Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1483 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 99  Next
 Post subject: Re: Synny's training journal
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:22 am 
Elephant

Mouth still hurts and I want food! I ate a little oatmeal but drank it..... Substance is needed so tomorrow I will be eating even if it hurts to eat!

I don't make excuses... I make results

If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:47 pm 
Elephant

How about a creamy potato soup? When I had mouth surgery in my late teens, and had to have my whole mouth wired together while it healed, I drank soup and smoothies all the time. Make sure you put some oil of some sort in the soup to keep you feeling full for awhile. Sorry about your wisdom teeth having to be pulled - that just Sucks! Maybe your green monster smoothies will help in the healing also!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:59 pm 
Elephant

I didn't have the money to buy any food to help me heal. Trust me I would loved to have drank green monsters the past couple days! Luckily I had applesauce and apple butter in the freezer for the winter and a large container of peanut butter. It has helped me along with protein shakes. By tomorrow I will be eating food again but taking it easy on cardio. I did my weights and went to do cardio halfway through I had to call it quits cause the pull sight was throbbing something fierce. At least I got 36 min of cardio and all my weight training in :) Will be glad to eat some tofu and broccoli tomorrow!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:22 am 
Elephant

Ok this makes me feel good!!! My dog is embracing a vegetarian diet!! Unfortunately my step dad still gives him meat behind my back. My sister also treats him once in a while to some plain ground turkey. He is on a vegetarian dog food with treats of watermelon, asparagus, zucchini, cucumbers, green beans, apples, peaches (minus the pit and only small amount), carrots and snap peas. Those are his favorites by far!!! I am trying to work on his weight to keep it down so that we can keep health issues to a minimum. Plus this gives me another excuse to sneak in extra cardio hahaha. But I am so glad he is enjoying his new diet!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:24 pm 
Elephant

I got home from work/gym and found a package on my bed. It is a lunch crock!!!! I can now start my lunch in the morning and then take it to work to finish up and I won't ever have to change container to transfer it either. I wonder what it would do for my morning oatmeal???? Just might have to try it tonight!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:54 pm 
Elephant

LOVE my new lunch crock!!!! My lunch was warmed perfectly and if it was a size bigger I could add in my rice!!! Not a terribly bad day to be honest but rather a nasty boring day! Although I did get a rate decrease with my trainer today because my sister is now training. I honestly thought she wasn't going to go today but she surprised me. I leave it up to her and ask so she has a choice in the matter. I think my trainer is turning me into a beast hehe. I want to make some tank tops that say beast in training :). I slacked on cardio today. I really should have done the step mill first and 10 min left to go I just couldn't talk my legs into finishing out. Will make up for it tomorrow. I really should make a pitcher of iced decaf coffee for at night when I crave coffee

Cardio: 32 min treadmill 15% incline 3.2 speed, 20 min step mill lvl 5 fat burner

Chest/triceps/shoulders
Flat bench press:
45 lbs 15 reps
70 lbs 15 reps
85 lbs 12 reps
95 lbs 10 reps
Oblique crunch on ball: 3 sets 20 reps
Incline flye:
20 lbs 15 reps
25 lbs 12 reps
30 lbs 10 reps
Pushups-deep: 3 sets 15 reps
Reverse crunch: 3 sets 20 reps
Arnold press:
20 lbs 15 reps
20 lbs 15 reps
30 lbs 10 reps
Tricep pressdown: 3 sets 20 reps
Tricep Kickback: Drop set followed by 2 normal sets.....
15 lbs 15 reps
10 lbs 15 reps
8 lbs 15 reps
5 lbs 15 reps
2.5lbs 15 reps
15 lbs 15 reps
15 lbs 15 reps
Side delt raise: Drop set followed by 2 normal sets
15 lbs 10 reps
10 lbs 10 reps
8 lbs 10 reps
5 lbs 10 reps
2.5lbs 10 reps
10 lbs 10 reps
10 lbs 10 reps

I am really glad I am not doing boot camp for a couple more weeks.... My trainer is taking full advantage of that and liking it! I think he is getting a bit antsy to get to the bulking stage cause that means he gets to use his favorite saying to me as he ups the weight... You make that look to easy with his evil grin. I got a bruise over the weekend from heaving a weight plate over my shoulder and posted a pic of it though you can't really see it in the pic he STILL got excited and was like BATTLE SCAR!!!! His GF called me crazy and my dear mentor called me monster and to take it easy.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:22 pm 
Elephant

Yes the wait is almost over!!!! Forget reaching my goal I am to impatient we are going straight for the bulk!!!!!! Trainer is on board and ready to see my body react. Frankly I am just ready to lift heavy things like a beast and flex and have muscles!!! I need to seriously work on my diet so that I can ensure I get enough protein and carbs to fuel me for my sessions. Will keep my cardio sessions to 45 min/day. Went to get my temporary crown done today and going to have to go back to have it adjusted. It is going to affect my bite. Lived off of smoothies today due to my mouth being sore and cut up a bit from the dentist being a lil rough....

Cardio: 42 min walk

Legs
TKE: 3 sets 20 reps
Body weight squats: 3 sets 20 reps
Walking lunges: 20 lb DBs 30 reps, 30 lb DBs 24 reps, 35 lb DBs 20 reps
Weighted squats: 85 lbs 15 reps, 95 lbs 12 reps, 120 lbs 10 reps
Step ups: 20 reps, 15 lb DBs 20 reps, 25 lb DBs 12 reps
Reverse lunge TKE: 3 sets 15 reps
Stiff leg deadlift: 45 lbs 20 reps, 65 lbs 20 reps, 85 lbs 20 reps

Feeling my legs already!!!! LOVE LEGS DAY!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:43 pm 
Elephant

awesome! keep it a clean bulk tho!!! you dont want to end up like i did haha

https://www.youtube.com/user/doctorvannostrand100

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:07 pm 
Elephant

I was thinking of doing lots of fruits and vegetables and some nuts and oatmeal. Still going to enjoy a cinnamon roll or 2 every Saturday but not going overboard. Also won't turn down a dinner date now!! Basically what I am doing now but double portions except I will eat more fruit :) today I could of broke down and had cookies and pop tarts to kill a nasty craving but opted for 6 dates and a small bowl of red grapes instead. I will be happy not doing all the cardio and have a bit of a life again. Will find out tomorrow when I can start upping my food intake. I am noticing I don't like processed foods and will pick yummy whole fruit and veggies

Cardio: 32 min treadmill 3.5 15% incline, 30 min elliptical lvl 6 weight loss program

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:08 am 
Elephant

Today my trainer has me starting bulking! Super excited

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:09 am 
Elephant

Enjoy bulking, and feeling the muscles grow! grow! grow! I've gained back 8 lbs already, and my muscle mass is back to its big fullness - but not the bodyfat! But I still need to get my bodyfat down again till vascularity and definition pop out for me to get to the image I have in my head of what I want to look like.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:09 am 
Elephant

I do have to footnote that it will be water weight gain as I am back on creatine.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:43 am 
Elephant

I am going to enjoy this a lot. I already told him I refuse to go above 180 so will be watching the scale slightly but will also be going by how my clothes fit. I don't want to have to go buy fat girl clothes again. Luckily I have 3 pairs of pants that aren't forgiving so when they are tight I will cut back on the fruit and up the cardio a bit. Just hoping that doesn't happen. I know last night I ate a little to much sodium cause my tummy feels big :( so starting my day off with a double mixed berry smoothie (2c mixed berries, 1c coconut milk, 1 1/2c water and 2 scoops rice protein powder). That should help me feel better soon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:51 pm 
Elephant

I just want to say that trying to do low intensity cardio after MONTHS of higher intensity cardio is flipping hard?!?!?! I had to keep a close eye on my heart rate and not get it over 125 per trainer orders.... Ooops guess I better take some songs off my ipod so that I don't kill it with the songs hahahaha. One song had me at 151...... so I got an extra lil burn in there. Must do better tomorrow!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:11 pm 
Elephant

Ok so today was rather a boring day and I managed to forget my notebook which had my grocery list and workouts for the weekend at the hair salon and I can't get it until Monday... Luckily I managed to remember most of my list and got in touch with my trainer who gave me my workouts again. My knee is bothering me so I wonder what is coming...

Cardio: 30 min weight loss program lvl 5

Core
Ball crunch: 5 sets 30 reps
Hanging leg raises: 5 sets 20 reps
Incline sit up: 5 sets 15 reps
Side bend: 35 lbs 15 reps, 3 sets 45 lbs 15 reps, 55 lbs 15 reps

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1483 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 99  Next