Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 489 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 33  Next
 Post subject: Re: Robert Cheeke's Bodybuilding Journal - 12 weeks out
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:38 am 
Mastodon

My chest is as strong as yours..woohoo!

335 Squat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:45 am 
Elephant

Hey Ill be in El Paso(about 2 hours away from Phoenix, so my wife says) the weekend before our show for a wedding. When exactly do you think we will be there I saw that Drug testing is like 2 days prior so at least thursday i presume.

BTW, your lifts are getting crazy!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:14 am 
Elephant

Nice lifting! You should come in nice and easy the way you are going. :)

Drug testing is 2 days prior? Link to show?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:11 pm 
Site Admin

Yeah, they'll often offer the drug testing as far as a week before (many competitors are local, most usually are), but you can often do it Day Of Contest too.

I'll be there at least 2 days before and Lean and Green will likely be on the same travel schedule as me. My plan is to arrive around the 22nd or 23rd, relax, do photo shoots, prepare, practice more posing and then compete on the 25th, do more photo shoots, visit family, and then head back home on the 27th or 28th. So I may be there for a week, just because I used to live there, work there, have family there, etc.

Octo....wow, cool you'll be in the area...I didn't know El Paso was so close......

Anyway, I can talk to the promoter to learn more about the drug testing schedule. I have always done day of or day before.

SeaSiren.... link to our show:

http://www.donrobinsonproductions.com/inbf.html

Things are coming along well...I look forward to contest day!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:29 pm 
Elephant

Mine were always day of and most include poly, although poly can be taken the evening before.

Rock on guys! You are looking fab! :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:20 am 
Site Admin

I trained legs today. Lean and Green and Tasha were also there. It was Lean and Green's second workout of the day when we joined him.

I had a nice leg session today and will be back tomorrow morning for.....back.

Today it went like this:

Stair stepper for 15 minutes to warm up.

Leg Extensions (continued warm-up)
60 x 25
100 x 25
140 x 20
250 (whole stack) x 10
210 x 15
210 x 15

Hack Squats
90 x 15
180 x 12
270 x 12
360 x 10
360 x 8

Leg Press
270 x 20
360 x 15
540 x 12
720 x 6
540 x 12
540 x 15

Lunges...one giant set of prisoner lunges around the perimeter of the gym (toughest set of whole workout)

Calf raises

Less than 100 x 25
100+ x 20
100+ x 20
100+ x 20
100+ x 20
100+ x 15

I don't recall exact weights.

Then I did a few more lunges as I walked around the gym from point A to B....rather than walking, I lunged there.

I also did 2 more sets of hack squats with 180 for 15 reps per set.

Then headed to a market that has cheap food (saving money around every corner these days to prepare for the competition), picked up some groceries and had some Vega and creatine and then headed off to the post office to ship our t-shirts and a DVD order. Then came back and Tasha had potatoes, yams and broccoli for me, which I ate and enjoyed. I continued to eat later on with tofu and now I'm have 2 ProBars.

I wasn't pumped or anything but had photos taken of me today just for fun and I still look pretty soft...which is understandable and to be expected since I'm still putting on some size for totally leaning out....but I'm thinking I'll need to do more cardio starting pretty soon and work with my diet a little more closely to get things on good track. I'm still doing well and have had some great photos taken recently but I'm still working on many aspects of it.

I better get to bed soon....early morning workout with Cesar tomorrow.

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:50 am 
Stegosaurus

OMG RC you aren't kidding. ! :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:10 am 
Elephant

Tasha wrote:
OMG RC you aren't kidding. ! :twisted:

i'll believe3 it when i see it; though he seemed pretty serious about it. He's gonna do it BUDDAY!

Joelk wrote:
But as long as people stay away from our cooler bags with our meals and not ask silly questions, we're all pretty tame

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:17 am 
Stegosaurus

lol I do believe what he wrote. I thought he was going to fall over the side, when he was doing lunges. But sorry I was talking about his gas. I step out of my room and I could smell it with his door closed.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:20 am 
Site Admin

What is it.......my inability to get out of bed in the morning from training and staying up late working....or my gas? :)

I'm working on a newsletter but my back is sore from using my laptop so I'm going to call it a night.....I'll be up early :) I actually look forward to morning workouts and getting up early will be good for me. A bit more food...and off to bed...buddies.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:29 am 
Site Admin

I trained back today with my trainer. Lean and Green and Tasha were also in the house this morning at 24 Hour Fitness.

It's now midnight and I trained at 9AM....let's see if I can remember it.....

I used the stair-stepper for 10 minutes

I'm not even sure what my first exercise was. It may have been back extensions.

Anyway, I did some back extensions for a few sets and then moved over to deadlifts.

Oh, I remember, I did some exercise with cables I had never done before. Some sort of unilateral cable lat pull-down while standing and leaning forward......I did that for 3 sets. I don't recall the weights.

Then I did another cable exercise I had never done that was a squat and row at the same time (tying in hamstrings with low back, stabilizers, etc.). There is always a plan when I work with Cesar to work on my weak parts (tightness in lower back, hams and glutes). I did 3 sets there too.

Remember I have low-back issues which keep me from squatting and deadlifting....the latest "accident" left me barely walking in November until I got some help from a chiropractor immediately. So anyway, they are very scary for me. I just used 95 pounds today. Sure I can use more weight in one hand for chest press, but when it comes to "bending" I'm in big trouble and can't do much.

So it will look funny but it's what I can do right now and even with only 95 my back "didn't feel right" as if it was on the brink of potential slipping (my vertebra's rotate sometimes which is incredibly painful and immobilizing). I write this now so I don't have to write it later when asked why I'm only lifting 95lbs.

Deadlifts
95 x 10
95 x 12
95 x 15

T-bar rows
50 x 15
75 x 12
100 x 12
125 x 8
50 x 12

One-arm cable rows
160 x 15
160 x 15
160 x 15

We didn't do any "seated" exercises, by design, until the final set. We wanted to keep the "whole body" engaged with various rows, deadlifts, etc.

Two-arm cable rows
120 x 15
135 x 12
150 x 12

That was it and then I rode the bike for 25 minutes and came home to have all kinds of good food made for me by Tasha. I made a Vega/Creatine shake and she made rice, yams, beans, broccoli, avocado, and had fruit prepared if I wanted it.

Good times.

We all took a bunch of photos modeling clothing since I'm trying to move my remaining inventory. These are all un-cropped, un-edited, have things in the background, etc....we're just trying to show what we have left. We took a bunch..here are just a few.

A sample of that is:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:36 am 
Manatee

Fantastic snaps! :twisted:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:41 am 
Rabbit

robert wrote:
So it will look funny but it's what I can do right now and even with only 95 my back "didn't feel right" as if it was on the brink of potential slipping (my vertebra's rotate sometimes which is incredibly painful and immobilizing). I write this now so I don't have to write it later when asked why I'm only lifting 95lbs.

Have you read anything by Stuart McGill on lower back problems?

I have his "Ultimate Back Fitness and Performance" book on my desk just now. I think he also has a book called "Lower Back Disorders". He's got some interesting thoughts on rehab from injury and on lifting safe, they make sense to me.

To be honest I wouldn't really recommend the book, it takes too long to get to practical advice for me (maybe I'm just impatient), but have a search about on the internet for some articles by him.

Actually did this myself, this is his website: http://www.backfitpro.com/
And an interview on t-nation: http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_interviews/back_to_mcgill

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:29 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks.....

I have disc vertebra problems and they slip and rotate and it feels like I've been in a car accident....I mean...worst pain of my life.

It happens every year on a freak lift like squats (multiple times), deadlifts, and things that require bending at the waist. I could barely bend over to unrack a barbell for shrugs the other day and even 95 pound deadlifts were tough for me.

Other things like chest press....no problem.

It's just one of those things......like a sore big toe can sideline a basketball player, because they can't put weight on it to pivot or rotate, jump, defend, etc.

It seems like it should get better....and does. I hadn't hurt it all year until Nov. when I messed it up pretty badly but had a doctor sort me out immediately. I just need more consistent work done with doctors and rehab, plus my own rehab my trainer and I are working on....and I should be squatting and deadlifting (actual weight) again one of these days.

Just had my oatmeal. Off to the gym now.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:39 pm 
Stegosaurus

Are you with me RC?

Throw some dzzz on it

YB

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 489 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 33  Next