Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: My training journal
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:15 am 
Finch

So I've been trying to workout for many years but my total lack of knowledge on the subject and not knowing anybody who did bodybuilding stopped me from trying it. I also wasn't very confident only with the information on the web.
Luckily I recently met a bodybuilder at my working place who is helping me. He is not vegan but he still can help me with the workouts.

I started two weeks ago. The first week without equipment (I'm doing it at home). The second week I started using dumbbells, barbell, etc. I will be writing my progress here so I can keep a record of what I'm doing and hopefully people can give me tips and correct errors. That would be great!

Hight: 184cm
Weight: 65kg

So yes, I'm very thin. I started eating a lot more but the problem is that I live in China and it's difficult to have access to many products like VEGA for protein powders, energy bars, etc, and I'm not sure about multivitamins. I saw many kinds in pharmacies here but I don't know if I can trust them. I'm not even sure they are vegan.

My training program:

Dumbbells: 6kg for each arm.
barbell: 10kg
5 series of 12 reps for each exercise.

MONDAY
- Chest: push-ups, bench presses.
- Shoulders: dumbbell front raise, lateral raise, bent over lateral raise.

WEDNESDAY
- Biceps: hammer curls, concentration curls, barbell curls.
- Back: dumbbell row exercise

FRIDAY
- Triceps: dumbbells, kickbacks, dips 2 benches.
- Abs: 8 min abs exercise

SATURDAY
- Football (soccer)

I'm on my third week now.
Push-ups it's the most difficult for me.
When I start my workout for example in biceps, the first three series I can do them pretty easily. The last two become much harder. The same happens with the other exercises I do on that session. Does that mean I need to put more weight? But if I put more wight I probably won't make it to the 12 reps on each exercise.

I'll keep posting.
Great site by the way. And congrats for Robert Cheeke!

PS: In case my english looks strange, it's because I'm spanish.

Post subject: Re: My training journal
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:05 pm 
Rabbit

Spanish, living in China, writing in English. I'm impressed!

I'm not sure if there are any of the vegan companies shipping overseas; maybe you can contact vegan nutrition web sites to see if they could work out the shipping with you so you can get some good items?

Post subject: Re: My training journal
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:37 pm 
Finch

melrae wrote:
Spanish, living in China, writing in English. I'm impressed!

I'm not sure if there are any of the vegan companies shipping overseas; maybe you can contact vegan nutrition web sites to see if they could work out the shipping with you so you can get some good items?

Haha, and french mother! I was just lucky with languages since a was kid... anyway;

For what you suggest, I asked already some time ago I don't remember what company about shipping the goods but I had no response. I guess the answer was "no". I will try with other companies.
I found on a chinese website that they sell soy protein but I don't know if it's vegan. Is there a way to know that looking at the ingredients? Maybe I can share the specifications so people could tell me if it's vegan or not...

Thanks!