Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1483 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 99  Next
 Post subject: Re: Synny's training journal
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:22 am 
Elephant

Congrats Synny! On the scale reading, and having one of the BBers doodle in your book!

I was just thinking about how long you have journeyed this far. Your first post was back in Dec 20. In 4 months, you have done this amazing transformation (outside and in). I get excited for you thinking what you could do in the next 4 months!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:10 am 
Elephant

Next 4 months I will reach my goal weight and working on building up my muscle. Might be checking into the services of a plastic surgeon to help with an excess skin issue that I would like to donate to a skin graph bank so that people can have skin to start the healing process. Will probably switch to a powder glutamine and mix it in with my protein shake for after my workouts. I have a date tomorrow night and thinking I should probably eat lighter in the calorie department cause he is taking me out for Thai. Even though I will probably order steamed vegetables with tofu and spring rolls it is better to be safe than sorry right??

I don't make excuses... I make results

If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:36 am 
Rabbit

Thai food is my weakness. I always go crazy.

Good luck on the date!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:46 am 
Elephant

Thanks it is date number 2 and he is so nice he is doormat nice.... I also just set up an appointment to meet with a personal trainer to discuss hiring him and what he can offer me. I know he isn't up to date on plant based diets but I know he can give me a general outline of a diet he wants me on and I can nail it down from there. He already knows my goal and is willing to help me get there we just need to discuss price, how hard he is willing to push me, and how often he wants to work with me/how often he wants me training by myself. I also need to ensure it won't be a group training that it will be 1 on 1 so that I get pushed harder.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:12 am 
Rabbit

Hm. I hear ya on the doormat nice. I can't do that. I would (unintentionally) run straight over them. Maybe he has an edge you haven't seen ;-)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:39 am 
Elephant

I really dont think he does... Been talking for a week now and honestly he isn't my type but will give him a chance.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:37 pm 
Rabbit

Aw. At least enjoy the Thai food! We have ONE Thai restaurant around here... and it's new... and mostly takeout. There is another one that is seasonal but not open yet. The people at the first one have to have things explained to them a looot.... makes me nervous. The other one, I walk in and the lady is like "NO FISH SAUCE! SEVEN STAR HOT FOR YOU!" (out of three) Haha. She's so cute.

(Cedar Point--an amusement park-- is in the city I work in. We JUST got a Chinese restaurant in the town I live in. I cook a lot.)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:09 pm 
Elephant

I will go with a simple steamed plate of veggies and tofu and spring rolls. Can't afford to indulge much right now

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:23 pm 
Elephant

I normally dread cardio with a passion but today a friend joined me and we talked the entire time and for once I enjoyed the step mill!!! Was cardio only day and my shoulders are thanking me. 2 days of direct and indirect lifting has taken its toll on them and they are barking tired. I realized it in yoga when I was trying to do tabletop core move..... think I am going to go get into a nice warm bubble bath to soothe my achy body.

Cardio: 40 min lvl 4 step mill fat burner program, 50 min yoga, 25 min walk with dog

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:46 am 
Elephant

Not sure I like what my tummy is telling me this morning. I have already had breakfast and my morning supplements and it is telling me it is STILL hungry. Really??? I just have to make wise choices if I eat extra today; fruits, salad, maybe even some rice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:36 am 
Elephant

Ok so I had my dinner date last night. Dinner was gingery goodness but the company..... well let's just say I like nerdy guys but WOW he was blowing the nerd chart up. Again he was super nice and didn't want to many any decisions other than his dinner. He wanted to order us Thai egg rolls but I had to remind him of the egg in the egg rolls....so we had spring rolls which are my favorite anyway :) fully expected to step on the scale this morning and see a horribly large number but it said 180.4 which means that will be off in no time! I don't know why I am also on a vinegar kick as of late. I cook with it, use it straight out of the bottle on my salads and now I am using raw apple cider vinegar in my water.... Any idea why????

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:43 am 
Rabbit

HA, I said the same thing about a guy last year! "Now, I like nerdy, but WOH!"
I ALSO love spring rolls.... the fresh kind... often called "summer rolls". *note to self, post that recipe*

Vinegar is pretty good for you. I take shots of Bragg's ACV sometimes. Helps with your body's alkalinity. I've found that ACV in water is really energizing... almost like caffeine. Just make sure you don't brush your teeth RIGHT afterward, because it'll take the enamel with it. Use a straw, if you can.

:-)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:52 am 
Elephant

I always drink with a straw. Otherwise I miss my mouth lol. But yeah the date wasa whole other level of nerdy. He was quoting sy fy shows and movies....

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:12 am 
Rabbit

Haha. You know how sometimes before a guy is official... they have a nickname? ...mine was geek boy.... he had a lisp.... was a Junior High band director.... wore his pants too high (in the waist AND the ankle).... and we always payed separately.....

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:08 am 
Elephant

I know exactly how Penny feels on Big Bang Theory.... I really don't know if I should try to take it further or just run screaming now. I love it when guys have a nerdy side but not the whole personality. I wish I had a large bowl of salt and vinegar kettle chips, venti soy cinnamon dolce latte with a couple extra shots and chocolate peanut butter pie to drown in right now. I really need to learn to say no to guys whom I have no interest in or feel that it can't go any further....

Last edited by Synny667 on Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1483 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 99  Next