Ninja Journal Version 5.0

OKAY, and here are my personal bests, so they are in one location for me to remember and update:

personal bests

dumbbell bench press: 30kg (each hand) x 12

incline dumbbell bench press 26kg (each hand) x 12

chin-ups: 15

press ups: 50

lat pull-down (close grip, palms in): 70kg x 10

lat pull-down (wide grip, palms out): 60kg x 8

Upright cable row: 40 x 11

Seated cable row: 50 x 15

Shrugs: 30kg (each hand) x 12

Shoulder Press: 20kg (each hand) x 8

Lateral shoulder raises: 14kg x 9

Leg Press: 120kg x 20

Squats: (just bodyweight) 60

---------

Okay, so I had a hay bale fall on my knee from the top of a loader, which means that I have been off work for the last couple of weeks, and look to be off for at least another week. Also this stopped my training for a while, though now it doesn't hurt so much to do upper body stuff. Pissed off because I'm not earning money, and because my diet has suffered due to me being pissed off and sitting around the house all day. So I'm starting up the journal again to chronicle my rise to world dominance.

Goal: Lose excess fat especially around my saggy belly

Means: Lift 5 times a week, cut out crap from diet, get at least 100g of protein per day, eat less carbs in the evening

Any advice or hectoring will be welcomed

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear about your injury. Consider this as a bonus though - if these frustrating few weeks help build up some internal rage, you can unleash that rage in the gym and turn it into rock hard muscle

I'm actually being kinda serious. My brother had a messy breakup last summer and put on like 30 lbs of muscle in 2-3 months, just because the rage gave him the motivation/energy to power through harder workouts than he had ever done before.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, been busy back at work, back into routine, getting up at 6am each day and doing physical work again. My knee still hurts especially when I crouch, but it isn't stopping me from working which is the main thing.

So far, done some good workouts, not as many as I would have liked so far as work has really smashed me after being off for a few weeks.

Diet, I have avoided crap every day apart from one day when I ate biscuits and another day I had a bag of crisps. I am now working on reducing serving size so that I don't get bloated out, I still have a tendency to eat even after I know I don't need any more.

So, gradually getting back to it, hopefully having the routine of work will help me get back to a routine of working out too

• 3 weeks later...

Training is picking up again, hard work though after getting back from the sanctuary, especially with the recent heat wave. Also vegetables are creeping back into my diet, cutting out the junk. Today I had steamed broccoli, sweet potato and mushrooms. Eating oats at work is going alright, it's just so hot right now that I don't feel like eating much, but I am getting light-headed. Need to be constantly drinking.

Album is done and has been sent to the printers. Should hopefully have the finished product in my sex-based hands very soon. I am excited. Working on new website to accompany new album. Here's the artwork for the front cover:

http://www.chrysander.com/hmn_cover.jpg

Okay, I am continuing to eat well, training slipped a bit once more due to tiredness after work. Work is a hard workout as it is... other day had to roll large haylage bales off a trailer for the JCB to pick up. It took 3 of us to shift some of them as they were damp, it was extreme.

Album is being printed now, will get copies in my hands on Tuesday hopefully!!

Also I watched Ninja Assassin yesterday. Nasty film. The dude in that is in great shape, inspired me to try even harder.

http://www.guymoviereview.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Ripped-Rain-in-Ninja-Assassin.jpg

Awright, I found out that there is a gym within walking distance of where I live, only £15 per month. So I went and checked it out, it is small, but it has all the appropriate machines that I would use plus free weights, and also an aerobics room. So I asked if I can use the aerobics room to do martial arts and shadow boxing, and they said yeah! That is a cheap deal, one that is certainly affordable to me! I had been putting off joining a gym again because of fuel costs, time taken to get to and from the gym, and also the expense (normally more like £30 around here). So I should be joining up this week! I am excited, I love the gym, it'll be great to get back to that instead of just doing stuff at home.

What's happening puny humans? So I joined the gym, and got the tedious induction today. My partner El came to see what it would be like, and looks like she will be joining with me. It was great to be back at the gym, really motivated me and now I am back home I can't wait to get back in there. I guess it's those midi-chlorians that get released when you work out or something. As the gym is so close, and my partner will be going with me, I think I will fuck*ng nail it this time and most likely stick with it for a long time. My life is much more together than it's ever been, even more so than when I was at uni (when I got into my best shape). So I am really feeling positive about getting in shape now. May even go twice tomorrow

fifteen bucks little man, put that shit in my hand nong nong nonga nonga nong nong

Thanks dude! Yeah, the hair band cuts down the noise. I don't know why, but this guitar makes a high pitch metallic kind of noise when you mute the strings. I tried a few things, but the hair band cuts that right out, even if it looks a bit sweaty

Okay! I just hit the gym for my first serious gym workout in a long time!

I did:

dumbbell bench press x 3

incline dumbbell bench press x 3

press machine x 4

shrugs x 3

tricep extensions x 3

shoulder raises x 3 (progressively lowering weight, no break inbetween)

tricep pulldown x 5 (progressively lowering weight, no break inbetween)

crunches x 30

Really enjoyed it, my arms are real tired now. I worked hard, but didn't push myself to the maximum, since I know how that can end up when getting back to serious training.

I will be going again this evening hopefully, to do a bunch of cardio. Now drinking a protein shake and having an ice lolly, it is hot.

Bye!

Thanks dude! Yeah, the hair band cuts down the noise. I don't know why, but this guitar makes a high pitch metallic kind of noise when you mute the strings. I tried a few things, but the hair band cuts that right out, even if it looks a bit sweaty

Looks like it has a Floyd so that could have something to do with it. Also the fact that the headstock is reverse so the treble tuners are closest could affect it as well... IDK.

Cool, I did go again in the evening on Monday, then I went Tuesday, rested Wednesday, and I just got back from the gym again today which is Thursday, keep up douchebag. I did a whole body workout today, I think I will continue like that. I may start to do something like:

Day 1) Full body weights day

Day 2) Cardio, some light weights

Day 3) Rest

and just keep going in that cycle. I have a two week rota at the sanctuary, so I work every other weekend. The gym isn't open for enough time after I get home to use it then, so on those days I guess I'll have to try and do a bit at home, or maybe treat them as extra rest days. either way I am pumped!

Still have a long way to go, but I feel good, and my diet isn't too bad either. Added in walnuts to my oats each day, and eating more seeds and nuts in with recipes that I make (sesame, sunflower, peanuts, cashews, walnuts) to add more variety of nutrients. Also getting back to a bit more steamed veg like broc and new potatoes especially at the moment. eating pretty low fat, and having one or two protein drinks each day. Not snacking on crap now, definitely not. #

Typically I am having:

6:00 - Vitamins, some nuts, or a sandwich

9:00- oats, walnuts, raisins with water

12:30 - oats, walnuts, raisins with water

17:30 - Main meal, usually something like:

Pasta with stir fried vegetables, seeds and nuts

Steamed vegetables with TVP stuff

vegetable curry with rice

Tofu with stir fried vegetables and noodles

Fake sausage pie with steamed vegetables and mashed potato

17:45 Protein shake

20:00 - 21:00 (roughly) gym

21:15 Protein shake

If I get hungry, I have a handful of nuts or dried fruit generally. Some days at work, instead of the oats I take in left over food from the previous days main meal, and heat it.

Will be taking photos to keep track of things soon hopefully.

Website will also be updated bit by bit, happy with it so far, have a few plans to expand it, should be stuff added each week, new tracks and other humorous things

http://www.heavymetalninja.com

Okay! I am getting bigger, veins coming out again, feeling great. Just got back from the gym, now sipping on protein drink as usual, kickass.

Uploaded another track to the site, more still to come, getting good feedback so far! Really psyched

Yeah I hit the gym again. Was too knackered on Friday to do it after work, one of the few days where I have tapped out to the pain. Glad it is my day off today, I've gone early enough so I should be able to go again tonight and do some cardio. Man I look sexy after my workouts, it's all I can do to stop myself busting a nut in the mirror

EDIT: Yep, hit the gym again at night with my girlfriend, just did cardio for about 30 minutes

Gym again, I am keeping it real bitches. Full body workout, no rest, just one body part to the next. I like this way of working out, but I feel like my body may get too used to it, so I think I am going to try out all kinds of things, different days, do different approaches. I find that break downs really pump me up, but I don't know if they are actually good for you or what, but I might use more of those as well as doing super sets as I am.

Junk food levels are pretty much non-existent until I visit my parents' place and then there is nothing to do, and lots to eat. I need to get a bit more serious when I am out of my comfort zone.