- 2x: 10 pushups

- stick/ stick combinations

- knife/ knife combinations

- 2x: 10 pushups

- 2 rounds (1,5 minute/ round) sparring 1 on 1: english boxing

- 20 pushups

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

past thursday (23/07) we had an outdoor training. luckely it stayed dry during whole the evening so we could train from about 20u15 untill 22u15. i try to remember and sum up what we did.

- left/ right straight punch attack vs. free-to-chose defense + counterattack

- various styles of left/ right punches on two short (moving) sticks (the sticks are used as replacements of pads)

- short stick attack vs. short stick defense + counterattack

- short stick attack vs. no weapons defense + counterattack

- knife attack vs. no weapons defense + counterattack (filipine and systema forms)

- short stick attack vs. direct knife counterattack (no defense)

exercises are done in various styles or combinations of styles as what suits the best for defense and/ or attack.

styles used are from various martial arts backgrounds like f.e. krav maga (kapap), systema, win tsung, english/french/ thai boxing, aikido, eskrima and the list goes on.

i decided to put my eating habits also on this log. any comments or suggestions are welcome as to what i eat and when i eat it. i actually have a problem which is my (late) evening cravings. i have dinner between 18u and 19u30. when i had that i start becoming hungry like crazy again at about 19u30 -> 21u. i think i will make a sepparate post of this somewhere else on the forum to get some suggestions about what i can still eat later on the evening because for the past months i must i packed some fat on my belly because i think i eat too much carbs when i eat later on the evening..

this is what i generally eat on a day when i got to work:

meal 1

1 bowl of oatmeal with vanilla flavoured soy milk

1 glass of apple juice

meal 2

1 slice of brown/wheat bread with peanut butter on it

4 whole wheat crackers (25gr)

meal 3

4 slices of brown/wheat bread with anything vegan spread on it

1 piece of fruit (banana, apple, orange, peach)

meal 4

4 slices of brown/wheat bread with anything vegan spread on it

4 whole wheat crackers (25gr)

1 piece of fruit (banana, apple, orange, peach)

meal 5

boiled potatoes with vegetables and a veggie burger

OR

whole wheat pasta/rice with vegetables

meal 6

some almonds and cashew nuts

i drink 2 litres of water a day

nice log. kool seeing somew fighting training. i think it is nice to have your food log in here too.

thanks. i do fight training twice a week. but as for july and august our sports centre is closed so we have to train outdoors. therefor the weather (either it rains or it's too hot - Belgian summer is like that ) has to be good and our trainer has to have time too. it's summer vacation so that's a period were we all go on holiday and not easy to combine our agenda's to train on a regular basis. but i don't mind, a rest period is always good

yeah, the food log i also put here. also for myself to see what i actually eat, because i can eat a whole day through i'm trying to find out what i have to change to my meals to bulk up a bit. i need to pack another 2kg and then train to lose some fat and become dry at 80kg. that's my goal.

still doing 100 pushups a day and that's about it for the past days. i had a little biceps/shoulder training a few days ago and i appeared to be somewhat sore in my underarms. the part between your underarm and your biceps. i don't know what its called in english. well on that spot i was a little bit sore..

this weekend i'm planning on training my biceps and shoulders again, but spread over two days. one day biceps and one day shoulders. the 100 pushups will stay normally.

• 2 weeks later...

08/2009

http://i29.tinypic.com/4kag7m.jpg

i now weigh 78,5 kilos (173,06 lbs) with still too much fat the goal is to weigh 80 kilos (176,37 lbs) with only dry muscle mass.

i give it one year and see next summer what the results are.

i do plan on working good this winter. always my 2 fight trainings a week plus i plan on doing more cardio and do my weight training also on a regular basis. like 2 or 3 times a week.

Edited by Michaël

i'm trying to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time. also pack some more bodyweight. i should lose about 3 to 4 kilos (6,61-8,82 lbs) of fat and gain about the same volume or a little bit more in muscles. it's not gonna be easy. losing fat won't be that hard than gaining muscle. gaining muscle will take more time.

oui je parle un peu de francais. je viens de la partie flamande (neerlandaise) de belgique mais j'ai des ami(e)s francophones aussi tu viens de canada je vois. alors tu parles francais et anglais les deux. c'est bien

23/08/2009

- 2,6 km (1,61 miles) jogging

- stretching

- 100 situps

went jogging this morning on a sober stomach. afterwards i had 2 brown bagels (in belgium it's without the whole in the middle) with mashed strawberries mixed with 200g/7,05 oz. of soy yoghurt, 1 banana, 1 glass of apple juice with 1 multivitamin pill and 0,5l/1,10 gallons of water.

23/08/2009

EZ bar curls

10 x 17,5 kg , 10 x 17,5 kg, 10 x 17,5 kg, 10 x 17,5 kg

preacher curls

8 x 10 kg, 8 x 10 kg, 8 x 10 kg, 8 x 10 kg (no rest in between sets)

dumbbell curls

8 x 10 kg, 8 x 10 kg, 8 x 10 kg (no rest in between sets)

+ 100 situps

+ 100 pushups (30 x 30 x 20 x (2x10) on the knuckles) in various positions)

24/08/2009

- 2,6 km (1,61 miles) jogging

- stretching

- 100 situps

did the exact same morning session as yesterday which is: jogging on a sober stomach. afterwards i also had the same meal as yesterday: 2 brown bagels with mashed strawberries mixed with 250g/7,05 oz. of soy yoghurt, 1 banana, 1 glass of apple juice with 1 multivitamin pill and 0,5l/1,10 gallons of water.

24/08/2009

yesterday i was watching some training vids of various fighters. via via i came across a video named "Dumbbell Shoulder Strength Endurance Complex".

this afternoon i gave it a try and it's not a bad training. i think about doing this once a week from now on.

it consists of 8 exercices, each one 10 reps.

1. side raises

2. bent over flies

3. arnold press

4. underhand rows

5. 90° side raises + rotation

6. overhand rows

7. pushup-plus

8. front raises

it did this cycle 2 times with 10-15 secs. rest in between each exercice. my dumbells weighted 6kg/13,23lbs.

exercice 5 was hard to do. reps 8 to 10 were pretty shaky

afterwards i did another 100 situps.