276lbs 5 reps

RDL

1x10x170lbs

1x5x220lbs pause at bottom

Good Mornings

2x10x120lbs

1x10x130lbs

Edited by Anonymous

STARTING A TRAINING LOG... NICE... WHAT IS MAINTENCE?
Maintenance day means I will do enough work so I don't loss my squat or DL strength.

I'm not concerned about increasing my squat or DL strength right now. I want to concentrate on increasing my upperbody strength because it's weak compared to my lowerbody strength.

Does that make sense?

Monday 5/11

Push Jerk:

DB 56's 5 reps

Btn Lat Pulls:

3x10x160lbs

Forearms

Hammer Curls:

3x6x20's

Knuckle Push-ups:

2 sets to failure

Cardio:

Jump Squats

4 rounds 1 minute rest

STARTING A TRAINING LOG... NICE... WHAT IS MAINTENCE?
Maintenance day means I will do enough work so I don't loss my squat or DL strength.

I'm not concerned about increasing my squat or DL strength right now. I want to concentrate on increasing my upperbody strength because it's weak compared to my lowerbody strength.

Does that make sense?

Mary, one other thing. I want to do more cardio. I used to lift weights three days a week M/W/F squat on Mon. DL on Fri. However squatting and deadlifting on two different days of the week leaves my legs fried and to tired to do much cardio.

Wednesday 5/14

DB Incline Bench Press:

56's 7-8 reps (I forget how many)

(I was supposed to only do 5 reps but I had more in me)

BB Rows:

3x6

Cardio:

Jump Squats

4 rounds 1 minute rest

My legs are sore as sheet

5/12

Calories: 2115

Fat: 72g

Carbs: 236g

Protein: 107g

5/13

Calories: 2405

Fat: 64g

Carbs: 284g

Protein: 133g

5/14

Calories: 1935

Fat: 53g

Carbs: 232g

Protein: 104g

Tip of the day: Eat something high in carbs right before a heavy workout to keep/increase strength!
Thanks for the tip. Edited by Anonymous

Friday 5/15

Strict DB Shoulder Press

46's 5 reps

Btn Lat Pull:

2x15x160lbs

Hammer Curl:

2x8x20's

Push-ups:

2 sets

Cardio:

No cardio. I was in a hurry.

Calories: 1950

Fat: 53g

Net carbs: 243g

Protein: 104g

Notes:

1. I used the same weight for hammer curls and lat pulls this session as Monday because I used to light of a weight on Monday. Usually if I do the same exercise two different sessions a week I go lighter the second session. Again the hammer curls are for my forearms NOT big gunz which I could care less about, even though chicks dig gunz.

2. I've found that I make progress on upperbody pushing exercises if I do my 5 rep max and increase the weight the next week. I haven't found that to be effective for SQ & DL strength gains. I was going to do a 3x5 of push jerks on Friday, but I was in a hurry.

3. DELETE

Edited by Anonymous

Does that make sense?

Mary, one other thing. I want to do more cardio. I used to lift weights three days a week M/W/F squat on Mon. DL on Fri. However squatting and deadlifting on two different days of the week leaves my legs fried and to tired to do much cardio.

What about adding DL or squatting into your cardio routine. Check out some of my crossfit workouts. It is cardio lifting. Just a suggestion. Log looking good.

Saturday 5/16

Rest

Calories: 2400

Fat: 49g

Net carbs: 331g

Protein: 123g

I consumed extra calories today because I made a big pot of black beans. I love the taste of warm black beans right out of the pot.

black beans 4 cups cooked

red quinoa 1 cup cooked

soy milk 16 oz.

peanuts 4 tbsp.

banana 1

orange 1

collard greens 3-4 cups cooked ???

flax oil 1 tbsp

What about adding DL or squatting into your cardio routine. Check out some of my crossfit workouts. It is cardio lifting. Just a suggestion. Log looking good.
Mary, I found this website: http://www.crossfitendurance.com/

Here are a few samples:

Choose ONE of the Following Sports:

Swim, Bike, Run, C2

40:20x5

40 seconds on, 20 seconds off for 5 rounds.

Swim, Bike, Run, C2

45 sec on, 45 sec off, 1:30 on, 1:30 off, 3 min on, 3 min off, 6 min on, 6 min off, 3min on, 3 min off, 1:30 on, 1:30 off, 45 sec on

Swim, Bike Run, C2

1min on, 1 min off, 1 min on, 50 sec off, 1 min on, 40 sec off, 1 min on, 30 sec off, 1 min on 20 sec off, 1 min on, 10 sec off, then go back up the ladder until you finish with 1 min on, 50 sec off, 1 min on.

Note: This routine is subject to modifications.

I didn't lift this last week because I was sick and figuring out a new routine. I'm going to keep it simple. There was WAY too much analysis going on in my head.

Session 1:

Vertical Push

Deadlift "Death Set"

Lat work

72 hours rest

Session 2:

Vertical Push

Deadlift "Death Set"

Lat work

Edited by Anonymous

Hope your feeling better. what is a death set? to failure?
One 20 rep set with your 10RM then add 5-10lbs the next session. Edited by Anonymous

Monday 5.25.09

DB Shoulder Press

47's 5RM

Deadlifts

226lbsx20reps

DB Rows

20x40's

Hammer Curls

3x5x21's

Edit: I may have to go beltless DL because I had trouble breathing doing high reps.

Edited by Anonymous

That reminds me. On Sherdog MMA forums conditioning section they have a DL your own bodyweight for reps in 5 minutes challenge. I can't enter the challenge because I'm not a regular poster, but that would be good cardio.

That reminds me. On Sherdog MMA forums conditioning section they have a DL your own bodyweight for reps in 5 minutes challenge. I can't enter the challenge because I'm not a regular poster, but that would be good cardio.

Yep I've done this and it gets tiring. You start off throwing the weight because it's light and you think you can keep doing it forever but it get heavy when you start to fatigue after a couple of minutes. I think the reasoning behind it is for MMA your going to be throwing someone to the ground that is about your size and they go for 5 minutes rounds which is long time so you need to be well conditioned. one of my favorite crossfit workouts is "fight gone bad" it was designed for MMA BJ Penn. I think i've got it in my training log.