Ted Trendys Training Log. (TRIATHLON)

• 2 weeks later...
What is your race schedule like this season? I am in awe of your training volume!

april 22nd was my first OLY.

april 23rd - may 17th (downtime and recover for upcoming 4 month training block)

may 18th - start 4 month training block, 2 a days six days a week, sunday is either off/yoga/sometimes an extra long bike day.

august 22nd warm up sprint (C race, doing it with 4 new to tri team green members)

sept 18th A race OLY

oct 22nd? B race OLY

April 2nd? 2011 A race, California 70.3 in oceanside.

end of 2011 start of 2012 - Ironman

i have a long ways to go, but i have gone from 210lbs to 190 over the past 5 months. 4 years ago i was almost 300lbs...

Wow, congrats on your progress so far! I'm hoping to do my first OLY this year, either in August or September depending on some work stuff. And hopefully a HIM in 2011 but I am nowhere near that level yet.

thanks, you prob. are almost there, swimming you have to put in the time for, and you can fake the bike, the run is the wall though, no faking that at the end of a TRI.

im doing all this with a full time job, so its possible, just takes some working around....i know when i get to ironman, i will be spent, and honestly i'm doubting because of how hard it is.....but if you put in the training, race day is "easy".

you're so right, the training is the hard part - not the race!

My main problem is swimming. I suck at that. And because I suck I really have to force myself to go to the pool.

I'm moving fairly soon to California (bay area) and once I do I'm going to look into signing up for a masters class, maybe that will motivate me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...