BunnyLump's "ROAR" Log

Hello, I shall start with a brief introduction:

I am just getting back into weightlifting after a 2 year hiatus, except this time I am giving it my all. I've been training for about 3 months now and I'm increasing the intensity because I feel like I am some sort of unstoppable veggie-powered machine with tons of energy.

My goals include:

- Shedding 7-10lbs of "extra baggage"

- Benching 100lbs

- Doing pull-ups like it's a walk in the park

- Having awesome biceps

- Be a positive example of a healthy, strong, vegan

- Looking like I can beat some serious ass

This is me as of last night:

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/1500/photo102t.jpg

Okay, it's not much, but I am proud.

As of two days ago I have decided I can't gain muscle on a mere 30-40 grams of protein and Sour Patch Kids, so now I am aiming for 90-130 grams of protein and about 1600-1800 calories. I go to the gym 6 days a week and I feel my body can handle it. If I don't feel well or energized I back off and let myself rest.

I am using this log/blog to record my progress as wells as keep track of my food and workout schedule.

Here we go!

Yesterday:

I need to log my reps per sets, hopefully the desire to post them with help with this. For today I will just post the weight I did, I usually do 3 sets.

Legs:

Squats: 45lb (I'm a squat newbie)

Calf raises: Bodyweight + 60lbs

Lunges: Bodyweight + 40lbs

Leg press: 220lbs

Mini Chest Workout

Bench: 57lbs (Did a lot more reps then I usually do but was very shaky)

Dumbbell Bench: 20lb flat weights

**Should I record this as 40lbs since I used 20lb dumbbells??**

Today:

Usually Mondays are rest days since I do my volunteer work at the shelter, but I felt some light exercise would be acceptable since I took off Saturday (I pigged out on Saturday for the record).

20 minutes elliptical at light-moderate pace.

Food:

Cheerios + Soymilk

Almonds

Boca Chick'n salad (boca chick'n burger, romaine lettuce, dill, parsley, tomatoes, cucumber)

Rice protein shake

Oatmeal + Strawberry soy protein powder

Kashi cereal

Popcorn (I looooove popcorn and cannot resist its deliciousness+ it has 8g protein per 1/2cup unpopped so I don't feel too bad)

2 cans diet soda

Calories: 1640 Protein: 85g

Thanks guys, I NEED encouragement/feedback I don't have anyone that cares about my workout or has any respect for my vegan/animal rights views so hopefully hearing from others I can relate to will give me extra motivation.

p.s. is that your rat in your avatar?? I rats! I used to have them as pets... they are so sweet!

Yes, I care for 4 beautiful girls. Rats are awesome!

Today:

Rather productive today didn't have time to go to the gym till the evening since I cooked dinner for my family (I just graduated college and I am back living with my parents till I find a job). I am a horrible cook but I enjoy cooking for the family and take pleasure in knowing my family gets one vegan meal a week. They are beginning to realize that vegan food tastes good.

I was drained by gym time and did horrible today. Biceps are my weakest point and I have made very little progress (if any) in the 3 months I've been weight lifting.

Tricep Extension:

30x13

30x11

35x4

Dip Machine:

100x11

100x10

100x6

Rope Pushdown:

45x10

45x8

45x6

Bar Pushdown:

50x7

50x6

45x8

Curl Machine:

35x8

35x5

30x10

Curls:

15x??

15x7left 15x6right

15x6left 15x6right

I did horrible tonight and I know it was probably a combination of it being late and my stomach still being full from dinner, but I usually have "bad" bicep days. I wonder if I am ever going to get to be where I want.. I just feel weak.

Food: Ate about 1600-1800 calories and 55grams protein

EDIT: Sorry for being such a bummer, a lot of scary changes are coming my way and I guess it's really getting to me lately.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from seeing my boyfriend off to grad school and his new apartment, 3 1/2 hour drive from me. : ( Hopefully I can find a job near him so we can at least see each other once and awhile. I guess this was a good end to a 4 year relationship.

Managed to gain 5lbs this week while away, by not working out, eating sugary crap foods all day (I probably ate 5,000+ calories a day).

It's amazing how tired I am, food really plays an important role in how you feel.

Back to the gym tomorrow. Hopefully some healthy foods will make me come alive again.

Thanks guys, I NEED encouragement/feedback I don't have anyone that cares about my workout or has any respect for my vegan/animal rights views so hopefully hearing from others I can relate to will give me extra motivation.

You got some right here; i'm in your corner and also i'm not sure wherre those 7 lbs you speak of are going to come off from. You look great!

Keep rockin on girl and I love what you're doing