Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1483 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 99  Next
 Post subject: Re: Synny's training journal
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:18 pm 
Elephant

Synny667 wrote:
Post workout: 5 grape glutamine chews, 2 scoops protein powder

Why are you taking these with your protein powder? is it because the protein powder doesn't have enough glutamine, or do they taste that great being grape and all? (they sound terribly yummy right now. I would love to have a supplement that has 'grape' in it!).

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:52 pm 
Elephant

Ok I admit they are seriously yummy tasting but from what I have read it helps with the immune system, minimize muscle breakdown and improve protein metabolism. Plus a former bodybuilder told me they help with cravings and I have been craving gluten products like a fiend...... My workouts feel like they are getting a bit harder and I am just wanting to make sure I keep on top of my game. So I am going to try them. They weren't expensive so I am not going to be out any.

I don't make excuses... I make results

If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:06 am 
Elephant

I have a fantastic day planned! a friend and I are going hiking and will stop along the way to feed the bison. Since we are planning on going to Colorado we thought it would be good to get some hiking in together to see how we gel together. So far she is like an angel who has been sent to help me out :) Can't wait to see what today brings me

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:55 am 
Manatee

i hiked in CO in Aug 2010- boulder. oh my. (and my hiking partner was an "oh My"...a young man 1/2 my age---quite heavenly all around).
I thought of bison the over day, someone brought them up--I used to run in Golden Gate park--and they actually have a small Bison/ Buffalo reserve smack dab in the middle of it! Thanks for the thread..I am due a hike up a mountain and my best friend from college wants to do a sans her husband 2 day backpack somewhere this summer either in CA or OR---Enjoy your hike!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:38 am 
Elephant

I am going hiking today with a friend in an hour and I am super excited. We plan on going wherever my step brother takes us which I hope will be around Estes Park!!! I now have hiking the US parks on my bucket list if I can get my step bro talked into it!! It is turning out to be a much prettier day than expected and I will take it!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:32 pm 
Elephant

Showing off on the trail. Why did I wear baggy clothes????

Attachments:
File comment: Me looking out at the lake
BW looking out.jpg
BW looking out.jpg [ 233.69 KiB | Viewed 1260 times ]
File comment: Showin off
showin off.jpg
showin off.jpg [ 193.73 KiB | Viewed 1261 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:14 pm 
Elephant

What a fantastic day today. They were calling for cold wet weather but apparently Mother Nature was generous and gave my friend and I us perfect weather for hiking! I also took new pics but waiting for my friend to get them to me. We are doing monthly pics I guess. Can't wait to compare them to last month!

Cardio: 126 min hike 9.82k Yeah I was tired by the time I got home
Yoga: 60 min

Triceps, calves, abs
Vbar overhead extension: Warmup: 40 lbs 10 reps, 3 sets Triple drop sets 50 lbs 15 reps, 40 lbs 15 reps, 30 lbs 15 reps
Close grip bench press: Warmups: 40 lbs 10 reps, 50 lbs 10 reps, 3 sets 50 lbs 12 reps
Vbar pressdown: Warmups: 40 lbs 10 reps, 50 lbs 10 reps, 3 sets triple drop sets 70 lbs 10 reps, 60 lbs 10 reps, 50 lbs 10 reps
Standing calf raises: 7 sets 40 lbs 20 reps
Weighted crunch: Warmup: 10 lbs 10 reps, 3 set 15 lbs 15 reps
Hanging leg raises: 3 sets 17 reps (these used to be a really hard challenge)
Twists: 20 lbs 150 reps each side

Breakfast: 2 servings rice flour pancakes, 2 scoops protein powder
Snack: 1c red grapes
Lunch: clif builder bar (was on the trail)
Snack: 5.3 oz potato and 6 brussels sprouts roasted in the oven
Post workout: 2 scoops protein powder
Snack: 1/2c applesauce

I notice when I don't work I probably don't eat enough or I overeat.... Guess that happens when you are go go go

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:06 am 
Elephant

Ok it is officially my weight in day. I was super nervous for some odd reason. I stepped on and to my surprise the scale said 187.8!!!! What a way to start off my day :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:09 pm 
Elephant

So I decided to have a cheat today...Not horribly bad so all is good but I realized I am totally addicted to peanut butter of all kinds. It was also a rest day for me. I did 25 min stationary bike and 20 min incline walking at 3.2 I will one day type out my incline walking

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:11 pm 
Elephant

Well today we had an outting at work that involved Mexican food.... WEAKNESS!!!! We went and fed the elk since the bison were being anti-social and went to a reproduced cowtown. Was soooo fun! I got my pics up!!

Cardio: 25 min stationary bike lvl 6 random program, 25 min elliptical weight loss program lvl 3, 60 min boot camp

Breakfast: 1 large green monster
Snack: 1 peanut butter cookie larabar, 2 scoops protein powder
Lunch: 1 plain bean burrito, 1 1/2 baskets chips and salsa.... yeah i know i know
Snack: red grapes and 3 tbsp cinnamon raisin swirl peanut butter from Peanut Butter & CO
Post workout: 2 scoops protein

Yeah I am addicted to mexican food and peanut butter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:26 am 
Manatee

mex food is the bomb! I am the peanut butter queen- switched to almond butter in Sept of 2011- just as dangerous. Thanks for being a daily dose of inspiration!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:57 am 
Elephant

Awww thanks divamom

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:46 pm 
Elephant

Ok everything is back to normal thank goodness!!! I got to lift tonight and when I was doing a lift my shoulders pumped out at me from the mirror and I couldn't stop looking at myself. I have the biggest, sweetest cheerleader at the gym. He was trying to run a friend off while I was doing cardio. For a moment I thought he was more excited about my changes than me hahaha!!!

Cardio: 15 min walk before yoga, 60 min yoga, 25 min elliptical interval program, 25 min stationary bike random program lvl 6

Shoulders
Smith machine shoulder press: 2 warmup sets 40 lbs 10 reps, 3 sets 45 lbs 10 reps
Smith machine behind the head shoulder press: 1 set 40 lbs 8 reps, drop set 40 lbs, 30 lbs 8 reps, 10 reps
Machine side lat raise: 4 drop sets 60 lbs 40 lbs 10 reps each, 3 sets 50 lbs 40 lbs 10 reps each
Smith machine shrug: warmup set 25 lbs 10 reps, 1 set 35 lbs 20 reps, 2 sets 45 lbs 20 reps
Machine rear raises: 4 sets 30 lbs 15 reps, 3 sets 20 lbs 15 reps

Breakfast: 1 tbsp cinnamon raisin swirl pb, 3/4c dry oats, 2 tbsp flaxseed
Snack: 2 scoops protein powder, 1 peanut butter cookie larabar
Lunch: vegetable bean soup
Snack tofu vegetable strir-fry
Post workout: 1 tbsp cinnamon raisin swirl pb, 2 scoops protein powder
Supper: 1 large green monster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:45 am 
Elephant

Synny667 wrote:
I got to lift tonight and when I was doing a lift my shoulders pumped out at me from the mirror and I couldn't stop looking at myself.

I love it when that happens!

Unfortunately, I hate to look at myself in the mirror (an issue I am currently working on), so those moments are few - but when it does, I am amazed at what I have done with my own body!

Working on this issue means that I go into the spin room when empty, keep the lights off (for now), and practice my posing and developing a somewhat hip hop posing routine for the individual round.

Do you think splits is so blah blah for a BBer to do? I can't do them now, but if I start now, I could do them in 3 months. It would also be cool to incorporate yoga poses into the routine perhaps. Mmmm, just starting to come up with ideas to entertain the audience.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:52 am 
Elephant

I think splits are awesome! I am slowly working on doing them myself and my old yoga instructor told me I have magic hips. My inner groin muscles are very limber but it is my hamstrings that aren't wanting to release.... I LOVE looking at myself in the mirror anymore. I walk past one and I flex, check out my butt, shoulders or whatever :) I figure I have come a long ways and as RuPaul says.... If you can't love yourself how in the hell you gonna love someone else? Those are my new words to live by when I doubt myself

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1483 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 99  Next