SeaSiren Back on Track

OK I think I am finally back on track again! For those who didn't know my sister (and only sibling) had a massive stroke several weeks ago at the age of 39 and I have been tied up with family, my business and other matters. I was working out but it was very hap-hazzard and needing some serious organisation to it.

Yesterday:

30min interval training treadmill

Today:

B-coffee lite soy, grapefruit

S-handful of raw cashews

L-raw tortilla, baby carrots, green tea

S-strawberries

(I'll post later with lifting results from today and rest of meals)

I have completed my workout and the weight was just sad, so I'm not posting weight today

Calves -seated raises 3 sets of 25

Leg Extentions -warm up set of 50, 2 working sets of 10

Squats -3 sets of 10

S-(right after workout) protein shake with flax oil, and creatine mono in 5oz warm water.

D-(planned) large raw spinach salad

S -1 hour before bed protein shake

Whoop! You're back into it! Feels good to have a new committment, doesn't it? I'm feeling it now...Not only in my triceps, but now I'm feeling the heat to improve. After those sorry pics of my arm, I just have to post an improvement eventually, lol.

Your food intake looks low! I couldn't go half a day on that Do those shakes have a lot of calories?

What's the creatine doing for you? I used to take it, but I took a liquid for running.

So how are you? working out is such a great stress reliever. I don't know what I'd be doing if I didn't have it. I know for sure I wouldn't be sleeping.

Whoop! You're back into it! Feels good to have a new committment, doesn't it? I'm feeling it now...Not only in my triceps, but now I'm feeling the heat to improve. After those sorry pics of my arm, I just have to post an improvement eventually, lol.

I have been working out, but having a schedule is soooo much preferable!

Your food intake looks low! I couldn't go half a day on that Do those shakes have a lot of calories?

The shakes including the Flax oil are 310 calories, I mix them with lite soy Since going high raw I have been able to function much better and don't need a lot of calories. I'm not sure now, maybe more "usable" calories. I saw somewhere that you can function well on 100 calories per lb of your goal bodyweight if you do not exercise. If you do exercise depending on the level you will need an extra 200-1500 calories. So on a day of exercise I shoot for 1500-1600 calories. Off days are 1200 calorie days.

What's the creatine doing for you? I used to take it, but I took a liquid for running.

I have heard a few schools of thoughts on this one. I have heard it is a cell volumizer, causing water to flood the muscle tissue. Another I have heard that it can resynthesize ATP in the body. I have just began to use this, so time will tell how I feel on it and the results I will receive.

So how are you? working out is such a great stress reliever. I don't know what I'd be doing if I didn't have it. I know for sure I wouldn't be sleeping.
I am doing well. Lifting is a great way to relieve stress, and now with a scedule, I don't have to "think" about it anymore. I just have to "do" it!

I forgot to mention cardio days are also ab days.

Cardio 30 min interval training

abs

B-coffee w/lite soy

S- none was supposed to be a banana but my daughter found it in route to my other daughters orthidontist appointment and ate it. $1500 down payment on braces, I felt I need to go lay down for a few days after handing over that much money at one time.

L -forgot to bring any food, but found a vegan burrito (Amy's) in the freezer at work.

S-raw cashews, green tea

D-grabbed on of the girls mini refried bean tacos because I was hungry then finally made a raw stuffed portebello mushroom (stuffed with avacado, sweet onions and tomatoes with braggs), water.

S -herbal tea, organic orange, organic red wine.

Not an entirely healthy day today, but I have food prepared to carry with me tomorrow, let's hope I don't forget it!

I sooo need to get my food pre-prepared. I will work on a menu so it'll be ready for me and the girls from now on.

Looks like you are just doing it . What do you do for abs? I despise ab work more than weights! lol. I work them as I run and in Hapkido; so it's not really bad unless my diet gets out of order.

Yea, prep will help. when I was cooking for myself and my dad, I would prep a lot of food on the weekends and freeze it; this way he could have food all week ready to go. That's great you're feeding your children more raw

Keep up your spirits!

Workout:

Lat Raises - 30 rep warm-up, 2 working sets of 10 (1 arm at a time)

Dumbell Shoulder Press - 2 working sets of 10

Tricep Push downs -2 working sets of 20

1-1/2 organic red grapefruit, coffee w/lite soy

2-banana, raw cashews

4-organic apple

5-post workout, creatine in 5 ozs water & protein shake with flax oil, I mixed protein shake wath water this time instead of soy milk. The one I had the other day was too heavy and didn't sit well. Tasted much better with water!

6-large spinach salad

7-protein shake 1 hour before bed

March 2nd

Cardio 30 min interval training

abs

March 3rd

Pulldowns warm up set of 30, 2 working sets of 10

Dead Lifts 3 sets of 8

Preacher Curls 2 sets of 20

B-coffee w/lite soy, banana

S-raw cashews

L-large spinach salad with other raw veggies

S-creatine in 5oz water, protein shake with flax oil (post workout)

D-veggie chili

S-organic red wine

March 4th -Rest Day

Week 1 down on this routine. I'm sore which I equate to a good thing. No weight loss this week, but I feel good.

What do you do for abs?

Oh this is going to be a really bad description since I don't know the name of the exercises but here it goes:

25 standard crunches

25 - lower lifts (laying on your back raise your legs heels toward the ceiling and lift your hips off the floor, pressing your heels toward the ceiling)

25 twisting crunches right side (laying on your back put one foot falt on the floor, cross the other leg across your knee begin the crunch and twist your elbow toward the crossed knee)

25 twisiting crunches left side

25 oblique crunches right side (laying on your back roll your lowr half to the side so your left hip is touching the floor and your rgiht hip is toward the ceiling, lift your upper half off the floor pressing toward the ceiling).

25 oblique crunches left side

25 crunches with your legs raised.

Then stretching.

Good to see you back on track, great routine/diet LOL ROBBIEx

Thank-you!

I love the routine also, some extremely knowledgeble and very hot (I might add) bodybuilder helped me out with it.

I don't recall helping you with it.

Oh, sorry, I just saw the "hot" part of that statement. It is the only part that applies to me.......I guess it must have been someone else

Glad it is working well for you.....being back on track is always great to hear!

-Rob

Ah...Robert....I can see the confusion

Will not have time to work out on Friday, so bumping my workout up a day this week.

Today:

Calves -seated raises 3 sets of 25

Leg Extentions -warm up set of 50, 2 working sets of 10

Squats -3 sets of 10

My legs are still really sore from deadlifting. Which is interesting because it always effected my lower back but the back of my thighs are screaming! Not complaining....it's a good hurt.

B- coffee lite soy

S -banana , green tea

L- ww mini bagel w/vegan cheese & vegan turkey w/2slices organic tomato, water (for some reason I was craving the vegan turkey slices today)

S-(right after workout) protein shake with flax oil, and creatine mono in 5oz warm water.

D-(planned) large raw spinach salad (with other various raw veggies), water

S -1 hour before bed protein shake

I have a photo shoot for my site tomorrow and totally forgot to back off the salt today!!! *sigh* now I'm going to be all bloaty

If I eat raw most of tomorrow, it might help some before the evening shoot.

Well it was a matter of time I suppose, my body finally gave out on me...stress maybe? I started getting sick last evening, it should of clued me in a bit when I was training on the treadmill and kept getting really dizzy and started to not feel right. I just drank some more water and pushed my self through. When I was finished I was so shaky I could hardly stand up at all. Had to cancel my shoot (which had already been rescheduled)...there was just no way it was going to happen. By morning I had one heck of a migraine headache. The can't stand light room spinning intense pain kind. Since I haven't had one of these in over a year (possibly two) I had no meds to help.

After about 8 advil and some Dayquil (not all at once), I was able to get in to work. It finally occured to me as I was laying there thinking death may be an option (jk) that EVERYTHING was at a standstill. No one could pick up the shipping, invoicing, billing etc, becasue I was the ONLY person who could use the programs...I never taught anyone else how to do it. I was not ALLOWED to get sick! So much of keeping things running smooth totally relies on me and this has to stop. I have absolutely NO safety net. If I get sick everything would shut down, like it did this morning.

Anyway I'm done my rant...on my list to do within the next two weeks:

Hire a Cleaning Person

Hire a Teacher for my girls

Hire another person to come in to work

TEACH at least two trustworthy existing employees to work the software systems and actually LET them do it!

I have moved out of the owner and operator mode and need to move into executive management mode. I need to manage and not DO or I will not be able to allow the company to grow. If I continue to push myself this hard my body isn't going to continue letting me and I will end up with health issues.

SO:

I did workout last eve:

30min Treadmill Interval Training

Abs

I am resting today and will pick up where I left off last tomorrow.

Today:

Workout:

Lat Raises - 30 rep warm-up, 2 working sets of 10 (1 arm at a time)

Dumbell Shoulder Press - 2 working sets of 10

Tricep Push downs -2 working sets of 20

1-coffee w/lite soy

2-banana, water

3-large raw veggie salad, water

4-post workout, creatine in 5 ozs water & protein shake with flax oil.

5-protein shake 1 hour before bed

• 2 weeks later...