Ryofire's Journal

I want to start a journal to keep track of my progress. Make comments of how I'm doing and how I'm feeling about my training, diet, etc.

I weight train, practice Hung Gar, ride a bicycle, sometimes do a little parkour even, and whatever is fun enough and helps me stay in shape. I'm also big into walking especially around the city. I'm a natural city boy at heart. There's alot to see here in Boston too.

I have a journal on training.fitness.com. I think I'll keep my membership to that site as well so I can look at any of the threads I've posted there for feedback.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did some cardio in the AM and had Hung Gar practice this afternoon.

Someone in my Hung Gar class was trying to tell me that men shouldn't eat alot of Soy because of the fact that the plant estrogen is in it. Yet this is a woman trying to tell me a man what to do with my body. Before anyone thinks I'm sexist let me say this. I don't care what study says what there's not enough evidence and not enough studies being done to prove that soy is really bad for men and even cause gynecomastia (or however you spell it). All of this is a bunch of macho bacho manly wanna be tough bullshit.

Hung Gar Sei Ping Ma Stance Drill (Isometric): 1:04

Hung Gar Kicking Drill: 1x10 on each leg

Smith Machine Squat: 180lbs 1x6-8

Smith Machine Calf Raise: 180lbs 1x12

Hip Adduction: 100lbs 1x12

Hip Abduction (on cables): 30lbs 1x8

I'm going to be tweeking my workout scedule a little bit. So I don't overtrain/undertrain.

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't updated in a while Any way here goes.

Dumbell Chest Press: 45lbs 1x6; 40lbs 1x8

Arnold Dumbell Raise: 25lbs 1x8; 20lbs 1x10

Hung Gar Ab Exercise: BW 1x8

Cross Body Crunch: BW 1x12

Transverse Vaccum: 3x60s

20 Minutes HIIT

What kind of HIIT are you doing?

Latly because the weather has gotten better I've been going out for a run. either that or I go on the treadmill. Other times I'll go on my bike/staionary bike or the Eliptical.

I know I really need to keep up with updating this Journal, but today was a Cardio in the AM and I managerd to get in some Parkour practice in town today. I am very careful when I practice it. I don't do anything too dangerous without making sure I am able to do it.

I have also decided to go vegan now. However instead of going straight to a vegan diet, I am slowly weaning off of cheese and milk untill I'm able to get the proper nutrients I need from a vegan diet such as essential aminio acids. I'd much rather do it smart and responsibly to my health than irresponsibly like many others do sad to say. If anyone has advice to give it would be greatly apreciated.

Dumbell Chest Press: 40lbs 1x10; 35lbs 1x10

Arnold Dumbell Press: 20lbs 1x10; 15lbs 1x10

Pec Dec: 90lbs 1x8; 80lbs 1x10

Hung Gar Ab Exercise: Bw 1x8

Cross Body Crunch: BW 1x15

Back Extension: 135lbs 1x8; 130lbs 1x10

20 minutes HIIT

I have also decided to go vegan now. However instead of going straight to a vegan diet, I am slowly weaning off of cheese and milk untill I'm able to get the proper nutrients I need from a vegan diet such as essential aminio acids. I'd much rather do it smart and responsibly to my health than irresponsibly like many others do sad to say. If anyone has advice to give it would be greatly apreciated.

My advice is to just go for it, all at once, in a good healthy way.

To me, it seems so weird and wrong to see someone say cow milk is healthy. It really, really isn't. I don't know if you know the reasons why it isn't healthy, i don't want to bore you or anything, so if you want to know, just ask, or do a search... but you will be way way WAY healthier if you drop that out of your diet. Replace cow milk with rice, almond, or hemp milk... replacing cheese with some kind of processed or home made substitute is a good way to wean yourself off it. If you need recipes, poke around here or the interwebs, or just ask.

To me, it seems so weird and wrong to see someone say cow milk is healthy. It really, really isn't. I don't know if you know the reasons why it isn't healthy, i don't want to bore you or anything, so if you want to know, just ask, or do a search... but you will be way way WAY healthier if you drop that out of your diet. Replace cow milk with rice, almond, or hemp milk... replacing cheese with some kind of processed or home made substitute is a good way to wean yourself off it. If you need recipes, poke around here or the interwebs, or just ask.

I agree with all of this. When you first start eating vegan, I would stay away from things like faux cheeses because honestly, they don't taste like the real thing. Once you've been off real cheese for awhile then maybe try some out. I would also try some different types of non-dairy milk. There are a million different brands out there and everyone has their own tastes.

If it's calcium you're worried about (by not wanting to drop the dairy) then I would suggest looking at sites like this one:

http://dfwnetmall.com/veg/plantfoodshighcontentcalcium.htm

I agree with all of this. When you first start eating vegan, I would stay away from things like faux cheeses because honestly, they don't taste like the real thing. Once you've been off real cheese for awhile then maybe try some out. I would also try some different types of non-dairy milk. There are a million different brands out there and everyone has their own tastes.

If it's calcium you're worried about (by not wanting to drop the dairy) then I would suggest looking at sites like this one:

http://dfwnetmall.com/veg/plantfoodshighcontentcalcium.htm

I think you two are right. I actually did try Teese before. Here in Boston there's a place called TJ's Pizza. It's an all Vegan Pizzeria. So I've tried the stuff there I really like it. If anything I'm worried about it's the essential aminio acids.

If it is getting essential aminos you worried about. Eat Soy - It is a complete protein containing all amino acids. Or eat some that are near complete like quinoa, Buckwheat, Hempseeds, Amaranth. If you have any questions let me know but you can totally easily get all of your amino acids without dairy.

Thanks everyone you've been a good help and support. Not too many people as you can imagine like the whole vegan diet idea. They don't support it neither as you can imagine I get alot of shit. Despite all that I still do it anyways.

Edited by Ryofire

Pull Ups: BW 1x9

(I for get what kind you call it) Rows: 50lbs 1x10; 45lbs 1x10

Twisting Bicep curl: 20lbs 2x15

Hung Gar Ab Exercise: BW 1x8

Cross Training Crunch: BW 1x15

Stomach Vaccum: 3x60s

20 minute HIIT