Starting over

Hey all,

I have a confession to make...I was following a vegan diet for approx 8 months and remember how great I felt; not just physically but mentally sane. Believe me this is extremely hard with my job. I currently work nights (6 p - 6 a) in a very demanding job.

I also use to run a lot but injured my back about a year ago, so my fitness schedule has also been inconsistent but I love lifting weights (free weights, not machines).

Now for the bad part...Last December I started dating someone who thinks if the meal doesn't have meat it's not a real meal.

So for the past year I have compromised on what I eat. I have gone back and forth between a vegan/vegetarian diet to a standard diet until I finally gave up and began eating whatever nasty fast food was available...and believe me that’s all that’s available at night. I am now so confused about what I'm supposed to be eating to maintain a healthy lifestyle.

So today, I am making a commitment to myself to follow my beliefs about nutrition no matter what others say. I need to do this for me! l hope that by starting this blog I will hold myself accountable to my decision to be healthy. It will be a long process to re-educate myself on healthy nutrition so any help will be appreciated.

I will upload before (current) pictures in a few days, as well as my training log, and nutrition log. Wish me luck!

Glad to hear that you have made a decision to stay true to your own beliefs and motivations. Compromising because of what other people expect is only going to let you down. Stay true to yourself!

If people are not accepting of this then there is no real love there, leave them by the curb! (IMHO)

Good luck to you.