Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 401 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bulking phase
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:34 pm 
Site Admin

I've been away from the forum for a bit with my travels, but hopped back on and see that your journal is awesome!

Great, detailed stuff. Awesome work!

Wishing you a fantastic week!

-Robert

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:58 am 
VBB Moderator Powerlifter & Ultrarunner

Agreed, a great little journal and one of the regulars I like to check in on.

Hope your week is going well and you haven't fell of the wagon again ?!

Image @MiniForklift
WEB: http://www.jimsty.wix.com/strength-vs-size
FB: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mini-Forklift/161273440616736?ref=hl

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:09 am 
Gorilla

"Don't fall for that crap that people are peddling on the message boards, in magazines or on TV. Get your shit in order, and get your training in order. Start kicking ass, and take out the crap that doesn't matter" Jim Wendler

Last edited by veggiesasquatch on Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:12 am 
Gorilla

Up early on a day off as I have a delivery coming (re stock of my supps)

Easy session again, making up for yesterday as was my other half's birthday. Diet wasn't great either but doesn't hurt now & then.

Wed-28th-feb cycle 2 week 4 Deload (3x5)

Dead lift: 47.5kg 60kg 70kg

Assistance:
Front squats (programmed assistance 3x5) 30kg 37.5kg 45kg
2x10 reverse hypers 2x10 GHR

ab circuit, hanging leg raises, leg raises, side bends, cable crunch...easy deload

"Don't fall for that crap that people are peddling on the message boards, in magazines or on TV. Get your shit in order, and get your training in order. Start kicking ass, and take out the crap that doesn't matter" Jim Wendler

Last edited by veggiesasquatch on Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:42 am 
Gorilla

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
Hangovers suck, so you did pretty well to get to the gym bro !!

Wasn't much of a hangover, more being up till late & then not getting much sleep.

I did go straight edge for a while but a glass of wine with nice food is great. I'm
Not a beer drinker never have been.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:42 am 
Gorilla

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
Hangovers suck, so you did pretty well to get to the gym bro !!

Wasn't much of a hangover, more being up till late & then not getting much sleep.

I did go straight edge for a while but a glass of wine with nice food is great. I'm
Not a beer drinker never have been.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:39 am 
Gorilla

If I were to name tonights workout i'd of gone with "I'm not here to bro'down"

Thurs-1st-march cycle 2 weeks 4 deload (3x5)

The work on my main lift & programmed assistance were so light. I basically completed all my lifts in 20 mins including assistance. By the time I'd loaded the next weight on bench & incline I had gotten back under the bar.

Assistance followed much the same (all deloaded) , grabbed  a db for rows & just cracked on when I grabbed the next weight. Light lat pull downs & dips with hammer curls. All very light in 3x10 then a quick blast on treadmill

Bench: 37.5kg 47.5kg 55kg

Assistance:
Incline bench (programmed assistance 3x5) 35kg 42.5kg 50kg
Dumbbell rows, lat pulls, dips & hammer curls.

The deload week is doing it job, I'm buzzing for the next cycle...

Listened to so ol'school Immolation during this session...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:19 pm 
Rabbit

Hi veggiesasquatch, like your journal by the way,

Just wanted to pop by and thank you for your advice. A bit of homework over the weekend for me but if i go through the planning now and get more experienced, learn how my body responds etc. then i think one day i shall get a bit more intuitive with my meal planning a bit like yourself.

Again like you i am not a big fan of regimented planning but i think i need to go through the process in order to start learning how my body responds to different foods and calorie/macro levels.

Anyway thanks again all advice is much appreciated, have a great weekend.
Doug

http://www.my-healthy-lifestyle-choices.com

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:18 am 
Gorilla

Last session this week means end of the delaod, Weekend off so plenty of rest, food & xbox in order.

Fri-2nd-March deload (3x5)

Squat: 47.5lg 60kg 72.5kg

Assistance:
Good mornings (programmed assistance 3x5) 30kg 37.5kg 45kg
GHR 3x10

Ab circuit: Side bends, Leg raises, Hanging leg raises, Cable crunch.

Feel good & ready for cycle 3.....

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:49 pm 
VBB Moderator Powerlifter & Ultrarunner

Mike Jenkins take the win, Poundstone second and Shaw tore his biceps. He actually suffered a partial tear on the first event which was Apollons Wheel; he continued to compete even with the tear and it looks like it completely went on the last part of the Timber Carry (which was the last event). We'll see what's up in upcoming days I am sure.

http://www.arnoldstrongmanclassic.com/index.html

Site has results, videos and pics!

Image @MiniForklift
WEB: http://www.jimsty.wix.com/strength-vs-size
FB: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mini-Forklift/161273440616736?ref=hl

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:39 am 
Gorilla

Mon-5th-March Cycle 3 Week 1 (3x5)

Pretty lazy weekend with a couple of 8ish hours sleep & good amount of food in take.

Went into today's session with the plan of required reps only on military pressing. Just for the simple fact of showing restraint, I usually always go past required reps on last set (never to failure) so need to do this more.

Warm up involved treadmill sprints, Hindu push ups, regular push ups. Lower weight press & stretching.

Military press: 32.5kg 37.5kg 42.5kg

Assistance:
Close grip bench (programmed assistance 3x10) 42.5kg 50kg 57.5kg
Tricep push downs, Bicep db curls (shock I did some curls), Cable seated rows, chin ups

Chin ups seemed to obliterate me after the two big lifts. Got 2x10 on wide grip then went down hill from there using even hammer grips

Post workout shake...x2 scoops protein, 50g maize starch, glutamine & bcaa's

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:55 am 
Gorilla

Curls?! In this thread? Colour me shocked. ;)

I imagine that when the day comes that I can actually do chins/pulls, I'm probably going to want to do them all the time.

IRON MNTN // LOG

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:24 am 
Gorilla

vegansludge wrote:
Curls?! In this thread? Colour me shocked. ;)

I imagine that when the day comes that I can actually do chins/pulls, I'm probably going to want to do them all the time.

When I started at the gym last feb I must of weighed roughly 138lb, I couldn't do a single chin even with a narrow underhand grips.

I didn't start to really train them until maybe 6 months ago. I just did singles, then doubles & so on. 

What helped build them up was going with hammer grips, I find these work really well for me & I can generate a lot of power through them.

Wide grips are obviously the hardest ones & my left shoulder joint was hurt in a car accident, I also look like batman trying to turn his head when I look left, really stiff neck. So I try not going past shoulder width when I go wide but today I hit 2x10 wide then maybe a 9, I switched to hammers then but my shoulders had enough.

I usually do say 5 wide grips, hang there & change to a diff grip & so on.

Crazy to think I now weigh 185lb & I can do more. With the hammer I started to also add in a 10lb plate...

Keep at them, they'll soon come on

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:05 am 
Gorilla

veggiesasquatch wrote:
Crazy to think I now weigh 185lb & I can do more. With the hammer I started to also add in a 10lb plate...

Keep at them, they'll soon come on

I'm continuously impressed with your progress in such a short-time. It's pretty amazing, mate.

I feel you - when I started StrongLifts in September, I couldn't, for the life of me, do one "regular" push-up which was embarrassing. Now I can bang out small sets in between benching.

IRON MNTN // LOG

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:12 pm 
Gorilla

Before I log my workout I want to say how annoyed with myself I'am. Relaxing the weekend has now given me a pain in my lower back to the right.

All the work I did to help my sciatica (on the left side) has been great but now this is a kick in the teeth.

Not squatting or dead lifting for a fair few weeks followed by a basic plan to bring strength back up to getting onto 5/3/1 has been tough but all worth while. Now because of a laps in posture I have pain.

Basically sat on the sofa against the one end with my legs/feet tucked up to the side. I'm so annoyed......

Get through this week then a week off. Luckily the pains doesn't seem all that bad but still......

Update: A decent sleep today seems to of helped.

Tues-6th-March cycle 3 week 1 (3x5)

Worked last night, pretty beat in all honesty. Had 50g instant oats, 1 scoop protein, peanut butter & a banana to see my through this session. 

Not the greatest pre workout nutrition but I haven't got time to eat, sit around to let it digest & then train with work again tonight.

This was a great time to take Wendler's advice & to pick your battles. Required reps today only.

Warm up was good, foam rolls along with body weight squats & mobility work. Actually ended up doing a lot of mobility without realising.

Dead lift: 80kg 92.5kg 105kg

Assistance:
Front squats (programmed assistance 3x10) 37.5kg 45kg 55kg
GHR 3x10 reverse hypers 3x10

Ab circuit: side bends, cable crunch, hanging legs & v-ups

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 401 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 27  Next