Seeing What I Can Do

Ok, I am going out on a limb here so be gentle with me... I just turned 47 in July and have not done any "formal" training or dieting for over 10 years. After going vegan, I lost almost 15 pounds in 3 months which is great because my strength has actually gone up. This is absolutely mind boggling for me since I competed in an all-natural bodybuilding competition in 2010 and took overall as a meat-eater and it was the hardest thing for me to get the weight off. My gym results post-comp were living proof of just how much damage I had done to my training and metabolism. The trainer I had was good and I don't blame her for what happened, it was totally my own fault for taking things to the limit like I did.

So, fast-forward to today. I am going to do another natural competition probably in late fall or early spring (haven't decided which one yet). I am going to use this journal to track all my ups and downs during the process. My biggest hang up is my age which is mostly a mental hang up but there are physical issues for women my age which we won't go into here.

I did the last comp to prove that I could do it, I want to do this one to prove I can do it at my age and being total vegan. I know the rules of training, diet, and supplementation all too well, so I will use that knowledge here.

Follow if you care... or dare... whichever the case may be. I can get pretty negative at times, just a forewarning. But I NEVER give up.

My training currently is as follows: Back/tri split with 30 min cardio, Chest/bi split with 30 min cardio, and leg/shoulder split no cardio. I only take a day off when my soreness gets to me. My current weight is 147 and I am probably around 23% bf.

My diet is 1200-1400 kcal which is good for my age and metabolism. I level off around 1500. I eat 60-70% carb, 20-30% protein, 10-20% fat, respectively. This will vary. Multivitamin, cal-mag-zinc are my only supplements right now but I will add more as needed. So - here we go! Day one down