BabyVegan's training blog

Create and maintain your own personal online journal. Log your meals and/or workouts, and monitor your progress. Hold yourself accountable and receive support, suggestions, and be open to feedback.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Re: Here I am!

#16 Postby BabyVegan » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:26 am

Cardio cardio cardio...
That's pretty much been my week and for the first time in a long time, I'm loving it!

Busy so became something of an off-ish day
-30 minutes of yoga
-1 hour of dance

-35 minutes on the treadmill
(a big deal for me as I did it non-stop instead of my usual interval training at a level which is usually a higher one for me... felt so awesome afterwards, I think I buzzed off of that for a while)
-15 minutes of stretching

-20 minutes of interval training on stair climber
-back strength training because I felt like it since I'd been sitting at a conference all day, and back training is the funnest thing ever)
-20 minutes of stretching + abs

-started off my morning with 20 minutes of yoga
-hopefully heading out to the pool for a 45 minute swim later on

So to cope with my three meal issue, I've added in a fourth meal between 1pm-ish and 7pm-ish by just having a liquid meal (some form of organic meal replacement powder), and it's doing wonders!
More me goodness at:

Re: BabyVegan's training blog

#17 Postby BabyVegan » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:50 am

I haven't been posting for the good reason that opening this account has served as enough motivation that I've been sticking to my plan and haven't really had the time to update. Things have been going well (ups and downs based on my occasional inability to deal with my now very picky metabolism).

Things that have changed:
-I'm going on a 40 day detox during which I'll maintain my workout schedule but will be detoxing diet wise (following Sara Rose's detox book which I love because it actually sets up your meals for 40 days and can easily accommodate a vegan diet)
-I've instituted 20 minutes of yoga every morning (different routine every morning)
-I'm doing weights twice a week now because the increase of endurance cardio was making tired in the exhausted as opposed to the 'just had a great workout way'
-so now still doing cardio via switching between 1 day of 20 minute high intensity interval training and 1 day of 30-45 minute medium to medium-high intensity endurance cadio, but 5 days a week instead of 6

As a side note, hemp in all its glorious forms (butter, seeds, protein powder) is the greatest thing ever. I wish we'd legalize growing hemp for food in the States like in Canada because it's SO much cheaper there it's insane...

Have an awesome day!

More me goodness at:

#18 Postby aluck » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:56 pm

Kudos babe and congratulations!

The reason is not, Can they reason? nor, Can they talk?, but Can they suffer? - Jeremy Bentham 1748 - 1832

#19 Postby Tasha » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:56 pm

Great work
Congratulations !! :)
Robert wrote:
My knee muscles look totally sweet where I'm holding my weiner.

Return to “Online Training Journals & Blogs”