Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: gsop_3's body transformation workout log
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:49 am 
Elephant

hey buddy. Yea, I def watch you journal to see the progress and say hello ;)

Diet and sleep will get ya. Stick with it friend. 8)

Joelk wrote:
But as long as people stay away from our cooler bags with our meals and not ask silly questions, we're all pretty tame

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:37 am 
Rabbit

Today's W/O:
Usual treadmill run followed by an extra long stretch of the quads, hams, back, neck, glutes, psoas to combat the soreness from Monday's fiasco. Also, diet and sleep have been right on since Monday and it feels great! - Yes, Lesson learned!! :oops:

Squats: 5x5 - 115kg (253 lbs.) {I still upped the weight even though I failed last W/O with 113kg AND I smashed all 5 sets!} :boxer: Felt SOOO AWESOME! I'm sitting here typing totally stoked right now!

Bench: 5x5 - 87kg (191.4 lbs.) This also felt very strong and I completed all 5 with relative ease. Slow down and EXPLODE up with exhale as soon as the bar touched my chest.

BB Rows: 5x5 - 55kg (first time doing these and didn't know where to start - relatively easy. So, I will add 2-3kg per W/O from there)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:23 pm 
Rabbit

Today's W/O was AWESOME! everything was on and great! ...though on a slightly more embarrassing note, I blew out my draws on the squats! OOPPS! thankfully I had boxers on underneath! HAHA! That, and my workout partner had an extra pair of shorts on I could wear...changes pants and finished the W/O.

Usual warm-up - 10 min. treadmill, ten minutes stretching

Squats: 5x5 - 117kg (257.4 lbs.)

OHP: 5x5 - 65kg (143 lbs.)

Dead: 1x5 - 125kg (275lbs.)

Body weight is still at 82.5kg and holding

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:17 am 
Elephant

:lachmal: now that's hardcore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :boxer:

I've had a mishap or two. All part of the process. Wtg and stick with it friend ;)

Joelk wrote:
But as long as people stay away from our cooler bags with our meals and not ask silly questions, we're all pretty tame

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:33 pm 
Rabbit

Lean and Green wrote:
:lachmal: now that's hardcore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :boxer:

Yeah, one thing I didn't mention was that my W/O partner thought the rip was me blowing out my knee or something because the weight tipped on my shoulders - which happened because I almost LOST it trying not to laugh! :lachmal: He was pretty scared for a moment until I got the weight back up.

On another note:Today is a rest day and I've got a horrible headache and sinus congestion. Hoping I can be better for lifting tomorrow. Will spend the day resting and eating.
Looking forward to continuing PRs every W/O! I need to enjoy the progress while it lasts! woohoo! :boxer:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:04 am 
Rabbit

yesterday's W/O:
This marks the last day of the 7th week of my 5x5 program. workouts have been adjusted a day forward or back at times but none have been missed. Feels good to be developing a new habit that is so rewarding!

Monday was NOT a good squat day at first. After the warm-up and stretch, I got under the bar for my usual first set of squats with the usual increase in weight. As I went down, it felt really difficult! Way more difficult that I thought it should be...especially after two days off from squats and plenty of rest and food! I got to the third rep and barely got the weight up. Something wasn't right! I quickly stripped the weight down to 85kg and did a set of 12 and re-racked. That felt MUCH better. I steadily increased the weight back up and got 6 sets total finishing back at the weight I should have been at for all 5 sets of the 5x5 program. Perhaps the weight is getting high enough that I need to start doing lower weight warm-up sets before diving in to the bigger weights...I'll try a couple warm-up sets on Wednesday and see how things go. The rest of the W/O was great and made planned increases in all the weights as follows:

squats:
1x3 - 119kg (262lbs.)
1x12 - 85kg (187lbs.)
1x8 - 95kg (209lbs.)
1x6 - 105kg (231lbs.)
1x5 - 115kg (253lbs.)
1x5 - 119kg (262lbs)

bench:
5x5 - 89 kg (196lbs.) (This has been the diamond in the rough for me. I have always felt weak in the chest area, so it's really encouraging to continue making regular increases and every W/O being a new PR)

BB rows:
3x5 - 65kg (143lbs.) This still feels pretty easy, though I think it's a good weight to build from.

seated leg extensions: (just because)
1x8 - 60kg

pec deck: (just because)
1x10 - 60kg

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:01 am 
Elephant

Wow nice strength!

Just popping in to say hi and keep up the great work!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:30 am 
Rabbit

Hey chewybaws! Thanks for checkin' in! I noticed you've done the stronglift's 5x5 program too! Actually, now that I think of it, your log is the one where I first read about the program. NEways! Thanks again for the encouragement!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:52 am 
Rabbit

Today's W/O: Short on time and focused on squats today. Before warming up I stepped under 85kg and squatted 3 reps with pretty strong pain in my left hip flexor. Then, I proceeded to the treadmill for about 400m and used the "shaker" attachment to loosen up the lower back and legs. Next, was an extra long stretch time - about 15 minutes! Then the work began...8 more sets of squats! nothing else...I'll probably go back to the gym tomorrow. Tonight it's the Chinese New Year and there are constant fireworks going off...they'll keep going all night till about 4am then a break until 6 am upon which they'll start again.

Squats:
1x3 - 85kg (187lbs.)
1x5 - 85kg (187lbs.)
1x5 - 95kg (209lbs.)
1x5 - 105kg (231lbs.)
5x5 - 121kg (266.2lbs - Yea buddy!!) The legs really are capable of some amazing stuff when you tell them to do it! 9 total sets today on squats alone!

The next week I'll be traveling and have no opportunity for weights. I plan to do a lot of stretching, push ups, pull ups and other body weight stuff, but mostly just taking it easy. We'll be going to the Great Wall on Saturday - PLENTY of hiking time! Hope to be able to post a pic or two after we get back! :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:16 pm 
Rabbit

Well, here we are...back from Beijing and the Great Wall

Attachment:
Great Wall.JPG
Great Wall.JPG [ 60.66 KiB | Viewed 1227 times ]

This is the MuTianYu section of the wall. Unfortunately, pictures really don't do it's grandeur much justice. It's really quite an overwhelming site. It was quite a hike up to the top...enough stairs to get the legs burning. The hike down was WAY harder and I got a sharp pain in the side of my right knee and my legs were shaking uncontrollably. Felt AWESOME!
We also had a wheel barrow race on the Wall, did some kungfu :boxer: , hand stands and general goofing off. :zunge:

Attachment:
Me and E.JPG
Me and E.JPG [ 68.84 KiB | Viewed 1227 times ]

Here's me and my youngest daughter Elizabeth on the Wall. She just turned three in January. I had her on my shoulders for a lot of the trip - her favorite ride.
Other than the Great Wall we also went to the Forbidden City, Tian'anmen square, and the Temple of Heaven...quite a bit to pack into 3 day! Next post will be back to my workouts...sorry for the rabbit trail in my log! hope you all enjoy the pics! :)

Last edited by gsop_3 on Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:25 pm 
Rabbit

W/O from yesterday - Wed. Feb. 9th, 2011

Usual warm-up on treadmill for 10 minutes, stretching for 10 minutes, then...

Squats:
1x5 - 90kg (198lbs.)
1x5 - 100kg (220lbs.)
1x5 - 115kg (253lbs.)
5x5 - 123kg (271lbs.)

OHP: These were SUPER HARD today...maybe all of the time my daughter was on my shoulders took it's toll.
1x5 - 67kg
1x4 - 67kg
3x5 - 55kg

Deads:
2x5 - 130kg (286lbs.)

Pull-ups:
3x5 - bodyweight (84kg that morning)

Just wanted to mention that all of these lifts are still without a belt or straps. Hoping to go get a massage today, too! Oh Yeah!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:13 am 
Rabbit

Today's W/O
First, I've not been to the gym in 5 days and I've been feeling anxious. Various circumstances and no excuses.

Today was a bit of a humbling experience on squats. I did the usual warm-up of ten minutes on the treadmill and then stretching for ten. loaded the bar to 95kg and did my first set of 5. The weight was light and the reps felt strong and clean. Next I loaded it with 105kg for 5 reps. Still feeling really good. Next was 115kg for 5 reps which felt easier than the other two. So, at this point I am figuring today is going to be awesome. Loaded the bar to 125kg, got the weight up and stood there for ten seconds and re-racked the weight. It felt SO heavy! After a couple minutes I got back under the bar and started what should have been my first set of 5. I barely got the third rep up and thought I was going to hurl. Racked the weight and decided to try once more after a brief rest. Got under the weight and same thing...almost didn't get the 3rd rep up. Mind you, I don't have a power rack to dump the bar on and no spotter. (still no belt) So, for safety's sake I stopped there for the day and moved on to bench. I needed to redeem myself after that experience on squats. Loaded the bar up to 91kg and cranked out the first set. Now I have a spotter. the next three sets were great. but on the 4th rep of set 5, I lost it. couldn't get past the sticking point. Even though I failed to get all5x5 for today, I felt like I really beat my pecs. I'm looking forward to the next work out with Bench. I concluded the W/O with 3 sets of 5 reps with 67kg on BB Rows.

In summary:

Squats:
1x5 - 95kg (209lbs)
1x5 - 105kg (231lbs)
1x5 - 115kg (253lbs)
2x3 - 125kg (275lbs)

Bench:
4x5 - 91kg (200.2lbs)
1x4 - 91kg

BB Rows:
3x5 - 67kg (147.4lbs)

I also did a set of dips for some reps in the middle of the rows...I don't know how many.

My weight this morning was 83.5 kg (183.7lbs)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:01 am 
Rabbit

Glad you got yourself to the gym. Does this ring true or am I full it:
"Better to have an off day in the gym than not going to the gym at all."

I for sure have had off days doing my routines. Yeah I wonder if it's better to give up and go home sometimes, but each time when I hung in there, I still felt better for at least trying.
I'm sure your next time to go in, you'll be kicking but!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:32 pm 
Elephant

That trip looks like it was a lot of fun! And don't concern yourself too much on the squats. Maybe you had a bad day, maybe you will even have to ease off them a little, but you are still worlds ahead of where you started, and I'm sure that is noticeable in everyday living and in your strength levels. Exercise is a means of reducing stress, being healthy, and having fun! So take each day as part of the journey, and just do your best. :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:17 am 
Rabbit

Hey guys, thanks for the encouraging words! Now I know there's more than three people out there checking in on my log! YAY! haha :lol: The last workout really shouldn't come as too much of a surprise, I guess. After all, I took a week off worked out once and then had five more days off before this pathetic workout. Perhaps I just need to take a few steps back and start progressing from there...maintaining a new set of consistency. :boxer:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next