Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: VeganResistance's lifestyle diary.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:32 pm 
Rabbit

Took some measurements yesterday:

Chest - Inflated: 950mm
Deflated: 895
Waist: 795
Hips: 855
Thigh - Right: 535
Left: 535
Triceps - Right: 305
Left: 275
Biceps - Right: 325
Left: 305

I REALLY need to even out my arms!

And these measurements from 6 months ago:

Chest - Inflated: 915mm
Deflated: 867
Waist: 725
Hips: 865
Thigh - Right: 510
Left: 515
Triceps - Right: 265
Left: 251
Biceps - Right: 297
Left: 274

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:24 am 
Gorilla

Seems like you're getting bigger, ha? :wink: Only the hips are smaller, which is good, I assume.
Hm, never thought of taking measurements. I guess it's a good way to monitor your progress. I only look at the scale to see if I gained weight or not.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:07 am 
Rabbit

Yes, getting bigger! Yeah I do wonder if a couple of the measurements are a bit out.

Ran 10.5km today, felt quite light and good :)

Spent the last week working, been busy as, not getting enough sleep, but fitting in random pullups/chinups and pressups, getting a good workout from work too.

Starting work means needing to create new routines....

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:39 am 
Rabbit

Monday I scrubbed a roof all day at work (mmmm asbestos), also up and down staris and ladders all day.
Tuesday I ran 12km, did some sets of pressups, chinups, dips, situps, yoga.
Wednesday, quick morning yoga, more scrubbing, ladders, stairs, and carrying heavy things.
Today more scrubbing, ladders, stairs, carrying heavy things, followed by a good 20 min of intense yoga and some chinups.

Also this evening I sparred with a friend who practices Kung Fu. He has an MMA match on Saturday, is on the verge of going pro. I now have a very sore shin, and am feeling like I've had a couple of really good workouts today.

Looking forward to more scrubbing tomorrow (no wonder my right arm is bigger than my left....) and catching up on sleep this weekend.

Have 10 days off work after tomorrow so will be putting myself back on the Armstrong program during this time, after a couple of days break.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:01 am 
Rabbit

Started back on Armstrong yesterday, but have decided instead that I will do it every second day this time with no two day break.

Day 1: AM pressups (knuckles, of course!): 19-14-11
Ran 5km (22 min - ankle sore from the sparring last week)
PM pullups: 7-5-4-4-3

Also realised that in my journal prior to now I was getting chinups and pullups mixed up.

Been eating averagely as I'm pretty broke right now.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:16 am 
Gorilla

VeganResistance wrote:
Started back on Armstrong yesterday, but have decided instead that I will do it every second day this time with no two day break.

Interesting idea, it occurred to me, too. When I was on Armstrong I felt totally sore during the week and then, during the weekend break I felt too lazy. Maybe it's actually good thing to do! Let us know.
I'm doing this at home right now (except the one arm pull up, that's too advanced for me!)
http://www.fitness-training-at-home.com ... vetraining

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:21 pm 
Rabbit

I have come to the realisation that although I do a bunch of heavy lifting and hard labour at work, it's not enough to advance my strength. This morning my pressups were a familiar 17-14-11. I want to get STRONGER damnit.

Once I return to work I MUST keep up a workout routine.

Looks like a good pullup workout. I usually incorporate straight leg lifts or knee lifts into my chinups/pullups.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:18 am 
Rabbit

I think I was too hard on myself. Actually re-reading my journal here shows that I have actually advanced my strength, just not really by as much as I'd like. Persistence! :)

Day 2: Pullups - 1-2-3-4-5-4

I am rethinking the idea of skipping days and am instead going to alternate between pullups and chinups daily.

Been really tired today, but am off to buy fresh foods this evening, and will get a sleep in tomorrow :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:40 am 
Rabbit

AM:
Knuckle press-ups: 20-17-14

I did the press-ups slightly faster (but still working the negatives) and went down slightly less, I usually do them so my nose hits the floor, but left it about an inch higher this time. It felt better for something to do first thing in the morning :)

PM: Armstrong Day 3:
Pull-up normal grip: 4 Chin-up close grip: 4 Pull-up wide grip: 4 These were all easy, could've added another couple in each except the wide grip.

Feel GOOD today :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:23 am 
Rabbit

Armstrong Day 3:
AM pressups - 21-17-15
6x 5 chin-ups. Could've probably done 8 but had to drive someone to work.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:11 pm 
Rabbit

Yesterday:
AM: Pushups: 21-17-14
PM - Armstrong Day 3: 4-4-4

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:34 pm 
Stegosaurus

what is armstrong?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:27 pm 
Rabbit

http://www.chicagomarineofficer.com/Dow ... orkout.pdf

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:32 am 
Rabbit

Armstrong Day1:
Pullups: 7-5-5-3-3

Am: Pullups, but I forgot how many :/

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:17 am 
Rabbit

Armstrong Day 2: Chinups - 1-2-3-4-5-6-5-3

2 hours sleep. Up for work at 6.
Breakfast was a fruit salad with nuts, seeds, tahini, eaten in the car on the way to work.

Work included pulling 2x100m pairs of ropes up the side of a buildings as fast as I could, pulling and pushing a 102kg guy against a wall (we were abseiling with an overhang so had to use suction cups and pull each other into the wall), and general other laboury stuff.

Lunch was brown rice, hummus, banana, 1 slice of gluten free fruit bread, a samosa and 1/2 a dark chocolate peanut slab.

Dinner was baked falafel and a green salad with hummus (I dumpster dived HEAPS of hummus yesterday)

Drank diluted orange juice throughout the day and had snacks of an apple a prune and a banana.

Feeling good, but really need sleep. Tomorrow I am going on a long run :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next