Addai's Log!

Addai

I am keeping a pencil and paper log, so I'm not too sure how much I'll keep up here, but for the sake of conformity I felt the need.

Right now I'm 5'8" 120 lbs, formerly a pretty hardcore runner, then got into swimming and biking, did a triathlon, all that good stuff and now I'm trying to really add some mass. I'm doing an upper/lower split, hitting the gym every other day.

My latest upper body day was looking like this:

Dumbbell press: 40 (x10x10x10x8)

Barbell Row:120 (x10x10x10x10)

Shoulder Press: 20 (x12x10x8)

Tricep Pushdown: 82.5 (x10x12x10)

Bicep Curls: 25 (x12x10x10)

Inclined Weighted Crunches: 25 (x20x20x20); 10 (x20x20x20)

Oh, and I will say the tricep pushdown machine I use is a big 82 pounds with how the pulleys work. I have to belt myself in.

I'm going to be doing a 10 minute cardio warmup and 20 minute cardio post-workout soon enough. And do some more cardio on my rest days, probably get in some swimming in the winter as well. But getting back to the gym I've just been way too sore until I get used to it again, and my cardio is good enough as is, plus I really havn't an ounce of body fat I need to get rid of.

And what I've been doing for lower body days has been:

Squat: 160 (x10x10x10x10)

Stiff leg/straight back: 120 (x10x10x10x10)

Lunges: 100 (x20x20x20x20)

Calf Raise Machine: 160 (x15x15x15x15)

Inclined Weighted Crunches: 25 (x20x20x20); 10 (x20x20x20)

Oh, and the reason I listed out the reps is:

a.) I don't know what I'm doing.

b.) It's helpful for me because I only increase weight once I've reached the targeted number of reps over the number of sets I do for an exercise, and with things that I get stuck on for a while it's nice to see in my log that I added one rep onto my last two sets each time I've done them.

Edited by Addai

Oh, and the reason I listed out the reps is:

a.) I don't know what I'm doing.

b.) It's helpful for me because I only increase weight once I've reached the targeted number of reps over the number of sets I do for an exercise, and with things that I get stuck on for a while it's nice to see in my log that I added one rep onto my last two sets each time I've done them.

a) Look like you know what you're doing to me.

b) That's definitely the right way to do it, same way I do as well.

Log looks good man, solid work keep it up!

Looks like you've got some nice workouts going on there.

You're Strong for your size and body type!

Good luck adding some size (Although I don't even pretend to understand you hard gainer types, )

Thank you!

And as for being a hard gainer, I just have the skinny shit gene. Be thankful you don't.