Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 385 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 26  Next
 Post subject: Re: Jason's getting big log
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:13 am 
Gorilla

so, you'll all disapprove, but I skipped the gym this morning. Didn't sleep for shit (when, on a good night I get 6 hours of sleep). Just tossed and turned and didn't sleep much. Figured it was better to at least try to sleep those last 2 hours than getting up early for the gym.

Friday it's game on. Besides, rugby practice tonight.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:58 am 
Stegosaurus

Actually I approve. I've done that before. Your body needs rest.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:31 pm 
Stegosaurus

I agree on the rest. recovery is when you actually get stronger not when your training.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:26 pm 
Gorilla

So, I've been kinda being hindered by a strange sensation in a very specific area, but it hadn't occured to me until today that I'm dealing with a mild groin pull! Awesome! THAT'S why sprinting has been pretty uncomfortable for the few practices! I didn't just lose a step! Good to know. Stretch and rest.

Is it safe to lift tomorrow? How do I ice a groin without freezing my balls off? (Did I strain A groin, or MY groin? How many do I have?)

good times.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:54 am 
Gorilla

Fuck a sore groin! Get tough!

Squat. 200lbs x 16 reps.
Bench. 135 x 9
Calf raises. 600 x 20 (!)
Leg press. 600 x 14 (!!!)
Tri pullover. 65 x 10.
Leg extension. 210 x 10
Leg curl. 170 x 9.
Deadlift. 205 x 10. (My grip gives out on my left hand! Sucks!)
Clean/press. 105 x 9
Shrug. 205 x 10 (same. Grip.)
Lat pulldowns. 130 x 12.
Barbell curls. 80 x 10.
Skull crushers. 60 x 9
Machine flys. 130 x 11
Barbell rows. 105 x 10.

Plus a rugby practice on wed. Tackle drills. The captain and I showed up early and did a quick sprint workout. Good times.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:56 pm 
Elephant

Jason X wrote:
Fuck a sore groin!

you rock!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:32 pm 
Gorilla

Hey! Thanks! I appreciate you, and the others (chewy, mary and lobster mostly) keeping tabs on me! It helps!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:00 pm 
Stegosaurus

Yeah, I really like our little "support group" on here. Sometimes when I think about bailing on a workout I say "what would mary/chewy/jason/whoever say..."

That being said, great workouts and I hope your groin is better!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:14 pm 
Manatee

Hey Jason. Thanks for all your help with the bike. I'm really loving it despite my falls! Never thought I'd be typing this phrase, but I hope your groin feels better soon. I've pulled a groin muscle a few times when I was doing sprints and I can relate. They suck! as I'm sure you know. Good luck with the whole icing issue :wink: In all seriousness, hope you're back in the game quickly. Take care.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:43 am 
Gorilla

Yesterday I ran 7 miles. Took an hour and ten minutes.

Then, a few hours ater a friend and I went bouldering for an hour and a half. My hands show it. 3 ripped off callouses and a few new blisters.

I hurt today.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:34 am 
Stegosaurus

Hardcore!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:49 pm 
Gorilla

today i didn't go to the gym. I've been sore as all get out!

anyhow, today didn't help. showed up early for rugby practice. Ran a few sprint drills (not all out though, trying to rest the groin a bit. it's feeling better) then ran tackle drills all day. It was fun, and hitting people rules. Hit some guy hard enough to draw applause from the coach. that's always fun. It's nice to be the one to get used as an example when it's for something you did right!

tonight I'm going to sleep at my wifes house, and therefore run the 4 miles to work in the morning. commute by running shoes. Lets hope I can make that kind of a trend.

oh, and thanks Barb, and lobster.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:45 am 
Gorilla

Run to work a success! Easy stuff. Drove to work last night and left clothes and food in may car for today. Wife works across the street so I met her over there and rode to her house with her. Awesome! Now I have 8 hours to decide if I want to run home and then to school after work today or to drive. Decisions, decisions.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:59 pm 
Stegosaurus

jason - i love the toughness brother!! I always say to HTFU!! - Harden the F up to people at my gym!! lol!! Seriously though I am thrilled to be a part of the
'vbbf workout support program!"

love all you guys!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:04 pm 
Gorilla

So, about hardening up...

Skipped the gym on monday, then again yesterday (cause I'm tired and sore and I can't do half the exercises I want to with my hands the way they are! -htfu THAT!) that said, I haven't exactly been slackin'. just not liftin.

Rugby practice again last night. more sprint drills with the captain (just us...again.) I want to try to be the strength and conditioning coach next season. I can see where people are lacking...

Anyhow, lots of hitting, and plays. Coach had me learn how to play outside center (which rules. easily my favorite position).

BUT, first drill of practice was hitting. captain tackled me and he drove his bony ass elbow into my thigh with the ground! hurt REAL bad. Made it through practice and beyond. Groin is also still acting up. I'm resigned to it being there all season. I'll deal.

So yeah. lots of that.

Today I met with a teammate and ran more drills.

Tomorrow at 7:30 am I leave for St Louis for my first rugby tournament. I'm hoping it goes well and I'm put in the game(s). I'll report as I can through the weekend.

I'm excited. Time to pack!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 385 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 26  Next