LilDragons Training Journal

Very new to this! Vegetarian for a year, and Vegan for the last month and sticking to it!

New to "proper" fitness as well, play a lot of football (soccer) and cricket. My new goal is to run a 1/2 marathon (or 2 in 2012), at least 2 full marathons in 2013 and then a 50 mile ultramarathon.

Main reasons for turning vegan (high raw) was because of health reasons and the double standards of saying "ah how cutre/ nice" to one animal and then devouring another, just plain wrong.

My current health stats are:

Male, 21, Height: 5"5, Weight: 50kg (did a massive juice fast and lost 20kg of fat and water)

My goal is to get to 60kg by mid 2012 in muscle and be able to get faster and run longer! A six pack would be nice as well

My journal for today (Saturday 31st December 2011) was:

meal 1: 6 bananas (medium size), soy milk, and wheatgrass powder blended into a smoothie.

meal 2: Lentil soup with rice and steamed brocolli

meal 3: Made too much for lunch so had the same for dinner! Lentil soup with rice and steamed brocolli

Snacks: Apple juice, apple, orange juice (500ml), 2 oranges.

Jogging - 10km (would have times this but forgot my watch)

15 push ups, Yoga, Bicep curls (3kg weight (building up slowly!) 200 times)

1km sprint on an exercise bike!

Is this what the training journal is supposed to be like? 1st time, only joined today!

Happy New Year all

January 1st

Running - 8km

Sprinting - 100m (twice) and 200m sprint

15 push ups, Yoga, Bicep curls (3kg weight (building up slowly!) 100 times)

1km sprint on exercise bike

Next few days training will be of a less intensity as I start work early and finish late, but that I part of my plan.

My journal for today (3rd January) was:

meal 1: 6 bananas (medium size) and rice milkblended into a smoothie.

meal 2: Avacado wrap (avacado and salad) in a wholemeal flatbread wrap. (Not my ideal lunch but was at work and only thing close to healthy)

meal 3: Brocolli, carrots stir fry and brown rice

Snacks: Apple juice, Orange juice.

30 push ups, 2km bike ride, 20 crunches.

Giving my self a bit of a rest today but still doind a bit.

My journal for today (4th January) was:

meal 1: 5 bananas (medium size), 1/2 inch of ginger and rice milkblended into a smoothie

meal 2: Sweet Potato Falafel and salad.

meal 3: Brocolli, carrots stir fry and brown rice

Snacks: A green machine smoothie for starbucks (not sure if avaiable in the US) and a berry blast smoothie later.

30 push ups, 2km bike ride, 2km run, 20 crunches.

Very busy at work so dont get time to go on long runs, but my plan is to go "heavy" on the weekends cardio wise and focus on bulking up slowly during weekdays with a bit of cardio.

My journal for today (5th January) was:

meal 1: 5 bananas (medium size) blended with apple juice and cinnamon

meal 2: Sweet Potato Falafel and salad. (Loved the taste so much yesterday had to buy it again!)

meal 3: Moong beans soup and vegetable rice (carrots, green beans, sweet corn and peas)

Snacks: Just loads of water! SO bust at work didnt get time to eat!

Managed to do 5km run after work but not much else. Now back to writing reports feeling renergized after the run

Any tips of how my diet/ traning can be improved? I keep it rather spontaneous rather than a set plan but have a rough idea each day of what I want to do...

Thank you Karen! I would love to do a lot more (fitness wise I think I can) but time wise its difficult to fit in given I start work at 7:30am and finish at 8ish pm. But im going to try plan my work more around my fitness over the coming weeks hopefully.

10th January:

5km bike ride, 1km bike sprint, 3 sets of dumbells (50 reps each).

11th January

meal 1: 6 bananas (medium size) and apple juice smoothies

meal 2: tofu salad (lettuce, sea weed, sesame seeds, edame beans, green beans, bell pepper) and buckwheat noodles.

meal 3: chickpea curry and vegetable rice

Snacks: green machine smoothie from starbucks (not promoting them but incase anyone wants to try, its really nice)

Jogging - 30mins, power walk for about 30mins and then a 2km cycle after work.

Were having a diet/ healthy competition at work, see who can improve the most, I'm the only one of the real healthy plan so can't wait to disprove their thoughts on veganism by showing my results.

Dude I love all the banana damage you are doing, right on brother!

If you are thinking about doing half marathons / marathons this year head on over to www.nomeatathlete.com - we have veg-specific roadmap guides for running your first half marathon and full marathon. If you can handle 7km runs right now you will probably need about 12 weeks to train for a half marathon. Rock on!

Hi! Yes im going to try and do 2 1/2 marathons this year or 3. Thanks for the website, i read it occasionally but will get the guide there to help out, plus I actually signed up to your blog a while back and it was one of the things that got me into running (I used to think it was boring)! Keep up the great work!

11th January

meal 1: 5 bananas (medium size) and soy milk smoothie

meal 2: quinoa and passionfruit fruit pot sort of thing with soy yoghurt and a avacado/ chickpea/ mumus/ salad wrap (with wholemeal flat bread)

meal 3: havent eaten yet but will be roast aubergines with brocolli and rice.

Snacks: Just lots of water!

Jogging - 30mins.

Feel too sleepy to do any more, rather than do any damage will save up energy for a big weekend workout hopefully!

Oops wrong date on my last training post, was meant to be 12th January. My bad.

13th January

meal 1: 5 bananas (medium size) and applie juice smoothie

meal 2: quinoa and passionfruit fruit pot sort of thing with soy yoghurt and a green salad (spinach, lettuce, kale, cucumber, bell petter, edame with some rice cake sushi style thing)

meal 3: Rice with Moong Dall and steamed veggies (carrots and borcolli)

Snacks: 3 more bananas and 3 apricots

Jogging - 1 hour (again no distance as I took a new route so not sure) Need to get a pedometer or one of those counting things!

14th January

meal 1: NO BANANAS IN THE HOUSE!!! Had apple juice mixed with spirulina and wheatgrass powder. and Mug of rice milk a bit later.

meal 2: Black beans, rice and steamed veggies

meal 3: Rice with peas and tofu curry

Snacks: 5 apricots, 3 oranges, dehydrated kale chips and vita coco (coconut water)

NO jogging today, went for a run (much faster pace), around 5km and then a 3km brisk walk to slow down. press ups (30 normal ones) and then fist and diamond shape ones (15).

Tried to do pull ups in the park today (using the monkey bar rings), woah, can barely do one! Any tips on improving that aspect? Guessing more free weights on the arms and press ups?

15th January

meal 1: 6 bananas and soy milk smoothie

meal 2: Mashed sweet potato with diced cucumbers, red onion, tomatos and coriander.

meal 3: Not sure yet

Snacks: 2 apricots

1st competitive football (soccer) match of 2012, played the full 90 minutes (plus a 30 minute warm up)

And did about 50 pressups today (not in a row though)

Can feel my calf and hamstring muscles toning up!!

16th January

meal 1: 6 bananas and soy milk smoothie

meal 2: Avacado wrap (with salad, humus, chickpeas, tomatoes, coriander and greens)

meal 3: Cabbage stir fry with baked potatoes.

Snacks: Apple juice and water.

No running today, cycling 5km and found some resistance bands at home so did some work with them. As you can see from all my posts, im not to technical with all the exercise (like names etc), never been to bothered with it if I feel it gives me results I continue.

16th January

meal 1: 3 bananas and 2 pears

meal 2: Ginger, garlic, tofu and borcolli stir fry with coconut rice

meal 3: Curry (made from an Indian vegetable, not sure what the english name is)

Snacks: Apple juice, dates (6)

3km cycle, 30 press ups, the weather has got really cold here and im feeling a rather ill so taking a rest today.

20th January:

meal 1: 6 bananas (medium size), soy milk, and blended into a smoothie.

meal 2: Tofu and brocolli stir fry

meal 3: Rice pancakes with potatoes and greens (brocolli, sprouts, green beans)

10km in total - 5k run and 5k bike ride

21st January:

meal 1: 4 bananas, 4 dates and rice milk

meal 2: Urad dall, rice and brocolli

meal 3: Roast potatoes, kale chips (1st time im trying them) and brussel sprouts

5km bike ride, weight training (3 sets of 30 reps of 5kg)

Question, I have a very stuffy head, good to continue to exercise lightly or have a rest? (I had a longer sleep - 12 hours, compared to my usual 7 hours).... Thanks.

23rd

5km run

24th

3km run

I have signed up to a 5k race, 10k race and the London 1/2 marathon (well registered my interest for it)

Hopefully I will have more time to exercise more from next week onwards as I am currently in the process of moving roles at work so been in the office way too long, any others balance a corporate work and time for exercise... Can be done I know very easily, but just seeing if theres any tips I may have overlooked... Thanks!