Carolina's Journey to Extreme Hawtness

Today is the beginning of the 12 days of Christmas program, which will be indeed an great challenge for me as I'm currently vacationing with family and friends in Mexico. I haven't trained at all in the past week, since I arrived; this must change.

My general goal is to lower my body fat percentage from a current 18.7% to 16% by February 15th.

My goal for today is to focus on eating only wholesome food (no chips, fries, or junk).

So far so good:

-Homemade vegetable soup (tomato, zucchini, cilantro, potato, chayote, carrot)

-Pinto beans with cacti (sauteed with onion, garlic, green pepper, tomato)

-Sauteed mushrooms with garlic and green pepper.

I'm finding it very difficult to stay on track with my workouts while being on holidays. The main problem is that I'm feeling extremely relaxed and laid back, and the willingness to make myself exercise simply isn't there.

Any and all suggestions about how to stay focus and motivated while on vacation will be greatly appreciated. Sigh.

Fallen_Horse & AdoraLove, thanks for stopping by!

No, I haven't trained while on holidays yet. Merry Christmas to you both!

Tonight is Christmas Eve and my big family get together and feast. It's my first Christmas as a vegan and I've found it super sweet that a couple of family members have asked how they can alter their dishes so I can eat them too. This has made me feel very loved and appreciated!

Yesterday I did some rollerblading. It felt great! Didn't accomplish much today, except stay on track with my diet. It's so easy to stray when on holidays! I'm trying to focus on not being too permissive with thinking that it's just while I'm on vacation; after all, that's how bad habits are formed, right?

LOL thanks!

Today I'm in Texas, in transit-- coming back home to Canada after spending holidays in Mexico. It's going to be a loooooooong day.

I did, however, begin my year in an awesome way! On Jan. 1st I went hiking in the mountains of Monterrey, Mexico; it was beautiful and it has left me feeling cheery and energized. The power of exercising in nature, huh?

Thursday Jan. 5th

Breakfast- Green smoothie

(No AM snack because I woke up late. Ha!)

Lunch- Two corn tostadas with black beans, avocado, onion, tomato, salsa.

PM snack- Cantaloup

Dinner- Green salad, grilled veggies, beans, baked red potatoes.

Evening snack- Hot cocoa

Also, I'm becoming very mindful on the amount of water I drink because I'm aware I need to have more.

Hi Carolina! You're doing awesome! (Or, should that be "awesomely"?? Haha!) Anyhow, I can see that Amanda, our fabulous coach, has shared some of the same tips with you (green smoothie and hot cocoa)! So great! I love our little team!

Good luck with fitness tomorrow!

Lol, yep! Drinking smoothies is something I've done for some time now, mainly because I realized how fast it is (when in 'formal' training I wake up at 4:50 am-- so any time savers are a must!)

Karen, you may like this website! Tons of wholesome smoothie ideas here (and no need to worry too much about the calories, because they're derived from whole, fresh fruits and veggies; calories in this way aren't our enemy.) Here it is: http://www.incrediblesmoothies.com/

And the hot cocoa idea I blatantly borrowed from Amanda after reading it in her journal LOL. Yum!

Hello lovely ladies! I'm so glad you liked the recipes! I'd be happy to share more with you if you'd like!

Today my smoothie was:

Vega Whole Food Op (15 grams) 6 grams protein, 54 cals

1/2 cup organic westoy original soy milk - 4.5 grams protein, 45 cals

1/2 banana .5 grams protein, 50 cals

1 cup baby spinach - 1 gram protein, 10 cals

1/2 cup strawberries - .5 grams protein, 30 cals

1/2 cup blueberries- .5 grams protein, 30 cals

Total Calories:219

Total protein: 13 grams

I had this pre breakfast (which was oatmeal and I'll post in my log tonight).

This smoothie is a good example of a very quick, yummy snack with good carbs and protein. If you're doing it for your breakfast I'd add more vega and maybe 2 cups of baby spinach or more soy milk to add more protein and keep you full longer! You could also add some avocado for healthy fat!

xoxox ladies! Happy Friday!

I'm just happy to know I'm not the only one that struggles with getting in the gym. This is just week one for me in bodybuilding and I'm trying to get my butt in shape. Sounds like you're doing great already, we all have a hard time with working out on the run. I am going to a conference next week for a week and I'm sort of dreading it because I'll be on my own with nobody looking over my shoulder helping me. Here's to doing it on your own!

Hello lovely ladies! I'm so glad you liked the recipes! I'd be happy to share more with you if you'd like!

Today my smoothie was:

Vega Whole Food Op (15 grams) 6 grams protein, 54 cals

1/2 cup organic westoy original soy milk - 4.5 grams protein, 45 cals

1/2 banana .5 grams protein, 50 cals

1 cup baby spinach - 1 gram protein, 10 cals

1/2 cup strawberries - .5 grams protein, 30 cals

1/2 cup blueberries- .5 grams protein, 30 cals

Total Calories:219

Total protein: 13 grams

I had this pre breakfast (which was oatmeal and I'll post in my log tonight).

This smoothie is a good example of a very quick, yummy snack with good carbs and protein. If you're doing it for your breakfast I'd add more vega and maybe 2 cups of baby spinach or more soy milk to add more protein and keep you full longer! You could also add some avocado for healthy fat!

xoxox ladies! Happy Friday!

I'm just happy to know I'm not the only one that struggles with getting in the gym. This is just week one for me in bodybuilding and I'm trying to get my butt in shape. Sounds like you're doing great already, we all have a hard time with working out on the run. I am going to a conference next week for a week and I'm sort of dreading it because I'll be on my own with nobody looking over my shoulder helping me. Here's to doing it on your own!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and congrats on the beginning to what surely will be a lifestyle of fun for you! I hear you on the 'nobody looking over my shoulder' bit. I'm terrible at keeping myself in check, too! I think it's just a habit thing; I'm determined to change the way I think about things that I haven't been particularly fond of. So yeah, here's to doing it on our own!

Workout- Friday January 6th

I did yoga, woot! Ok, I know it may not be much, but I have done zilch in over three weeks, and I'm discovering I almost need to coax myself into getting back on track. I found this website http://www.myfreeyoga.com/ full of free yoga class videos, and so I did a session on my own this morning, in my house and still in my pj's. It felt fantastic! You have no idea how many things cracked and popped while I was doing the stretches LOL! Although I'm pretty flexible I was quite surprised at how stiff I felt, especially on the hamstrings, glutes and calf. This is a big wake-up call as to how weeks of inactivity take a toll on what we've worked hard to accomplish. But, upward and onward!

I did this video today http://www.myfreeyoga.com/videos/17/twist-away-tension.html and loved it. Hope this information helps others as well!

Hi there jmichael614- that's the great thing about this community! We're all here to support each other so even if you're not working with a mentor, you'll gain so much from reading the posts and asking questions! Hope you have a wonderful day and feel energized in the gym! Keep up the hard work!

Can you tell me more about the mentorship? I'm not sure what that is and I've seen several people talking about it.