Misteradam's journal

Hello!

I am very new to being vegan and I want to get back into shape!

Height: 5' 11"

Weight: around 160

Goals:

- Look good naked

- Be able to run a full mile

- Have an energized and active body

- Discipline myself to maintain good habits

I am starting slow, trying to maintain exercise habitually until I can do it daily without my body being constantly sore.

Edited by misteradam

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FRIDAY DEC. 30TH

meal 1: handful of raw almonds, handful of cherry tomatoes, handful of mushrooms, handful of kale and other leafy greens in rice vinegar and udo oil

meal 2: couple more almonds, peanut butter sandwich, banana, almond milk shake with some horrific tasting yeast flake supplement I had in the pantry

meal 3: home made veggie soup. broth was water, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, red peppers, and a fresh squeezed lemon. contained mushrooms, red potatoes, pearled barley, brown rice, a mixture of various seeds and beans, onions, green beans.. mostly organic and fresh ingredients

Jogging rep ( half mile ) 1 2

Pushup, situp, squat reps ( 10 pushups, 20 situps, 20 squats ) 1 2 3

instead of a 3rd jog I went commando with a paintball gun for an hour.

SATURDAY DEC 31ST

meal 1: leftover soup from last night with an extra lemon, udo oil and horrific yeast flakes, and a cup of coffee.

meal 2: Avacado spinach tomato sandwich on french bread with lemon and wasabi... and 3 pringles =D

the rest of the evening is a new years eve haze, along with most of the next day

MONDAY, JAN. 2ND

meal 1: leftover enchiladas, cup of coffee, shot of jagermeister

meal 2: brown rice and 13 bean bag mix thing, had lentils and sprouts and what have you, and some spinach with udo oil

jogging: 1 2 3

pushup/situp,/squat & dumbell reps (not counting, just performing them until I flop helplessly to the ground): 1 2 3

THURSDAY JAN 5TH

meal 1:mushrooms, onions, a potatoe and udo oil in a tortilla, cup of coffee

meal 2: carrots, almonds, acai juice

meal 3: mashed potatoes with onions, the rest of the mushroom, a lemon, and a blood orange

jogging: I II III

Reps: I II III

3rd workout substituted with another type of cardio, hehe.

FRIDAY JAN. 6TH

meal 1: almonds, carrots, an orange and lemon

meal 2: some awesome soup with red beans, and a seed variety, various veggies

meal 3: Still full, lol

jogging: I II

Reps: I II

third jog substituted with an hour workout. Love building up a sweat!

TUES. JAN 10

Meal 1: leftover (cheeseless) saitan and veggie lathered pizza

Meal 2: avacado, kale mushroom sammich

Meal 3: about a dozen oreos with almond milk

Got two longer sets in today. Pushups are becoming easier, able to do at least 5 more than I could, my form is getting better. However, my right knee annoyed me today while jogging.

WED JAN. 11

meal 1: apple and a banana. and a few almonds

meal 2: leftover barley soup

meal 3: seitan BBQ strips

I did not jog today, but did more pushups than usual. Did some exercising with my dumbells, lawnmower, bicep/tricep and some forearm.

One exercise I used to do all the time that I started again today is a warmup, not sure what the name of it is, but it's just clenching and releasing your fists rapidly, 100x to strengthen your grip and loosen up.

Hello, Kareno. Thank you.

I went vegetarian for a little while, then cut out dairy/eggs too and feel pretty good. I cook more, and am slowly expanding my vegetable vocabulary lol. I have been vegan for a month or two, give or take.. was a gradual shift, the smell of cheese is still alluring.

Good luck with your own new years program. Consistent hard work pays off. The ability to discipline oneself will improve every aspect of life.

THURSDAY JAN 12

meal 1: leftover barley soup ( I made a LOT )

meal 2: red beans, brown rice & hummus

meal 3: macaroni and vegan cheese, made it with almonds and came out pretty good.

no jogging today either, my knee should be nice and rested for tomorrow. just 2 sets of pushup/situp/squat, but did more workout with the weights.

Yeah, cheese will likely be alluring for quite a while. But, if you avoid it long enough, that feeling will eventually go away.

Yea, Karen is totally right. I used to be a big cheese fan, ate it with everything I could. After going vegan, it was a tough transition. I never gave in, which made it easier to pass quickly, but I really missed it. At the time, we didn't even have any decent vegan brands lol, they all had the consistency of rubber & didn't taste too swell.

Now when I smell cheese, I gag. I smell the animal in it, if that makes any sense. Like, it smells like a barn lol.

Thankfully, vegans today have Daiya & Blut Island Sheese <3

FRIDAY JAN. 13

meal 1: last bowl of my barley soup. it's deliciously healthy!

meal 2: an avacado egg roll and some rice and beans.. I think

meal 3: made some awesome vegan nachos with the last of my almond cheese. had onions, green and black olives plus the cheese.

dessert: 4 cherry bombs ( energy drink and a shot of cherry vodka ) and 5 beers

did two sets of my workout rotation and then bashed my elbow on a car door. Pushups became more difficult after that, managed 10, but I expect it to heal up quickly once I re-hydrate in the morning.

Yeah, cheese will likely be alluring for quite a while. But, if you avoid it long enough, that feeling will eventually go away.

Yea, Karen is totally right. I used to be a big cheese fan, ate it with everything I could. After going vegan, it was a tough transition. I never gave in, which made it easier to pass quickly, but I really missed it. At the time, we didn't even have any decent vegan brands lol, they all had the consistency of rubber & didn't taste too swell.

Now when I smell cheese, I gag. I smell the animal in it, if that makes any sense. Like, it smells like a barn lol.

Thankfully, vegans today have Daiya & Blut Island Sheese <3

It makes perfect sense. I haven't eaten any cheese in over a month, just made cheese-less pizza instead lol. The first attempt at making my own cheese left something to be desired. The 2nd attempt with the nachos was much, much better. Almonds made for some nice flavor.

Thank you for the support, I appreciate it! Haven't had Daiya or Blut yet, but I am sure I'll try it sometime : )

Thank you for the support, I appreciate it! Haven't had Daiya or Blut yet, but I am sure I'll try it sometime : )

You're very welcome & I need your cheese recipe lol

Daiya & Sheese can be pricey, if you can even get the latter, but they are quite nice to have on special occasion at least =)

almonds (soaked in water for a bit then peeled ) , lemon juice, garlic powder, salt, nutritional yeast flakes & water liquified in a blender, added some flour and heated it up in a pot until it was nacho cheesey thick. There are other more complicated recipes for cheese I found that involved leaving things overnight and ingredients I had never heard of, but this works for me for now!

You are most welcome. Let me know if you try to make your own cheesy recipe and how it turns out. I didn't follow the measurements exactly (I would give them if I remembered) and seasoned it to taste when I made mine.

SATURDAY JAN 14TH

meal 1: almonds, a few carrots and an apple. Ran out of coffee and was forced to go caffeine-less. Not a bad thing but I still frowned and wrinkled my brow in dismay momentarily.

meal 2: mushroom sammich, basically half a baked portabella shroom on sourdough with wasabi and hummus.

meal 3: avacado gyoza, steamed. made the filling with onions, garlic, soy sauce, the other half of the shroom, butternut squash, spinach, a touch of rice vinegar and sesame oil, ginger and pepper. Wrappers were flour and water.. I used white flour, it handles better for this sort of thing. I chopped the veggies with my right arm and kneaded the dough with my left arm for an even cookout session.

Today was pretty active, I jogged my quota with an additional squirming 30 lbs strapped to my back. I found 30lbs gets very heavy, very quickly while running.

Had an equally nice workout quota, added in some butterflies, curls, my now standard grip/forearm warm-up and some extra cardio. I think my gluts will be sore tommorrow. I do not remember the last time I actually felt the burn on my butt cheeks.

MONDAY JAN 16

wasn't able to do much today, walked some and did I think 10 pushups before deciding it was not a good idea. Should feel better tommorrow or the next day to come back strong!

meal 1: an apple

meal 2: burrito with veggies wrapped in a leaf

meal 3: leftover nori rolls

TUES JAN 16

Was very ill this morning, but it eases up during the day, did 1 jog and some pushup/situp rotations. Sapped ALL my energy though. My body better recover soon or I'm going to kick it's ass!

meal 1: a lemon

meal 2: collard wrap with beans, cucumber, carrots, some other veggies

meal 3: some nori rolls, with jicama instead of rice