Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1483 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 99  Next
 Post subject: Re: Synny's training journal
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 6:07 am 
Elephant

Oh trust me I hang on a lot. But I really do like it. I can target my calves better. Plus I do kickbacks and walk sideways on it. Girl has to target trouble areas

I don't make excuses... I make results

If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 6:54 am 
Elephant

It didn't take much for water retention to go down and I must say ty scale!!! 175.4!!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:59 am 
Elephant

Yay! Today the scale gets praise from me too!

It is weird how the body retains so much water! Try and figure out what foods are probably doing it to your own specific body (carbs, sugars, fats, and protein (powders perhaps?).

Hahahahah. An image of me trying to go sideways on the StepMill just popped into my head. The image ended with me on the ground in a big heap in the cardio area! With my legs all twisted.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:15 am 
Elephant

I know I am sodium sensitive but I think part of it might have been the BBQ sammy I had on my high calorie day. I am sure the sodium content is high. Topped off with 8 hrs sitting in the car not moving my legs or doing any kind of exercising didn't help matters. Just glad to see the scale going down :) I wait till the program hits a slow speed before I do the sidestepping and kickbacks. It is the one machine where I actually feel like I am doin something instead of going through the motions. Have to stay focused on the step mill or I would fall off myself.

Been thinking it is time for me to start doing something more with my life. I know the profession I am in is an honorable one but frankly I am burnt out on it and didn't have any intention of being a CNA for this long. What I want to do I have no clue to be honest. I want something that A) pays better, B) offers benefits and C) has me interacting with people instead of isolated in a home taking care of 1 person. Mostly it boils down to really needing A and B... C is just a wish lol. I am really tired of doing without. I can't afford to invest in my future, struggle paycheck to paycheck, cry when others get a paid vacation while I work 6 days a week, and pay outragous doctor bills cause I have to pay for the entire visit myself.... What to do what to do...........

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 6:26 pm 
Elephant

You can start looking into things you might like to do. Can you combine your CNA with exercise? It doesn't take long to get an exercise certificate for something. I wonder what the nearest hospital has to offer in the way of exercise classes, or a rehabilitation facility might have that you could investigate the different jobs they have there.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:18 pm 
Elephant

social work has great benefits, good vacation time, and good job security, and youre doing good work, but the pay isn't great. and some people burn out. however, the schooling is relatively easy but definitely go to a public school so you dont have a ton of loans afterwards. and after you get your masters and get a few years of experience you can go into private practice.

https://www.youtube.com/user/doctorvannostrand100

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:01 pm 
Elephant

I have thought about going into sports specific therapy and become a PTA. I am tired of working with seniors and want to work with people my own age or at least closer to my age.

Today was a rather boring day..... I did 55 min boot camp (ouch!!! she killed it tonight), 30 min walk with my pup this morning and did 45 min step mill at lvl 6 fat burner program. Had to stop a couple times to adjust my sock it felt bunched up under my toes. I think I sweat more with doing the step mill after boot camp than I do before hand. My left hip is sore so I might have to take a break from the step mill which sucks!!!!

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 6:21 am 
Elephant

173.8 this morning I am a bit surprised to be honest but will take it and run. Means 3 lbs away from reaching goal #2 goal #1 was getting out of the 200s. Goal #3 is getting to 140

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 9:14 pm 
Elephant

Today was an annoying day for me from the moment I stepped off the scale this morning. My morning walk sucked couldn't get into it but forced it, was extremely off balance in yoga and fell over a couple times, couldn't get enough coffee in my system today and work..... yeah I wanted to leave not long after I got there. I did get good news though I dont have to be a work at 7:30am tomorrow afterall!!!! I do get a 2 day weekend but it kills my paycheck....

Cardio: 30 min walk around track, 45 min elliptical, 50 min yoga

Legs
supersetted tke squats (no rest): 3 sets 20 reps each leg
superset
box squats: 1 set 20 reps, 2 sets 20 lbs 20 reps
single leg deadlift: 3 sets 25 lbs 20 reps each leg
superset
sled push: 3 sets 125 lbs??? down and back twice
walking lunges: 3 sets down and back twice
superset
tke reverse lunges: 3 sets 15 reps
sumo squats: 1 set 35 lbs 20 reps, 2 sets 45 lbs 20 reps

I feel beyond exhausted and I need to stretch out good and proper or I am not going to function well tomorrow. I drank my protein shake and was kinda hungry so I popped a date and was in sugary heaven, although I wish it had been a prune.......

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 9:49 pm 
Elephant

Luckily, night time comes, and all is dark. Crawl into bed, and if you are blessed you will fall unconscious for hours. And then the day will begin anew, and maybe this time it can turn out alright!

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 6:04 am 
Elephant

I am looking forward to a well deserved 2 days off this weekend. That wil help perk things up

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 7:28 am 
Elephant

COME ON JUNE 2nd!!!!!!!!!!!!! Going to watch my first competition ever and so excited. I know at least 4 people competing 1 of which is near and dear to my heart. I pick up my ticket tonight. I will be studying that stage closely that is for sure! The scale said 173.8 again today but I did a killer leg workout so really didn't expect much in the way of a loss today. I will see one tomorrow I am sure. I have to remember to take it easy in boot camp tonight cause I don't dare do legs again today. Well maybe some squat jumps and squat thrusts but no lunges lol. Feeling perkier today despite Teddy trying to take off after a bunny and wanting to pull me into a ditch to do it.... silly basset mommy weights more and is stronger..... winner-MOMMY!!

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 7:47 am 
Elephant

omg great job on the weight!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/user/doctorvannostrand100

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 7:53 am 
Elephant

Thanks it has been a long hard struggle thus far and nowhere near my ultimate goal but I am 96.2 lbs closer to it. I want to have lost the 100 lbs plus some by Mayhem. I already know what I am going to wear!!!! I feel like a lil kid going to Disney World (never been to either Disney Land or World....)

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 10:18 am 
Elephant

I totally didn't pack an extra snack and am surrounded by trash food. I luckily was close to a starbucks and knew they had 2 thing I could have... I opted for Two Moms in the Raw blueberry granola bar:) I could have gotten oatmeal but the granola bar sounded much better

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1483 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 99  Next