Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 385 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 26  Next
 Post subject: Re: Jason's getting big log
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:26 am 
Stegosaurus

GOOD LUCK AND CAN'T WAIT 2 HEAR ABOUT THE RUGBY TOURNEY

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:06 am 
Gorilla

Awesome, Jason. I'm glad you're having such a great time with rugby. It's such a wonderful sport. Good luck at your tourney. Let me know what other clubs you played.

"Kill! Kill! Multiply! 'Til the skies are black and the rivers dry!"
-Atreyu

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:17 pm 
Elephant

Me too, sending you good luck wishes from here! Hope you're having fun!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:14 pm 
Gorilla

Quick mobile update. That was amazing. Beyong amazing, but super duper. I'm a little sore, but not too tired.20 minutes halfs. We played (and lost) 3 games. I earned a starting wing spot off the get go. Ended up playing all of every game. So much fun.

No tries though. Closest I got was just inside the 22. I'm fine with that. Made a couple good hits. Took a few. The hardest one came from a teammate, though. Wrapped up and spun a guy perfectly for me to be in the fine of fire. Oops.

That was long for a phone update. I'm thrilled.

We played a team from st louis called the hornets (who were really good) I know other names, but not cities, so I doubt it would help. Sunday morning rugby clob, and some team I can't remember the name of.

More later, probably.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:10 pm 
Stegosaurus

sounds like your having a great time!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:59 am 
Stegosaurus

Can't wait to hear more!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:21 pm 
Gorilla

Hey all. I haven't really been slacking, but I haven't been in the gym. Haven't been on a distance run since 2 weekends ago, and haven't been in the gym since the friday before. I'm just too tired! Rugby and school is taking it outta me.

But, I'm bringing my slosh tube and 70lb duffel bag to practice for some strength and conditioning before practice, then probably more hitting and running after that.

Mondays practice was mostly rucking drills, and I was making sire to be involved. Did lots of hitting and driving people. I really like this game a lot!

Anynow, I don't know what I should say about the games in st louis. Seems like I missed the boat on that one.

But I'm trying to get back in the groove of lifting. Lord knows I could use it! (Traditional lifting or otherwise, I'd accept either!)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:22 pm 
Gorilla

well, practice was going well, then i decided to try to beat the whole other defensive side of the team on the outside of the pitch and totally FUCKED my right quad. I don't know what happened. I dont think it's torn, i think it's just a bad pull. I couldn't put much weight on it (aside from walking and a VERY light jog. absolutely can't run or squat or anything). I sat out the rest of the practice after that. I'm very pissed about it.

BUT, the slosh tube was fun. less than half the people that tried successfully used it. people were into it, because it seems like it would be easy, but it is really goddamn hard!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:26 pm 
Stegosaurus

Hope your quad heals up soon.

I had to look up what a slosh tube is...looks like fun!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:36 am 
Elephant

Hey man just dropping in. I've been reading your log frequently but haven't had much time to post. Glad your enjoying the rugby!

Injuries suck but you'll be back on track soon man.

Stay strong!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:04 am 
Gorilla

Thanks folks. I appreciate that.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:48 pm 
Stegosaurus

good luck with that quad.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:41 pm 
Elephant

How's it feeling now?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:13 am 
Gorilla

update today (yesterday? saturday.) rugby tournament day one did not go so well for the team, or for me. We lost all 3 games again today. I played about 5 minutes into the second half (and the first half) of the first game and literally 2 minutes of the second game. Not at all in the 3rd. I can't run. Makes me pretty useless (especially when I get put in at Fullback. I don't like that position much!!)

Most of our team got sick last weekend in St Louis. I didn't get sick, but I'm a walking wounded, along with the captain (who has a fractured rib).

I have another game at 9am (which means I should be sleeping).

Anyhow, quad stuff. I showed up with my right quad tapes pretty tight. that felt ok for a bit, but then my left quad starting fucking with me (we think it's just REALLY tight, not pulled). I put a lot of biofreeze on it and then our massage student teammate really laid into it. I just about passed out from pain. ugh. I hate massages.

Anyhow, I'm hoping that i can tape it well enough to play on it tomorrow. We need guys. As it is we had tons of people whoring on. (the last game, only our halfbacks were actually teammates. We had tons of support. Two guys came and played for us from the other team!! and some 16 year old high school kid came and ROCKED it at fullback. Kids have no fear. I am very jealous.)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:21 am 
Gorilla

Well, same old same old. quad still bugging me, but it's getting better. Just hoping it's better by this saturdays game. I am just a bucket of minor injuries, it seems. It sucks. First my groin, then my quads, now my left foot has something wrong with it. it's workable, but it doesn't feel good! shitty me! I'm just taking it easy for the next few days and trying to get back up to 100%. I am happy with my speed when it's there, and the power is coming around, I'm just not as mobile as I could be.

The game on sunday didn't happen. I was set to play, but th eother team didn't show (forfeit), so we played a 10's scrimmage game against a composite team and got killed since we didn't really have our heads in it. That's ok with me, but it was a terrible showing and the coach came down on us hard last night. I got yelled at a couple times. twice, I think. I dunno.

Time to go to work.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 385 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 26  Next