Kim's Journal

OK, for some reason, reading and following directions is not my strong point. I still can't figure out how to put a pic of me on here.. I also can't figure where I should submit the trainer that I want, and I'm not really sure what I am supposed to be writing here.

Today I did Plyo X2. I started P90X2 two weeks ago, this is my 3rd week, so I am following the workout plan on there. My goal is to get stronger, to be able to do unassisted pull ups, crow (or crane) and maybe a handstand. I just became vegan about 3 months ago, and I am learning along the way.

My other goals are to get the lower half of my body better developed. I have issues with my knees, when doing lunges, they pop like a Barbie Doll. I can do squats, but since I workout at home,. my equipment is pretty limited. The new P90X has a ton of core and stability workouts, which I am grateful for since those are also areas that I am lacking in.

I am looking forward to making myself into a better me for 2012!!

Hi Kimberly! My name is Bridget.

I also have knee issues so am learning to modify exercises.

And I also have issues with the directions. I haven't figured out how to upload a pic either

As far as content - As I understand, what you posted if fine.

Oh, and to "Sign-up" we did have to send an email. I did that but haven' heard anything else... Maybe tomorrow.

Good luck!

http://tinypic.com/index.php

http://photobucket.com/

upload a pic you want to use as an avatar on one of the sites above..the picture has to be fairly square 160x150 is the max you can use..copy the url where you saved the picture.on this site click on the User Control Panel (upper right), on the left side is options click on profile.edit avatar post the link of the picture you want and hit submit...

Today I started with pull ups this morning, I have just started using a pull up assist, the weight I'm pulling is about 85 lbs, I'm hoping to eventually get rid of the assist. I did 10 pull ups, and 10 chin ups.

Tonight I did Total Body X2 from P90X2, I use 20's on all the exercises in the series. I try to do at least 12 reps of each exercise. I'm not sure of all the exercises, I would have to check the dvd, but the workout itself runs about 40 minutes, with a warm up and cool down, about 60 min. I sometimes stop the dvd so I can try to get in more reps.

I ate a salad that was in a 10 cup bowl, consisted of a whole avocado, organic spring salad and spinach salad, a tablespoon of hummus, garlic, and about 5 or 6 mushrooms.

I ate about 15 organic pretzel sticks with about a tablespoon of peanut butter.

I ate a handful of dried pineapple.

I ate a cup of sauteed spinach (with garlic) and brown rice.

I am about to eat a mango.

I am out of protein powder, haven't had it in about a month, have to go get more.

I'm exhausted from the workout because it uses weights and a stability ball OUCH!!

I drank about 70 oz of water.

I always drink WAAAYYY too much coffee, about a pot with organic soy milk (vanilla) and waaayyy too much sugar!

Looks like you figured out the photo!

Nice back! Awesome stuff!

We've been working around the clock the past few weeks to get the program going. Things kept getting updated by the day as new info came in, so I apologize for the confusion. We're working to streamline things for our Summer Shape-Up Challenge and this same one next year.

It's all coming together though.

We matched up as many people with trainers as we could with the 15 trainers we have, but we got way more emails than anticipated and we're still figuring out a smooth way to manage it all

Thanks so much for being on here!

Looking forward to watching your progress.

All the very best and Happy New Year!

-Robert

Ooo. I didn't know there was a p90x2. I did the original (with doubles) about a year ago..Though I started to get a bit bored by the end of it, I still use a chunk of the workouts and the program was good enough to make me excited to try p90x2 :)

Good luck with it! (& thanks for mentioning it)

Today (actually it was Tuesday into Wednesday wee hours ) I did P90X2 Yoga, it runs about an hour. Much faster paced than the original Yoga X. I also did about 40 minutes of Shaun T's Rockin Body, I guess it's cardio but being that it is so cold here, I didn't really sweat lol. I walked much les than usual, I usually walk between 4-6 miles a day, today I only did about 2 because once again it is too cold!

I ate (breakfast/lunch) spinach, dark cherries, almond milk, and raw cacao smoothie.

I ate about 25 wasabi almonds (I can eat an entire can no kidding.. LOVE)

I ate a salad that was in a 10 cup container and consisted of spinach & spring mix, 3/4 of an avocado, and about 6 mushrooms. Garlic.

I ate two bananas with about 2 teaspoons of peanut butter on each.

I drank about 70 oz of water..

Yes, it's faster paced, I mean less Tony talking, and more movement. I LOVE spinach, I could not live without it!

Today so far, I ate a mango for breakfast! YES!! Breakfast I never ever eat breakfast!

I had a serving of wasabi almonds

I had a serving of dates!

Didn't workout yet, just a mile walk so far!

OK, walked another 2 miles for 3 total.

I did Balance and Power, the stability ball brings the workout to a whole new level, I am having a very difficult time not falling off the ball... I LOVE IT!!! My forearms are looking amazing from all the sphinx push ups!!

I also did a stretch workout with a foam roller (not really a true workout) called Recovery and Mobility.

I ate a salad for dinner, same 10 cup bowl, avacado, and a tablespoon of hummus.

I ate WAAAYYY too many dates, like 4 servings, 2 servings of wasabi almonds, 3 servings of everything pretzels ( I threw some in my salad) and a banana.. Oh and a mango for breakfast.

I also drank 130 oz of water!!! Feel like I am floating away!!

I did Balance and Power, the stability ball brings the workout to a whole new level, I am having a very difficult time not falling off the ball... I LOVE IT!!! My forearms are looking amazing from all the sphinx push ups!!

I also did a stretch workout with a foam roller (not really a true workout) called Recovery and Mobility.

I ate a salad for dinner, same 10 cup bowl, avacado, and a tablespoon of hummus.

I ate WAAAYYY too many dates, like 4 servings, 2 servings of wasabi almonds, 3 servings of everything pretzels ( I threw some in my salad) and a banana.. Oh and a mango for breakfast.

When you get a chance, email me and let me know how you're doing. I also need to know what your daily macros are (total gm of carbs, protein, fat), as well as your daily morning weight.

You're doing great! I love all of the balance work on the balls. Those really hit your core.

Have an amazing day!

When you get a chance, email me and let me know how you're doing. I also need to know what your daily macros are (total gm of carbs, protein, fat), as well as your daily morning weight.

You're doing great! I love all of the balance work on the balls. Those really hit your core.

Have an amazing day!

Thanks Michelle, I am really loving the stability ball stuff, it's really hard and challenging!!

I just emailed you, twice actually, I left something out of the first email.

Kim

Yes, I like to throw in some stability stuff in here and there, too. Core and stabily work are very important! If you're not already doing so, you can also get creative with medicine balls and the Bosu (turn it upside down).

Keep updating me with your weight, water intake, and macros. How are you feeling? Energy? Strength? Sleeping well?

Have an awesome rest of your day!

Let's see, yesterday I did Core X2, more with the stability ball, FUN!! Today was Plyocide, which believe it or not is not as scary as it sounds, getting better at burpees, and the jumps where you pull your knees up. I also did 10 pull ups, 10 wide pull ups and 10 chin ups all at about 85lbs. (assisted) I did 10 one armed push ups per arm, 10 regular push ups and 10 military push ups. Danced a little to techno Walked about 2 miles.

I went out and bought vegan protein powder and BCAAS, drank 150 oz of water today.

Ate a bagel, 1/2 a salad (10 cup bowl) with a whole avocado

Drank a smoothie which consisted of a scoop of protein powder (26g) 10 cherries, 5 strawberries, a handful of kale about 1/4 cup of almond milk, water and ice.

I have to figure out my macros for today and yesterday..