Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1483 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 99  Next
 Post subject: Re: Synny's training journal
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:07 pm 
Elephant

I plan on running the roads in the morning and treadmill at night. I can track my runs better on the treadmill. Need to get some pants that fit so I am not constantly pulling them up while I run. I dont have cool places to run here

I don't make excuses... I make results

If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:09 pm 
Elephant

congrats on 101! just be careful with the running, can be hard on the joints overtime and muscles initially..

https://www.youtube.com/user/doctorvannostrand100

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:52 pm 
Elephant

I can only run a quarter of a mile at a time

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:38 pm 
Elephant

Horrible day today at work just horrible!! My poor client couldn't keep anything down and she isn't sick! She had to be scoped last night due to a blockage and it irritated her throat so bad that anytime she consumed something it came back up :( I think her daughter was playing freeze out and she won. I had to make an escape outside to the heat to warm up lol. Kinda nice sitting outside reading a book.

Cardio: ?? min walk/run road run this am... I forgot to time myself lol. tomorrow I take my basset with me! 30 min walk/run on treadmill run speeds were 5.5 first run, 6.0 second run, 6.5 third run and 7.0 fourth run (really proud of myself)

Chest/shoulders/tricpes
Flat bench press: 45 lbs 20 reps, 75 lbs 12 reps, 75 lbs 12 reps, 80 lbs 10 reps (finally able to push myself on these!)
superset
Flat bench flye: 15 lbs 20 reps, 20 lbs 20 reps, 20 lbs 20 reps, 25 lbs 10 reps
Stability ball crunches: 25 reps, 30 reps, 6 lbs 30 reps, 15 lbs 30 reps
superset
Arnold press: 15 lbs 20 reps, 20 lbs 20 reps, 20 lbs 15 reps
Kickbacks: 15 lbs 20 reps, 15 lbs 20 reps, 15 lbs 20 reps
superset
Pushdown with orange band: 20 reps, 20 reps, 20 reps
Plate raise: 25 lbs 15 reps, 25 lbs 15 reps, 25 lbs 15 reps

Since Wednesday is a holiday I am hitting my trainer up in the morning for legs! Still debating on doing boot camp tomorrow night... Will see what the scale says since I had a sodium weekend.... Everything I ate was loaded and I am trying to drop that water weight.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:23 pm 
Elephant

I did legs today but forgot to write everything down.... Lets just say that I pushed myself hard and didn't complain. That is one reason my trainer likes working with me.... I do exactly as he says no matter how heavy or hard it seems! So got the day off so I went shopping at consignment stores and goodwill. I seriously need to go out on a nice date now!!!! To someplace nice that I have never been to. Sigh.... So new build your burrito type place is open in my town and yeah LOVE IT way more than Chipotle!!! They have pineapple mango salsa!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments:
MM.jpg
MM.jpg [ 140 KiB | Viewed 771 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:25 pm 
Elephant

Damn girl, you can rock those heels! guess you gotta practice for your figure show!! I'd be on my ass in two seconds lol.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:31 pm 
Elephant

Girl as soon as I got home those shoes went on! I was still in my gym clothes too. I love heels now that I am not heavy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:26 am 
Elephant

Mmmmmm pineapple mango salsa!

and yeah, the heels rock!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:12 am 
Elephant

Yesterday was a bit of a rest day although I did 30 min on one of the stationary bikes and 50 min of yoga. Enjoyed some time outside and played in my garden a bit. I have a cardinal nest in my backyard so I took a peek at the chicks. They are just so precious!! Ate good but missed lunch due to making cinnamon applesauce, spiced peach preserves and 2 kinds of cherry preserves. Will be canning some today at work since they have a dishwasher that can sterilize the jars. Ate to much kettle corn last night while catching up on the Tour de France. No worries I made the kettle corn myself :) I think my body is happy with yesterdays rest day and slight refuel!

Gaia I love those heels! Not to mention they will help me to learn to walk that stage and make me feel more girlie :) That pineapple mango salsa was to die for!

Annoyed with this mandatory water restriction due to water pump failure that is only affecting my town!! With no rain in sight and can't turn on my hose my garden is looking to shrivel up.... MY ASS!!!! I found a slight way around this hehe. I took a 10 quart bucket into the shower with me so that it could catch some water so that I could give my plants a little bit of water and will be grabbing several gallons while at work. I need my peppers for winter cooking and my zucchini so I can make my zucchini bread also for this winter. Hoping my gourds come in!! I need to get a sheet over them today to help protect them from this sun since we are under a heat advisory until Saturday and looking at triple digits without the heat index......

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:36 pm 
Elephant

Ok good day until I got a text from my sister saying this guy I am seeing brought me flowers (roses which I detest with a passion) and put them in my domain..... I have serious privacy issues and don't want someone coming into my room without my permission unless it is my mother. And I had told him not to come to my home while I am at work. I am not talking to him right now....

Cardio: Boot camp 55 min, tonight I did a running walking combo but ran more than I walked 40 mins speed 5.5 (ran half mile twice nonstop!!!!!)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:08 pm 
Elephant

Singleness again! No more drama and unhappiness

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:20 pm 
Elephant

nice. i need to learn a lesson and stop dating ppl from my gym. its not worth it!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:55 pm 
Elephant

He wasn't from the gym thank goodness! He was just an overly emotional clingy type of who after just 2 months of seeing each other declared he loved me.....

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:54 am 
Elephant

Well Monday I change my diet to a stricter menu in hopes that the weight will come off a little easier. I went out to see a friend last night and I wore outfit above. I looked good and felt great!

Cardio: 30 min walk run combo, 50 min yoga

Back/ biceps
Band lat pulldown: 3 sets 20 reps
Band row: 3 sets 20 reps
Band narrow pulldown: 3 sets 20 reps
1 arm dumbbell row: 3 sets 25 lbs 20 reps
Shrug: 1 set 115 lbs 20 reps, 1 set 135 lbs 20 reps, 155 lbs 20 reps (glad I invested in straps!!!!)
Back extenstion: 3 sets 12 lbs 20 reps
Ezbar curl: 3 set 45 lbs 15 reps
Reverse crunch: 3 sets 30 reps
Concentration curl: 3 sets 10 lbs 15 reps
Standing side crunch: 2 sets 35 lbs 20 reps, 1 set 45 lbs 20 reps

Trainer said in a couple weeks once my diet is in order and I am adjusted we will start working on building strength and cut back on reps! Super excited about that cause that means I will get to go heavier!!!! Playing around with trying to find a protein powder flavor I love! Tried chocolate peanut butter cup, next will be pina colada and who knows what flavor next!!! Will probably stick with a basic vanilla so it can be blended with anything. I couldn't give up my coffee but going to cut my ties with Starbucks and going to just go to my vegan coffeehouse and buy a pound of coffee every week and just go that route. Time to support the little man and get away from the big man!!! Went to market and got some tomatoes to start crushing and freezing for the winter. I will be living off tortilla soup and sweet potato chili. With the yummy peppers I am growing I will be able to have super yummy healthy hearty food this winter. Something tells me it might be a rough one....... Also have half a watermelon, a full cantaloupe, peaches I need to get either eaten, frozen or canned for later use. Teddy I know will help me with the watermelon!!!! And tomorrow I will have the last treat for 3 months. I am seriously trying to get my mind in the cutting game. I want to be mentally prepared for it when it is crunch time. Started pricing out the suits.... all I can say is OUCH!!!!!!!! The one I like is $375 but as long as I compete more than 1 season I know it will pay for itself so I have to look at that aspect. Need to start studying youtube for hair and makeup tips and posing... so much to do so little time!!!! I am loving it!! I think even my coach is getting excited about this process!!! I have people telling me I should go with an experienced coach but even the experienced ones have to start out as a novice. I am babbling but this is more for me to remember what needs to be done in case I lose my list and forget lol. Oh and I need to find someone who waxes and is damn good at it.... Ok time to head to work!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:05 am 
Elephant

Ok since I have no confidence in being able to run a 5k obstacle course yet... I just signed up to volunteer for Rugged Maniac! Which grants me free entry into a future race! I think it would be an awesome even to volunteer at. Now to work in my running.... lol. I think I will save my running for charities and volunteer for the fun runs :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1483 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 99  Next