Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1483 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 99  Next
 Post subject: Re: Synny's training journal
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:36 pm 
Manatee

so pretty!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:51 pm 
Elephant

Gaia I am broad shouldered which I always thought to be a curse but find it a blessing now. I haven't done any forearm work, triceps respond so fast for me I hate training them to much but my biceps... oh those are what I want to be nice and big. Calves won't grow just have nice definition when I flex. I want to get as big as I can without losing friends. Already been told if I get to big no one will talk to me anymore. Jungle I complain in my head about how much I hate doing the cardio part unless it comes to trail hiking. I am at complete peace and just follow the trail. Uphill, downhill, rough terrain, through mud and water..... Diva thanks.That was one demon I had to cast out of my head fast. Typical response for internet dating for me when asked what I look like was short fat and ugly. I had so much self doubt and had no self worth.....

I don't make excuses... I make results

If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:57 pm 
Manatee

short, fit, work in progress with a pretty face. Ya, those demons can be a bitch. ;)

Out the door, again.

logging out for the night- Namaste!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:16 pm 
Elephant

So today was supposed to be a rest day.... I THINK NOT!!! I realized something was completely missing from my training and that would be a nice hard glutes workout. Yeah the hack squats and leg press hit them but not like I like. So I decided I am going to add a glutes day to my routine and work on building my butt up since the fat seems to be disappearing there and it is feels like it is getting flat. Mirror seems to say otherwise but yeah I want a better ass. Yes I am slightly vain.... Was stuck inside today watching the rain fall which was nice but yeah I wanted to be outside something fierce. I am posting pics of 2 of my meals. Dunno why but oh well lol.

Breakfast: 2/3c oats, 2 tbsp dark chocolate peanut butter, 1 mashed banana
Snack: 1c black grapes, 2 mandarin oranges, 2 scoops protein powder
Lunch: See pic
Snack: see pics, 1 serving vitamineral green, 1 tbsp vitamineral earth, 1 serving warrior food vanilla protein powder
Supper: 1c mixed frozen berries, 2 scoops protein powder
Snack: 2 scoops protein powder
(still trying to figure out the mostly raw diet.....)

Cardio: 20 min walk with dog 2.04km, 25 min elliptical glute program #2 resistance lvl 8, 15 min Step Mill lvl 4 fat blaster
plus program

Glutes
Kneeling squats (never heard of but yeah LOVE): 4 sets 40 lbs 15 reps
Plate glute bridge: 4 sets 25 lbs 12 reps
Standing glute kickback: 4 sets 12 reps (couldn't get my hands on a band for resistance and the pulley stations were busy)
Butt Blaster: 4 sets 40 lbs 8 reps
Walking lunges w/ kickbacks: 3 sets 12 lbs DBs 10 reps
My glutes haven't had a good thrashing and felt the need to work them. I could have gone and done more but I wanted to get home to my puppy

Attachments:
snack.jpg
snack.jpg [ 49.88 KiB | Viewed 1134 times ]
snack1.jpg
snack1.jpg [ 79.01 KiB | Viewed 1134 times ]
lunch.jpg
lunch.jpg [ 207.03 KiB | Viewed 1134 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:28 pm 
Elephant

Yeah that demon is kicked to the curb now I see the beauty and fierce bitch in me. I mean that in the best way possible lol

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:04 pm 
Manatee

Rawr! I frakking love it! ! And that looks delicious! =)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:19 am 
Elephant

Mins it is simple yet yummy. I need to add sprouted foods to my meals but know nothing about them or even how to do it or storing them

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:58 am 
Manatee

I can help you a little bit with some sprouts! Some health food stores sell mason jars with several plastic mesh tops. They'll have small, medium & large holes in them for different seeds. If you can't find that, any glass jar with a wide mouth will do, with some cheese cloth. You might have to fold the cheese cloth a few times for it to be sturdy and the holes small enough for some seeds. Put several tbsp of seeds, like raw, hulled and organic sunflower seeds in the jar. Soak them a 2:1 water to seed ratio, in clean water over night. Then every morning and evening for the next week -/+, rinse them out very well.

Secure some cheese cloth to the opening, or use one of the fancy tops if your store has them. In-between rinses, keep the jars almost upside-down, & in a dark & cool area so that they can drain better. Make sure the angle is just right so that the seeds don't fully cover the opening. The sunflower sprouts will get these little tails and are absolutely delish when they're about 1-2 inches long. Make a puré put of them in the blender with equal parts of lemon juice and Braggs, maybe some oil, and omg. A lot of seeds can be sprouted this way.

If you want the long sunflower sprouts, the kind that are like 5-6 inches long & green, I think you want them to be shelled, organic, and you need organic dirt to put them on after you've soaked them over night. I've yet to do this one =)

Hope I didn't just tell you what you knew already lol.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:45 am 
Elephant

wow.... ummmm hmmmmm. good thing I like sticking my hand in a bag of sunflower seeds and eating them hahaha. Sprouting sounds like a lot of work that I may not have time for...... Think I will forgo that idea for a bit until my schedule either calms down or I can rearrange my rountine (hate that idea. I swear I may have a slight case of Asperger's). I honestly hate change it throws me off until I find the true benefits of the changes I have made. Little background info.... I have depression and anxiety. I have been diagnosed with Adult ADHD, Borderline personality disorder and Bipolar ONLY because they can't exatly figure out what is going on with me. Have I seen any of the quack since?? HELL NO!!! I have found that a lot of my problems cleared up with diet and LOTS of exercise. I guess I was really bad for a long time and my mom says I have made a dramatic change and am much easier to deal with now. I don't do well in social situations unless I have the few close friends I do have around which isn't often. I can make people laugh but don't often get their humor or get easily insulted or offended cause I tend to take their humor wrong. That is a little bit more about me so if you notice way to much routine and consistancy you will understand it is what I need to function on a daily basis. Yes it interfers with what others want to do with me but I can't exactly help it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:31 pm 
Elephant

Boring day stuck inside watching the rain fall AGAIN! Gym looks to be closing and transferring memberships to another gym (busting up my routine....). I am trying to stay positive through this little gym change but um if I lose my BBs I will cry and throw a fit.......

Breakfast: 2/3c dry oats, 1 banana, 2 tbsp dark chocolate PB
Snack: 2 scoops protein powder, 1c black grapes, 2 mandarin oranges
Lunch: Salad, apple, pineapple, 2 carrots, celery stalk w/ peanut butter and raisins
Snack: large green monster
Post workout: 2 scoops protein powder
Bedtime snack: 1 serving Vega One chocolate

Cardio: 60 min boot camp I need to breakdown what is done but it changes biweekly....

Chest/triceps
Incline DB press: 2 warmup sets 20 lbs 10 reps, 2 sets 30 lbs 10 reps
Iso lat chest press: 2 warmup sets 15 lbs 10 reps, 2 sets 30 lbs 15 reps
Pushups: 4 sets 10 reps
Decline machine press: 1 warmup set 45 lbs 10 reps, 3 sets 65 lbs 15 reps
Machine dips: 1 set 60 lbs 12 reps, 2 sets 75 lbs 12 reps
Cable rope overhead tricep extension: 1 warmup set 40 lbs 10 reps, 2 sets 50 lbs 15 reps
Tricep pressdown: 1warmup set 45 lbs 10 reps, 2 sets 50 lbs 12 reps

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:21 am 
Elephant

Ok so I forgot to mention... Monday was my weight in day... Starting weight 187 new weight 186 happy with my 1 lb loss. Curious about how my body is adjusting to the new changes in diet so stepped on the scale... it moved down but won't say to what. Totally excited. Might hit my goal weight sooner than Dec!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:16 pm 
Elephant

So I have been sitting on this little bit of info all day and I can finally blab it!! I am now down to 184 lbs. That is exactly 81 lbs down and 39 to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Went to the store and tried on some smaller scrub pants. I only grabbed the Mediums and they fit but for how much longer I don't know. For a cheat I made myself some banana ice cream but had to thin it out so it would blend and used almond milk for that and added a tbsp of white chocolate peanut butter YUMMMMM. Won't eat it all tonight but will enjoy what I do eat.

Breakfast: 2/3c oats, 2 tbsp dark chocolate dream, 1 banana
Snack: 2 mandarin oranges, 1c black grapes, 2 scoops protein powder
Lunch: Salad, 10 red grapes, 1 celery stalk w/ peanut butter and cranberries, 2 carrots, 8 pineapple, 2 scoops protein powder
Snack: green monster
Post workout: 2 scoops protein powder
Supper: tropical fruit protein smoothie
Snack: banana ice cream

Cardio: AM walk around track 20 min, 50 min yoga, 25 min elliptical cross training program 3 different resistances

Legs
Leg extensions (1 1/2 rep): 2 warmup sets 45 lbs 10 reps, 3 sets 60 lbs 20 reps
Partial leg extension: 1 set 90, 75, 60,45,30 lbs 50 reps, 1 set 105,90,75,60,45 lbs 50 reps (every 10 reps drop weight)
Leg press: 1 warmup set 180 lbs 10 reps, 2 sets 230 lbs 60 reps
Walking lunges: 1 warmup set 12 reps each leg no weight, 2 sets 30 lbs 12 reps each leg (no idea what the bar weighted so only
counting plates)
Stiff-leg deadlift: 3 sets 85 lbs 15 reps

I can say I will be glad when this program is done. Not liking the high reps at all. Granted I am seeing nice results because of but ready to move on. Wish it wasn't a 12 week program now....

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:01 pm 
Manatee

yay all around!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:04 pm 
Elephant

I need to do my measurements soon too

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:11 am 
Elephant

You know what is really cool? Is that your weight loss is not just 81lbs of fat utilitized up for your metabolism (like someone dieting by just cutting calories), you also have been gaining muscle mass and are getting healthier and healthier! That is what is so cool! Though I am partial to the muscle mass part ^.^ of course....

I also like how you are utilizing the nice weather for outdoor hiking as for one of your exercising sessions. Mental health there in my book. And on that note, the trail is calling to me today. . . so I am off to see more painted turtles, garter snakes, and listen to froggies! And now the violets are blooming on the banks of the trail! Good day today......

CONGRATS!!!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1483 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 99  Next