Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Back to fighting form.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:31 pm 
Rabbit

Second workout Second Post

last week I trained too hard and pushed myself to lift more than I ever have, the unfortunate part was I did that all the major muscle groups twice and felt it so that I could not work out at night. I have adjusted like I mentioned earlier and was able to head to Jiujitsu tonight.

Class was great, I ended up "rolling" with a former heavyweight from Nebraska, it is always interesting to be the two big guys in class, When push comes to shove we were using a lot of the mats for when we entered free grapple. I felt bad, I dropped him on a couple of kids, though they crawled across the mats and we were pushing up to 15ft before the throw. Ended up hurting a rib, which is par for the course, you never go to a class think, I am only going to put the hurt out, I am untouchable. I got tossed around quite a bit tonight, which is why I am always thankful that there is another big guy in class. Everyone else in there was feather weight, with a welterweight or two.

Thanks for reading, I am going to ice my ribs...
Steve

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:37 pm 
Rabbit

Tuesday!

Warm up
VO2 Training from thrive fitness on a spin bike. 20 mins

Dead lifts - forgot straps, my arm strength started to give out towards the end

135 x 5
185 x 5
225 x 5
185 x 5
135 x 5

I keep getting stronger and stronger with deadlifts, I missed the a lot. I have not really trained it in a long time due to various injuries

Bent over row
135 x 5
185 x 5
225 x 5
185 x 5
135 x 5

Both of these back to back was quite a workout.

Hyper extensions. to failure 5 sets, about 5-6 before my back started to cry. I am still weak here. I used to be on pills for chronic lower back pain. I hate pills, so I did everything I could to not have to take them. It meant not doing this or deadlift

Wide grip pull down
120 x 5
140 x 5
160 x 5
140 x 5
120 x 5

This hurt with every rep. I did not think it would upset my bum rib, though it screamed at me to end my work out. I pushed through until the next exercise.

Standing stiff arm lat pull downs.
50 x 8
60 x 8
70 x 8
60 x 8
50 x 8

I was in too much pain to do anything else. I was at the gym a respectable time though.

Good luck with your training everyone
Steve

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:45 pm 
Rabbit

Greetings all hope your workouts are great.

I mentioned earlier that I broke a rib, that is not a fun thing to have happen, the last one took me a good 3 months to recover from. So I am going to hold off on grappling until that is healed. I do not want it getting worse.

That being said, Today was supposed to be shoulder day. Since all of the fun shoulder exercises put pressure on the ribs, I forwent a lifting workout and hit up a morning boxing class instead. That is quite the shoulder workout, It makes me feel like I was able to lift without too much pressure on the rib.

Tomorrow is Arms and Calves.

Thanks for reading everyone
Steve

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:35 am 
Rabbit

Arms and calves was fun, and if I did not think my stats for it deplorable, I would post them. I was never a fan of bicep exercises, so I do not rock the "gun show" like some of the people at the gym. I am getting stonger in triceps, I have made some gains there, no so much on the bicep side.

My bicep curl is currently 60lbs, Tricep press is 90, calves is 180lbs. I always love working calves, though I usually use whatever weight is on a leg press for calf exercises.

Today is some form of other worldly torture known as Cardio. My partner has something planned, not sure what. Otherwise today will be a rest day from lifting.

Thanks all for reading
Steve

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:06 pm 
Rabbit

I have the feeling all cardio machines hate me after today's bouts with them. I am a huge out door nut, and while it is nice to have non tundra-esque weather, I need to dig out my back from before I was injured and have it tuned up.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:22 pm 
Rabbit

I am trying something new, I am on a deload week. All my normal weights are halved this week with a focus on form and contraction as well as a quicker recovery rate.

I am always out researching new ways to lift and new methodologies. I love lifting heavy weights, and look forward to next week for some really good numbers next week.

Happy end of the 30 day challange. I am starting on a 4 week lifting cycle, the last week being the deload week, and Monday of the heavy week being my check in day.
Thanks for reading. Look forward to seeing how everyone does.

Steve