MollyMormons New start with P90X

Create and maintain your own personal online journal. Log your meals and/or workouts, and monitor your progress. Hold yourself accountable and receive support, suggestions, and be open to feedback.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

MollyMormon
Rabbit

MollyMormons New start with P90X

#1 Postby MollyMormon » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:31 pm

After my 2009 competition I had surgeries to deal with (aside from the obvious, for those that know me) and it took a while to get back to the gym. Its been up and down ever since. Then my gym was bought out by big corporate and it sucks. They are screwing everyone and all the decent staff left. So I decided I would do P90X to build up my strength and endurance and get a good foundation to build on. I do want to compete again I just don't know when or where. I will add to my diet. I eat clean but never enough. So I'm adding some shakes and bars to get the calories and protein I need to build muscle. I am trying not to over think things and just get it done.

Octopussoir
Elephant

Re: MollyMormons New start with P90X

#2 Postby Octopussoir » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:26 pm

Hey Molly glad to see you back on here.

Was a blast hanging a couple years ago and competing with you. Would love to retouch in person.

robert cheeke wrote:life's too short to not get SWOL!

MollyMormon
Rabbit

#3 Postby MollyMormon » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:38 pm

Thanks Jimi. I agree with you. It would be good to get together again. I play Power Girl for the Justice League of Arizona. We do charity events and support the Arizona Pop Culture museum.

Rob_T
Rabbit

#4 Postby Rob_T » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:11 pm

MollyMormon wrote:After my 2009 competition I had surgeries to deal with (aside from the obvious, for those that know me) and it took a while to get back to the gym. Its been up and down ever since. Then my gym was bought out by big corporate and it sucks. They are screwing everyone and all the decent staff left. So I decided I would do P90X to build up my strength and endurance and get a good foundation to build on. I do want to compete again I just don't know when or where. I will add to my diet. I eat clean but never enough. So I'm adding some shakes and bars to get the calories and protein I need to build muscle. I am trying not to over think things and just get it done.
[url]Image[/url]
[url]Image[/url]

I had the same experience, corporate gym from hell, too many machines, conflict-oriented staff and managers.
Right now I'm at a YMCA and it's very good.
5',7-1/2" ; 150-155lbs ; white male
weight gain goal: 170lbs

djshrew
Gorilla

#5 Postby djshrew » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:46 am

glad to see your back! =)

MaryStella
Stegosaurus

#6 Postby MaryStella » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:29 pm

welcome back and good luck with p90x

Octopussoir
Elephant

#7 Postby Octopussoir » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:03 pm

update?
robert cheeke wrote:life's too short to not get SWOL!

MollyMormon
Rabbit

#8 Postby MollyMormon » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:01 pm

Ok Jimi your right. I have been meaning to update. I really messed this up. I worked like 4 days straight this weekend and it took 2 weeks to get through week 1. I also need to change my day off. It gave me a glimpse of what I am in for. This shit is hard and I have no flexibility. So I am off to do it now.

Return to “Online Training Journals & Blogs”