Swinging bells and throwing punches

Okay, this is the second time I try to keep a training journal here. A little background: I've been training with various intensity for about 4 years now. During 2009 I really got into bodybuilding and hired a coach to help me. During that time I got into "best" shape of my life, meaning I weighted only 74kg (162lbs). But mentally I was a mess, as this ordeal left me with huge amount of stress, zero social life and some sort of eating disorder.

During spring 2010 I started doing kickboxing for varitation, but couldn't affort it for long. I also stopped going to the gym during the summer. During fall I trained for a brief while in mma and bjj, but all sorts of stuff happened in my life and I ended up stopping training alltogether for couple months. This year I've been training again and currently I train at home with kettlebells 4 times a week and 2 times a week in Scandinavian Defendo. Currently my goal is to go full vegan again (I'm about 90% at the moment) and learn to live and eat healthy without disordered eating patterns.

Anyway, here's my current shape, taken after training and shower today:

http://i.imgur.com/V89FC.jpg

There are some more pictures in the Post your 2011 "Before" photos here -thread

Yesterday my morning workout was:

A1 - 2 kettlebell clean and military press 1x2: 24kg, 4x5: 20kg

A2 - kettlebell renegade row 5x5: 24kg

B1 - Turkish get-up 1x5: 16kg

Finisher - Pushups 10, 10, 10, 10

In the evening I trained in Defendo for 75 minutes

Today my workout was:

A1 - Kettlebell front squat 5x5: 24kg

A2 - 2 Kettlebell swing 5x5: 24kg

B1 - Windmill 1x5: 24kg

Finisher - Bodyweight squats 50, 50, 50, 50

My grip was completely fried after yesterday, so I almost dropped the bells two times while doing swings

It feels nice to be back. I have liked browsing this forum because it has a good positive atmosphere. I'll try to be more active this time around

Just got back from Defendo practice. It was a pretty nice one, as we went through pretty much every basic technique from punches and kicks to releases from common chokes. My concentration just wasn't all that good, as I only got about 3 hours of sleep last night, as some asshole decided to start a loud party around 2 am. Well, at least now I've bought enough ear plugs to last me through world war 3 if needed

I also remembered this cool advertisement video made by Defendo Alliance. So in case any of you are interested about what kind of a self defence system Scandinavian Defendo is, this might give you some idea

I had an okay session yesterday

A1 - Alternating military press 5x5: 20kg

A2 - 2 kettlebell bent over row 5x5: 24kg

B1 - Turkish get-up 1x5: 16kg

Finisher - Pushups: 10, 10, 10, 10, 8, 7 (I was aiming for at least 50 total)

I also measured my weight in the morning: 81,1kg. It seems I'm steadily losing about 0,5kg per week for last few weeks, which is awesome I'm just trying to eat healthy and good foods, and am not counting calories at the moment.

Today I trained in the morning. These friday workouts are a bit nasty, as I once again felt like puking after most sets. Luckily I survived without anything nasty happening. I guess I have to stop eating granola before training

A1 - 2 kettlebell Clean and squat 5x5: 24kg

A2 - 1 kettlebell snatch 5x5: 20kg

Finisher: bodyweight squats 50, 50, 50, 50

Pretty normal week training wise thus far.

Monday:

A1 - double clean and military press 5x5: 20kg

A2 - renegade row 5x5: 24kg

B1 - turkish get-up 1x5: 16kg

Finisher - pushups 10, 10, 10, 10, 10

also Defendo practise for 75 min

Tuesday:

A1 - double front squat 5x5: 24kg

A2 - double swing 5x5: 24kg

Finisher - bodyweight squats 75, 75

Wednesday:

Defendo practise 75 min

Yesterday I wanted to try longer sets on bodyweight squats, those were pretty grueling two sets. In todays Defendo practise we mostly trained punches and kicks. My training partner managed to give me a rather hard shot on the nuts. Luckily I can take comfort from the fact that his shin got hurt too since I wear a metal protective cup

Here's a picture of me doing windmill from yesterday. I looked absolutely terrified of the bell in all pictures

http://i.imgur.com/AePds.jpg

Okay, this is the second time I try to keep a training journal here. A little background: I've been training with various intensity for about 4 years now. During 2009 I really got into bodybuilding and hired a coach to help me. During that time I got into "best" shape of my life, meaning I weighted only 74kg (162lbs). But mentally I was a mess, as this ordeal left me with huge amount of stress, zero social life and some sort of eating disorder..............

It feels nice to be back. I have liked browsing this forum because it has a good positive atmosphere. I'll try to be more active this time around

Welcome back

I can relate to your words above, all the best for your new training, hope things are less stressful for you...