Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 358 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: Vegan Curious
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:59 pm 
Manatee

Did a light leg workout today.. (It should have been done last night along with zumba, but a. work was crazy and didn't make it out in time for gym and b. I don't think my groin is up for zumba quite yet..)
Single leg curls 30lb x 16 for 3 sets
Single leg extensions 30lb x 15 for 3 sets
Squats (just BB, therefore 45lb) x 20 for 2 sets
Lunges w/ 10lb DB x 12 for 2 sets

Back at it tomorrow with upper body, but I'll have limited time (hour, tops) I think I'll just do supersets for everything. Hopefully I can muster up the focus for that..I really don't like being in the gym by work anymore. Personal issues within the gym ruin my mood, concentration, and my workout as a whole.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:23 pm 
VBB Moderator Powerlifter & Ultrarunner

Sounds like you might wanna consider swapping gyms?..

Image @MiniForklift
WEB: http://www.jimsty.wix.com/strength-vs-size
FB: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mini-Forklift/161273440616736?ref=hl

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:04 pm 
Manatee

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
Sounds like you might wanna consider swapping gyms?..

I only go to the 'undesirable' one on days when I'm at work because I don't have time to go else where. Luckily, with my schedule the way it is, that means only twice a week. The rest of the time I go to a gym that's a lifter's dream lol Love it there.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:09 am 
Manatee

Thoroughly enjoyed my lower body workout yesterday...I was a little annoyed that there wasn't a single free squat rack when I needed it, but I made up for it by using the Smith machine for single leg squats. I worked abs directly for the first time in quite a while...my obliques aren't appreciating that fact today.
Sitting leg curls (both legs) 50lb x 20 for 3
Leg extensions (both legs) 50lb x 15 for 3 (Quads were still sore from friday's workout...made me pretty happy)
Lying leg curls 40lb x 12 for 3
Deadlifts 115lb x 10 for 3 (my back is feeling those extra reps today [I usually do 3 sets of 8])
Smith machine single leg squats 25-30lb x 10 for 3
Lunges w/ 10lb DBs x 15 for 3
Cable crunches x 30 for 4 (did these using the lat pull down machine)
Standing oblique crunch w/ 15lb DB x 15 for 3 (per side)
Oblique crunch with twist (on the back extension bench...does that thing have a name??) x 20 for 3 (per side)
Medicine ball twist 20/side for 3

Heading out to the gym shortly to hit my upper body. Trying a couple new things...head-level bicep cable curls, Arnold press (did this once last week..love it!), and tricep cable pushdowns instead of extensions. Usually I alternate exercises each time I'm in the gym, but I think what I'll do now is stick with a routine for a month, then change up a few things. Now would be a good time to start, being [nearly] the start of a new month.

I really need to figure out my diet, too...in the last several years, I was happiest at 115lb, so that's been my ideal all this time, but I'm not sure I should go back to that...I eat for weightloss as I'm in a calorie deficit every day (well..most lol) but I don't know if that's best. Maybe I should be eating MORE to put on the muscle that I want...but I really don't want to see the number on the scale go back up to 130lb. Maybe I should just stay off the scale for a while, increase intake a bit to try to put on more muscle and see what that makes me look like, instead of focusing on what the number makes me THINK I look like...*sigh* :?

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 8:12 pm 
Manatee

Monday's upperbody workout was good, pretty solid overall..I took pushups out of the lineup for now. I might start doing them again in the future.. Randomly when I'm not in the gym I drop and do some, though.
Today's workout was depressing. I attempted to do Bodypump class and in the warm up I discovered that my leg wasn't up for squats or lunges. *sigh* I guess I have to give in and get this looked at.
Despite today's failure, I'm going to attempt a leg workout tomorrow and just keep the weight low and the reps high. Not even going to bother trying Zumba though...I just wanna do cardio! :( ...never thought I'd say that! lol

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 7:02 pm 
Manatee

I had full intention to go to the gym yesterday, but due to late night at work, exhaustion, and sore groin that didn't happen. I had full intention to go today on lunch, but due to elevated groin pain (worse than it has been in some time) that didn't happen. I HATE making the decision not to go! :( I feel like I should just push through, yet I don't think it would be smart to.
Tomorrow, however, is an upper body day, so that is most definitely happening whether my leg likes it or not. I don't have much time between when the gym opens and when I start work, though, so I'm going to try a superset routine...kinda excited for it. I just need to look up some good supersets now lol I have a few in mind, but not enough.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 7:31 pm 
VBB Moderator Powerlifter & Ultrarunner

What's up with your groin? I remember you also mentioning it a few pages back.

Have you had it checked out?

Image @MiniForklift
WEB: http://www.jimsty.wix.com/strength-vs-size
FB: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mini-Forklift/161273440616736?ref=hl

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 9:00 pm 
Manatee

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
What's up with your groin? I remember you also mentioning it a few pages back.

Have you had it checked out?

Pulled it months ago...it was getting a lot better, but then I tried cardio the other week. It's been doing poorly ever since. I haven't had it looked at... I'm terrible for procrastination and I hate going to the doctor...bad combination

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 11:29 pm 
Site Admin

Have a great weekend!

All the best!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 3:01 pm 
Manatee

I had so much fun in my workout before work this morning that I went back for another when I finished work :D
I like supersets, but I think to get more out of them I need to drop a little weight and move faster between sets. I don't waste any time between exercises, but then I wait a minute or two before the next set.
In the second session I destroyed my biceps...it felt awesome :) and I couldn't decide what exercise for shoulders to do after DB shoulder press...so I did both that I was debating between. It was the only logical answer haha
So all in all, good day.

Shortly I'm going to go make pancakes (made with soy milk and egg whites...is there any way to make vegan pancakes??) that are topped with peanut butter and maple syrup (0 sugar syrup!)...yum!

Tomorrow should be legs, but I'm not going to do it. Instead I will be baking :? or attempting to bake, anyway lol I'm one person that does NOT belong in the kitchen. But this is an attempt at a housewarming gift...so we'll see how this goes lol

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:41 am 
Manatee

Went and saw my first competition on saturday...The male bodybuilders and the physique competitors, too, were very impressive. The women were kinda all over the place. I found myself VERY confused by the judging of the figure and bikini. In figure the girl who had the best muscle definition (though without striation, as per the guidelines of figure judging) got third...then a bikini girl who looked like she should have been in figure won her class...I don't get it!
That's not what I meant but them being all over the place, though...there was just a very wide variety between the appearances. Some looked just lean (sometimes TOO lean..it was gross) with no muscle visible, and others looked really well muscled, toned, and lean.
*sigh* I guess I have my work cut out for me...starting to look into posing workshops, and custom designers for show bikinis...I can't believe I'm seriously considering this!

Hitting the gym a little later than normal today...I like evening workouts, but the crowd usually ruins it. We'll see how this goes!

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:44 am 
Rabbit

Cown wrote:
...The women were kinda all over the place. I found myself VERY confused by the judging of the figure and bikini. In figure the girl who had the best muscle definition (though without striation, as per the guidelines of figure judging) got third...then a bikini girl who looked like she should have been in figure won her class...I don't get it!
My ex was/is a bikini competitor and I know exactly what you're talking about with the judging being all over the place and confusing. I know part of the problem in BC is politics, but I doubt that's specific to here...

ಠ_ಠ

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 7:33 pm 
Manatee

darcy wrote:
Cown wrote:
...The women were kinda all over the place. I found myself VERY confused by the judging of the figure and bikini. In figure the girl who had the best muscle definition (though without striation, as per the guidelines of figure judging) got third...then a bikini girl who looked like she should have been in figure won her class...I don't get it!
My ex was/is a bikini competitor and I know exactly what you're talking about with the judging being all over the place and confusing. I know part of the problem in BC is politics, but I doubt that's specific to here...

Of course...is it even possible to have an organization without politics having affect on some level? lol

Great workout today! :)
Bench Press 4 sets - 65 x 12 for 2, 75 x 8 for 1, 85 x 4 for 1..Haven't lifted that weight in a while!
Pec Deck 3 sets - 70lb x 12
*Dropped for 20 pushups
Assisted pull ups -lifted 80% bw- Close, neutral grip, 12 x 3
Bent over BB row 50lb x 15 x 3
Cable row -wide, neutral grip- 70lb x 12 x 3
Head level cable bicep curls 30lb/side 12 x 3
*not quite superset, about 30s rest then..
EZ bar bicep curls 8 x 3 - 40lb, 30lb, 20lb
*no rest between sets, just enough time to get the next bar
Arnold Press 12.5lb/side x 13 x 3
Standing should press 30lb x 12 x 3, 20lb x 8 x 2
Tricep cable pull downs w/ split rope 30lb x 20 x 3
Standing oblique crunch 15lb x 20 x 1, 20lb x 20 x 2
Oblique twist with 10lb medicine ball on decline bench 15rep/side x 4

The best part of the workout was my bench and biceps...loved it!! :) I have a feeling I'm really gunna need tomorrow to rest

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 11:52 pm 
Gorilla

Cown wrote:
Shortly I'm going to go make pancakes (made with soy milk and egg whites...is there any way to make vegan pancakes??) that are topped with peanut butter and maple syrup (0 sugar syrup!)...yum!

Tomorrow should be legs, but I'm not going to do it. Instead I will be baking :? or attempting to bake, anyway lol I'm one person that does NOT belong in the kitchen. But this is an attempt at a housewarming gift...so we'll see how this goes lol

Hi there! I just Googled "vegan pancakes" and a whole lot of recipes showed up. You should check it out.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 11:57 pm 
Gorilla

Cown wrote:
*sigh* I guess I have my work cut out for me...starting to look into posing workshops, and custom designers for show bikinis...I can't believe I'm seriously considering this!

I think this is so exciting! It's awesome when people find something they're passionate about and just go for it! Kudos to you! :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 358 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 24  Next