Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 332 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next
 Post subject: LnG's RawVeganBodybuilder Video Blog; CONTEST TOMORROW
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:10 pm 
Elephant

***note: 'throw some d's' was on loop and played 4x in the creation of this vlog' ***

Okay, as per requested by RC.... you wit me?, I am creating a new blog specifically for the competition to generate increased interest in what we're doing. The big 3 going up on stage to support veganism and show the world how it's done as a vegan.

I didn't even know there was such a thing as an 'ethical' vegan when i made the switch from omni to vegan; I simply felt it was the best way to maximize my athletic potential. In these next 12 weeks, you're going to see how we all transform from regular vegan compadres to vegan superheros, all for the sake of spreading the message. Because, being ethical comes with the territory and know that i'm in the know, I wish to make the most out of informing others who are unaware of the cruel and torturous things that go on with the meat and dairy industry and how it's destroying our planet. GO VEGAN!

This is a video blog, i may post in between videos from time to time but i will try to shoot as many vlogs as possible as i feel it is realistic and the best way to get the message across.

As far as i go, I trained hard in 08 for the first half of the year and got my out of shape back to par with the lean body mass it once had, thank goodness for muscle memory and PUMPING IRON >:) June 08, i injured my shoulder (rotator cuff impingement) and also made arrangements to drive cross country and reside in Portland, OR (i'm here now!). I also drove with my gf 'thendanisays' LOVE YOU; and we were dating long distance before that traveling 230 miles, 6 hours, every weekend to see each other. SO, what I am saying is that the second half of 08 was somewhat of a 'wash', with no read hardcore training or commitment; life was too busy and other stuff took priority.

Up to speed. January 09; Resumed training; Robert and Octopussior proposed the idea of competing together to spread the word about a cruelty free, vegan based lifestyle and really make an impact on the athletic world with the means of bodybuilding as a vessel! I am ON BOARD BUDDAY!

Been training hardcore, last 2 weeks have been spent engaging myself into it. My shoulder is still not healed but i'm able to train, just have to watch it and avoid certain lifts.

While I feel like the presumed underdog amongst RC and Octo, as i'm clearly the most behind in training and size; i'm lean, mean, I have alot of muscle memory in the log and I will show this forum and all informed, just how easy it is to completely transform your body in only 12 weeks, even if you're at somewhat of a beginner/starting point. You can still make tremendous progress, ESPECIALLY with a clean vegan lifestyle, place and put pressure on others who place with you. In other words, eyez on the prize and nothing less. There is a misconception that you need to be training for years and blah blah blah to put yourself out there and make an impact on the judges and crowd. NOT the case; and i'm here to prove it.

Here is the 5th video.... (For prior ones, simply look in my video log and you'll see them all there.) This is a quickie, my return to Portland from a trip for personal reasons. How everyone called me 'thin' and 'skinny' since the last time they saw me; with the exception of a few who said i looked ripped and ok. Eye opening trip which made it apparent that I should be eating MASSIVE amounts of food right now for as bit before i decide to even monitor calories. Heavy bulking time; did I mention that I'm a raw foodist as well???? :D

Joelk wrote:
But as long as people stay away from our cooler bags with our meals and not ask silly questions, we're all pretty tame

Last edited by Lean and Green on Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:45 am, edited 28 times in total.

Post subject: Re: LnG's RawVeganBodybuilder Video Blog; (12 weeks out)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:41 pm 
Rabbit

Good luck with your new job!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:51 pm 
Stegosaurus

All right!
Power to the Vegan People, especially raw!

Happiness is a personal choice!
I am the sole source of all my sadness and joy.

"The logic of worldly success rests on a
fallacy: the strange error that our perfection
depends on the thoughts and
opinions and applause of other men."
Source: Thomas Merton

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:40 pm 
Manatee

You are amazing! Keep up the great work!!!! I'm rooting for you. :D

Oh....I loved the people in the background trying to get on camera. LOL

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:01 am 
Elephant

Heck yea VeganJoe, that's what i'm talkingabout.

EmilyRobin, the new job, ahhhhhck, the worst ever, I am so over it. Thank you for your well wishes though but I couldn't remain there; it's a terrible environment. Enough so, that I cancelled my membership as well and signed up to train at a different gym. I'll explain a bit later.

Amy. Thank You!!!!! Remember what you told me not too long ago, that you were going to start going to the gym religiously and use it as a means. I'm holding you to that! DO IT :D

This ones a doosey; tune in, it's worth it >:-)

Vlog Entry #5 Is LnG going to cut his hair?!? / Bulking / Sprouting

Joelk wrote:
But as long as people stay away from our cooler bags with our meals and not ask silly questions, we're all pretty tame

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:41 am 
Mastodon

dang son, you're jacked

335 Squat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:32 pm 
Elephant

YES!
I love your attitude about this "project" and I really love the new hair. You look damn good and I bet Dani is happy right now.
I'm def gonna follow this vlog.
SIKE SIKE SIKE DUUUUUDE

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:57 pm 
Site Admin

Great workout today dude! I appreciate all the spots...they were exactly how I needed them to be!

So.....you calling me malicious because I wanted to challenge you to step up and bring out the best in yourself? If so....I'll take it......whatever it takes to get us to turn it up a notch and take it to the next level....I'm ready for it.

We've got a touch road ahead and a short time to travel that road but the journey will be incredibly rewarding, that is one thing I am certain of and it will no doubt be a great display of personal development on both of our parts and on the part of our other teammate, Jimi Sitko.

I'll catch you later man, get back to eating.

RC - Wit u

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:18 pm 
Stegosaurus

I've been growing my hair for 17 months, since my son cut it all off when he left back for Iraq (is in states right know). I told him he could cut my ponytail when he gets out of the Army. I felt at home here with some long haired vegans (guys). But if you have to cut your hair to get to the next level,so be it. To bad you didn't get it on tape. Maybe whe you do your underarms and body. LOL
I hope you blast em all. I gonna have to get my checkbook and send off a couple of buck. I'll PM you when I do, so you can check with Robert, so he doesn't spend it all on his next permanent, or hair cut. LOL
You guys are gonna inspire me to go pick a fight with gravity.
Muscle up!

Happiness is a personal choice!
I am the sole source of all my sadness and joy.

"The logic of worldly success rests on a
fallacy: the strange error that our perfection
depends on the thoughts and
opinions and applause of other men."
Source: Thomas Merton

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:29 pm 
Manatee

Vegan Bodybuilders with short hair are SEXY!!!!!! :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:04 pm 
Site Admin

Vegan Joe...You are awesome man!

Amy - I take offense to your comment ;)

Oh yeah....this is Lean and Green's Blog.......ummmm, think quickly......."yeah buddy?" Just purchased a luxury vehicle? ........

See you later on tonight, and back in the gym tomorrow!

Let's make it happen man! 12 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:52 pm 
Manatee

L&G,

Looking HOT and Sexy with the short hair!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:07 pm 
Mastodon

I told you the short hair was a good idea, the ladies dig it. You have to keep your options open.

right dani?

335 Squat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:37 am 
Site Admin

L.E.G.S. !!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:29 pm 
Elephant

new vid below ;)

Zack.. patronize me all you want..... ; oh and thanks for the hair comment.

xjohanx.... i still love the way you spell SIKED; haven't forgotten! Thanks for your support my friend. We're going to make a HUGE presence out there. Progress is unfurling SUPER QUICK right now.

RC it is funny thinking of you as malicious as you're the exact opposite. I'll trash talk, step up! :boxer: Hope we get to train together today if our schedules coincide

Vegan Joe; that's sick. What an great thing to do for him. Thank you for your contributions and always kind and encouraging words. Oh and don't worry bout RC spending it all on a hair cut once he loses.... I will be responsible for buzzing it RIGHT OFF! >:-) Don't worry; we'll catch some good footage going forward. I won't let the world miss out on RC getting his PT chopped off.....

Thanks Amy and Harley! I still miss my long hair but I show no fear; and now i have nothing to lose while RC is going DOWN >:-)

There's been a delay with uploading; i have to fix a couple of things with my connection. Sorry for the delay; these vids should be getting posted sooner....

07_Sunwarrior, Eating BIG, Getting Swol (02/01/09)

Joelk wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 332 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next