Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1471 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 99  Next
 Post subject: Re: Synny's training journal
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 7:52 pm 
Elephant

Gaia trainer is an awesome guy said he will give me my macro numbers and leave the diet up to me but wants to know what I will be eating lol. He has a shop that I will go to that is all free weight/body weight which I LOVE cause I really hate a lot of the machines cause I tend to get lazy and lose form. He wants me to do a 3 day split of chest/shoulders/tris, legs, back/biceps 2 of which I will work with him and I think I will alternate between chest and back days with him. I will keep going to my gym and he likes the idea of me keeping boot camp in the mix as a way to do my cardio. Yeah as for the oreos..... my options were chocolate covered graham crackers, angel food cake, potato chips, oreos, ice cream or honey nut cheerios.... the fruit was old and yucky looking lol. Yeah all I could handle was 2 oreos. They really didn't even taste good to me

I don't make excuses... I make results

If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you

Post subject: Synny's training journal
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 7:58 pm 
Elephant

Are honey nut Cheerios vegan?

https://www.youtube.com/user/doctorvannostrand100

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 8:17 pm 
Elephant

Today was a pretty good day other than listening to man drama...... lord men whine when they can't get any!!!! BLAHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Really tired of being the punching bag and feeling like I have to Rupologize (my new word) for their lives messing up! One day I will learn not to be the punching bag and start punching back!

Breakfast: 1/2c oats cooked in water, 2 tbsp dark chocolate dreams, 1 banana
Snack: 1 orange, 2 servings protein powder
Lunch: half block tofu, 8 oz broccoli, 1/2 onion, 1/4c brown rice cooked in water, 1/2 tbsp coconut oil, 2 tbsp rice vinegar, 1 tsp coconut aminos, 1 tsp chili garlic sauce
Snack: Same as lunch minus the rice add in small sweet potato
Post workout: 5 glutamine chewable tablets, 2 servings protein powder
Bedtime snack: 1c frozen fruit blended with 2 servings protein powder and water and 5 glutamine tables

Cardio: 25 min walk with dog, 15 min step mill lvl 5 fat burner, 50 min yoga
Legs
Warmups:
Walking lunges: 2 sets 20 reps, 2 sets 25 lbs 20 reps, 1 set 50 lbs 20 reps
Squats: 1 set 20 lbs, 4 sets 45 lbs 20 reps
Leg press: 2 sets 270 lbs 10 reps, 2 sets 300 lbs 8 reps
Seated leg curl: 4 sets 105 lbs 10 reps
Leg extension: 2 sets 75 lbs 10 reps, 2 sets 90 lbs 10 reps
Giant set:
Lying leg raises: 3 sets 20 reps
Crunch: 3 sets 20 reps
Twists: 3 sets 20 reps

Last edited by Synny667 on Wed May 02, 2012 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 8:18 pm 
Elephant

Nope not in the least lol.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:28 am 
Elephant

Wow been so long since my glutes and I have talked. Today they are screaming at me. Gonna hate to see what the trainer has in store for leg day!

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 2:16 pm 
Elephant

Your trainer sounds pretty cool, at least from your perspective - and that is all that counts! Make sure you give him pointers on how to motivate you to push pass plateaus and reach for new goals. And you can teach him all about being a vegan athlete since he wants to know what you are eating!

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 2:22 pm 
Elephant

I will be his first vegan and future competitor. He is a great guy and likes to push his clients so excited to start tomorrow

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 6:07 pm 
Elephant

Soooo I decided to give my tummy a bit of a break from tofu this weekend and will be making white bean and roasted mushroom soup, balsamic roasted mushrooms and brussels sprouts, and coconut-lemon meltaways (raw cookies). I plan on sharing the cookies lol! Today is just going to be cardio since I am going to start with the trainer tomorrow so boot camp in 90 mins! I might go up early and get a lil step mill in just to get my juices flowing to my sore lower body. By the time I get home I will be to pooped to journal so night all!

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 2:31 pm 
Elephant

So I was out running an errand and started craving a creamy blended coffee drink loaded with sugar and calories but opted for a passion green tea. Got back to work and fixed me a ice water with raw apple cider in it. They sure did hit the spot

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 6:24 pm 
Elephant

Awesome choice! Sounds refreshing.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 8:31 pm 
Elephant

Ok first day with trainer and I thought I liked him before but now... I luvs him!! I don't like that we will be doing my body fat %, BMI and weight at the end of the day after all the food I eat......He had me doing 2 things I never would have done on my own. He wants me on a 1605 calorie diet which means I now have to majorly tweak my diet!!!! Any ideas on how to do it??? I intend on cutting my peanut butter and banana intake in half but need more than that. Wish me luck on that lol. He is letting me keep my cinnamon roll once a week yay!!! Finally starting to feel better after the major thrashing I dished out on legs day.

Breakfast: 1/2c dry oats cooked in water, 2 tbsp dark chocolate dreams, 1 banana
Snack: 2 naval oranges, 2 servings protein powder
Lunch: 8 oz tofu, 8 oz broccoli, 1/4 onion, 1/4 dry brown rice cooked, 1/2 tbsp coconut oil, 2 tbsp rice vinegar, 1 tsp chili garlic sauce, 1 tsp coconut aminos
Snack: 8 oz tofu, 8 oz broccoli, 1 small sweet potato, 1/4 onion, 1/2 tbsp coconut oil, 2 tbsp rice vinegar, 1 tsp chili garlic sauce, 1 tsp coconut aminos
Post workout: 1 packet vega recovery accelerator, 1 1/2c frozen fruit, 2 servings protein powder
Bedtime: 2 servings protein powder

Cardio: 15 min walk around the track, 50 min yoga, 30 min step mill manual lvl 5

Incline pull ups: 3 sets 15 reps my forearms were on fire!!!! Even my trainer was like damn those are pretty solid.
Superset
Band rows: 3 sets 20 reps
Upright row: 2 sets 15 lbs 20 reps 1 set 20 lbs 20 reps
Superset
Band assisted pull ups: 2 sets 15 reps, 1 set 20 reps
Dumbbell bicep curl: 3 sets 15 lbs 15 reps
Giant set
Ez bar curl: 1 set 35 lbs 20 reps, 2 sets 40 lbs 20 reps
Double crunch: 3 sets 20 reps
Bent over reverse flye: 3 sets 15 lbs 20 reps
Superset
Superman: 2 sets 1 min
Plank: 2 sets 1 min

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 8:31 am 
Elephant

Synny667 wrote:
Snack: 8 oz tofu, 8 oz broccoli, 1 small sweet potato, 1/4 onion, 1/2 tbsp coconut oil, 2 tbsp rice vinegar, 1 tsp chili garlic sauce, 1 tsp coconut aminos

Idea: Make this a salad instead, and take 1 scoop of protein powder from the bedtime's 2 scoops of protein powder (one should be good for the nighttime, as you have 2 scoops after your workout - which is when you need it the most).

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:51 am 
Elephant

I usually sautee that together into like a stir-fry. I am not a fan of raw onions :) I sometimes forget to take my bedtime shake and since I usually journal long before bed I add it in just in case I remember Each serving is only 56 calories and only has 11g protein. I would love to be able to afford a higher quality protein but that is why I double up....

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 10:22 am 
Elephant

In an effort to lower my calorie intake and keep my protein intake high I pulled out my Get Healthy, Go Vegan cookbook... So far I have found a couple recipes that are gluten free and don't use tofu in them. I am trying to cut back on my tofu intake from an entire block down to half a block would be nice lol. Found a baker at farmer's market willing to make a peach coconut mango crumble for me that is vegan and gluten free. I just need to talk her into cutting the sugar content from 3/4c down to maybe 1/4c. I really want to enjoy the flavors of the peach and mango melding together in blissful harmony :)

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 4:22 pm 
Elephant

I am more concerned for the hunger pangs that might come from cutting your portions in half. I just wanted you to know that salad fixings: veggies actually, can be eaten in mass quantities and not raise your caloric intake that much! LOL! A head of lettuce doesn't do much for the tastebuds though, but it fills the stomach! Sort of . . . sugar pea pods and sweet red bell peppers and grape tomatoes are also good for munching on and filling up the tummy.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1471 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 99  Next