts everyday and I'm focusing on me. I can't control his physique, in fact I'm trying to find ways to help him improve his physique, but I can control mine in every way and that is where my focus and attention is and I'm very pleased with my recent progress.

I certainly am stronger than Lean and Green in many exercises, and he is certainly stronger than me in many exercises. Our bodies are way different. We did some professional posing today and it is very evident from not only photos but from posing today that we have very different structures. He has some advantages, I have some advantages. Sure, we both want to place ahead of each other...no doubt about that. We're both confident we'll place ahead of the other, and we're both in some ways honestly worried about how we'll stack up against Octopussoir, even if we act tough as if we're not worried about him.

Today was a good day of posing. I had a lot of fun and it was great to see DV again too. It had been a while. The fack that Lean and Green is heavier right now helped me evaluate my own diet and make some changes. I see that as a positive. I know he's going to do a lot more trash talking that I am and that is something I'll just have to get used to. I do it as well sometimes so that's the way it goes. I do find it a bit annoying but if it helps bring out something in me that can be improved.....so be it...and ultimately if it annoys me enough, I'll just make sure when we get on stage, there is no doubt that my physique will make him quiet up immediately.

For now, we're training partners, helping each other out, pushing each other and finding ways to better ourselves to set ourselves apart from the others.

I look forward to more posing. I learned a lot today and we can both use some major work in this area.....I just got home and Tasha has made more food for me...I better eat up!

Time to "Man Up" and eat up because I know all too well, when your physique speaks for itself, there is no need to interrupt.


Chill out, he's just messing around with you.

Jack has a larger frame of course he will weigh more, weight doesn't matter, it's how you look.

Also, you were bragging about being stronger in curls before he ever talked any trash on here. :wink:

_________________
Lifts:
250 Bench
445 Deadlift
335 Squat


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Robert Cheeke's Bodybuilding Journal - 12 weeks out
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:27 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:05 pm
Posts: 21052
Location: Austin, TX
I'm talking about in person.... :) Can't get the guy to shut up already. But in the gym there is very little trash talking.....just support as we both push it very hard.

There is a lot of excitement....newspapers, magazines, etc. know about our contest....so we both get excited, anxious, and have both made impressive gains.

I aim to press 115's in each hand for chest press on Monday....will report back with results. New PB's every week and that is the way I like it. Time to eat and rest up. Will also start doing more cardio. I have only done a bit so far but it was fun....I forgot how much I miss the stair stepper :)

_________________

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Robert Cheeke's Bodybuilding Journal - 12 weeks out
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:47 am 
Offline
Mastodon

Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:31 am
Posts: 4814
Location: eh?
robert wrote:
I'm talking about in person.... :) Can't get the guy to shut up already. But in the gym there is very little trash talking.....just support as we both push it very hard.

There is a lot of excitement....newspapers, magazines, etc. know about our contest....so we both get excited, anxious, and have both made impressive gains.

I aim to press 115's in each hand for chest press on Monday....will report back with results. New PB's every week and that is the way I like it. Time to eat and rest up. Will also start doing more cardio. I have only done a bit so far but it was fun....I forgot how much I miss the stair stepper :)


Oh yeah, nobody can get the guy to shut up. :D

Get the trash talking on film, drama is always necessary.

_________________
Lifts:
250 Bench
445 Deadlift
335 Squat


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Robert Cheeke's Bodybuilding Journal - 12 weeks out
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:08 am 
Offline
Manatee
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:29 am
Posts: 261
Good training lately, Robert. That much volume would probably kill me, but it seems to work for you guys :)

Lean and Green wrote:
Robert wrote:
405 x 4 (partial reps)

hmmmm..... so quick to list the exact details of how you were able to lift more than me with your biceps while you were unable to even have 1 full repetition with those so called "partial" reps. Whilst I repped out a solid 5 full repetitions with the same weight as you blamed it on the straps you weren't used to and the power rack having the bars set too low and you don't know how to do a 1/8th rack pull to get the weight started and all that.... :roll:


Just a thought, but after your "Squatting 560" comments in another thread, you might want to at least give Robert credit for being honest here ;)

_________________
TeamBigSac.com

The best supplement for someone who is not eating enough and is therefore not recovering is more food.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Robert Cheeke's Bodybuilding Journal - 12 weeks out
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:36 am 
Offline
Elephant
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:40 pm
Posts: 2579
Well looks like the contest has begun! 8)

With all the male ego out there, if I were Dani I would just start going to the gym alone. :lol:

_________________
The devotion of thought to an honest achievement makes the achievement possible.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Robert Cheeke's Bodybuilding Journal - 12 weeks out
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:37 pm 
Offline
Mastodon

Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:31 am
Posts: 4814
Location: eh?
ralst wrote:
Good training lately, Robert. That much volume would probably kill me, but it seems to work for you guys :)

Lean and Green wrote:
Robert wrote:
405 x 4 (partial reps)

hmmmm..... so quick to list the exact details of how you were able to lift more than me with your biceps while you were unable to even have 1 full repetition with those so called "partial" reps. Whilst I repped out a solid 5 full repetitions with the same weight as you blamed it on the straps you weren't used to and the power rack having the bars set too low and you don't know how to do a 1/8th rack pull to get the weight started and all that.... :roll:


Just a thought, but after your "Squatting 560" comments in another thread, you might want to at least give Robert credit for being honest here ;)


This is true.

_________________
Lifts:
250 Bench
445 Deadlift
335 Squat


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Robert Cheeke's Bodybuilding Journal - 12 weeks out
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:02 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:05 pm
Posts: 21052
Location: Austin, TX
I posed on Saturday with DV and Lean and Green and it was a totally awesome time! I took the weekend off from training to eat and sleep. I did both well. I just got home at 11PM after being away for the weekend and was 192 lbs (with clothes on). It's too cold in my house to take clothes off to weigh myself....seriously, we actually haven't had the heat on for nearly 2 weeks. Something happened to our heating system. Our temperature gauge says it is 54 right now. It is usually 59-61 but maybe because nobody has been home for the weekend it got a bit colder.

Anyway, I took the weekend to sleep in, recover, and eat a bunch....I know it seems strange to be "building" or "bulking" during a 12-week pre-contest cutting phase...but it is something I am experimenting with and I honestly believe it will work...if I didn't believe that, I wouldn't be doing it....so according to original and current plans, I'm building up, getting bigger and stronger through March and then towards the end of March I'll begin cutting for 4 weeks and be ready come April 25th for the showdown in the desert!

I was inspired by Lean and Green's ability to bulk of so fast so I have been eating more, consuming more liquids, and peeing, pooping, and farting more as well. We're all finding ways to bring out the best in each other and we're all learning from different approaches we're each taking as we prepare for the same contest, the same day, in the same weight class (159 1/4lbs-176lbs). We're each about 185lbs right now and will all be under 176 lbs come contest day.

Anyway....just got home, gotta eat and then get under blankets...it's a cold one!

_________________

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Robert Cheeke's Bodybuilding Journal - 12 weeks out
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:05 pm 
Offline
Elephant
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:35 am
Posts: 1192
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
You're an icon! People fear the power growing in your hair! Grow Robert, grow!

_________________
an evolving primate


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Robert Cheeke's Bodybuilding Journal - 12 weeks out
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:08 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:05 pm
Posts: 21052
Location: Austin, TX
:)

Today was another historic day. I pressed 110's for 3 reps, did another set and got 4 reps, including some reps totally unassisted. Lean and Green was there to spot me and did a fine job even when I wanted to stop after 3 reps we powered through a fourth rep.

I did 105s for a bunch of reps, 7 or 8 I think but stopped before failure wanting those 110's and got them. I thought about 115's but decided it was best to wait.

My chest workout went like this:

Dumbbell chest press: (odd numbered dumbbells) :)
43s x 20
52s x 12
70s x 8
92s x 8
105s x 7
110s x 3
110s x 4

Incline dumbbell press
75s x 10
87s x 6

Flat bench press
225 x 3
225 x 3
225 x 3

Decline bench press
225 x 5
245 x 3
225 x 6

Weighted dips
43 x 8
50 x 10
55 x 10
55 x 10
60 x 10
superset with bodyweight x 8

That was it.

All free weights, all heavy, all good :)

Lean and Green trained a bit of legs and a bit of chest and is back at the gym for another session doing a bit more legs and chest. The guy is an animal. Tasha and thendanisays are with him now...I"m home working, eating, resting, and farting.

Time for some Vega, some creatine, and probably some yams left over from lunch Tasha made me.

I was 192 last night (with clothes on), 188 at the gym with clothes on......will weigh myself without clothes soon...last time I checked I was 183, though have been as high as 185-186 lately. I will be 174 lbs for my contest and then hopefully up to 195 within a few weeks after the show :)

_________________

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 489 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 33  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  



{ ASACP_CREDITS }
{ ASACP_CREDITS }
{ ASACP_CREDITS } Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group