Miguel Jr Sotelo Training Journal

Hello Everyone,

This is my first ever Training Journal so it may not be the best detailed journal at first but i hope as the month goes on that i will get better and better at this. The first few weeks i may not do much because i have not really exercise or worked out much. Also i have some health issues that will not let me do much. I have pinched nerves and use a cane to walk. As my health gets better i hope that i can start to do more and start lifting weights.

So i weight myself and my start weight is going to be 348.6 pounds

What i plan to do for the first week will be:

-Stretch for 20 mins.

-Walk for 30 mins around the block.

-Dance to music for 20 mins.

-Stretch for 20 mins.

-If not in pain from my pinched nerves will to try lift some light weights that we have at home.

So this is what i will start out with and i hope to add more to it as i start to feel better. If anyone can advice any other things i can do that will not put to much stress on my nerves and lower back for right now i would like to hear from you. Thanks every one and i hope everyone has a happy new years, and a great 2012.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great to see your journal, Miguel!

You just made the cut-off for the coaching program and Karen will be following up tonight/tomorrow if she hasn't already.

I'm excited for you and your success ahead! All the very best to you and of course, Happy New Year!

-Robert

So today was my first day of doing what i set to do. Since i worked today i changed it a bit to still work out for me.

-Stretch for 20 mins

-Since i do a lot of walking at work i counted that as my 20 mins of walking.

-Did 30 mins of dancing to music on the radio.

-Just stretch again for 20 mins

-Tried doing some push ups and sit up with out stopping.

*15 push ups

*6 sit up (started to feel pain in my lower back to be safe i stopped.)

It is nice to have this log because i feel that i have to do the work in order to post something on here. Till tomorrow

Miguel

Awesome work, Miguel!

Proud of your work today and your consistency in your training journal thus far. Thanks for keeping us posted and have an awesome day of health and fitness tomorrow.

All the best. Prizes from our 12 Days contest get shipped out this week as well and you've got stuff coming to you so I hope you like them.

Keep rockin!

-Robert

Hey Miguel! It's Karen. I love that part of your workout plan is to "dance to music for 20 min". What a fun way to get exercise in!

Good luck to you in achieving your goals! I'm so proud of you and wish you the very best!

Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!

Day Two Training

-20 mins of stretching

-Walk for 20 mins.

-Dancing for 23 mins

-Push ups 25 (on my knees.)

-Push ups 7 (regular)

-Sit ups 6

-Lunges and squats with no extra weight.

20 mins of stretching

Really tried by the end and hope that i don't wake up sore. If i am able to go to the gym tomorrow then i will go on the bicycle.

Day 3 Training:

I was just really tired at the end of the day to log on and write it down so i thought i would do it now before i went to work.

20 mins of stretching

-Walk for 30 mins.

-Dancing for 35 mins

-Push ups 26 (on my knees.)

-Push ups 7 (regular)

-Sit ups 6

-Walk for 30 mins.

20 mins of stretching

As you see i did a lot more because of the way i was feeling and my mentor knows why. I don't think i will do this much again until i feel better.

Hi Miguel,

This workout is great. Although you weren't feeling awesome about some stuff I love that you worked out! That shows dedication and consistency! I admire that so much about you!

How was your day today? How are you feeling?

Remember everyday is a day you are closer to your goal. Each little thing you do is a step closer to where you want to be! It seems far away now, but in a month from now you'll look back and see how much you've learned and grown and it's only going to get better and better!

Keep up the great work!

Day Four training:

So i didn't workout on thursday because i was sick so took it off and this what i did yesterday. could not post because my internet went down.

20 mins of stretching

-Walked at work so didn't do my walk around the block..

-Dancing for 20 mins

-Push ups 6 (regular)

-Sit ups 6

Hi Miguel, just being nosey as i noticed you posted your entry about the same time as me today. Your doing great mate.

Glade to see you are keeping going with your pinched nerve issues. I have similar problem a couple of years ago but had a microdiscectomy to reduse the pressure. I still get pain but nowhere near as bad as you but i can relate to the issues. Good to see you have the strength and determination to keep putting in an excellent training routine - good luck mate and keep going

Day Five training:

So i didn't workout on thursday because i was sick so took it off and this what i did yesterday. could not post because my internet went down.

20 mins of stretching

-Dancing for 20 mins

-Sit ups 6

Didn't walk at all today because i do that in the evening but, we started to get strong winds where i live and could go out walking.

Hey Miguel! So great to see your posts and to see that you're still working hard! Keep at it, buddy!

I like what Amanda said, that each day is one step closer to your goal. It may not seem like a lot from one day to the next, but when it's one month or one year to the next... wow!

Awesome work! Keep going!

-Karen

Day 6 Training:

-20 mins of stretching

-Walked at work.

-Dancing for 15 mins

-Push ups 20 (on my knees.)

-Sit ups 6

Tomorrow i am going to try to add a few different things my workout so that i can keep building up my strength.

Miguel

Also thanks to everyone that has looked at my training and for the comments that your wrote. Not having much support here at home it means a lot that i have the support from you guys.

Day 7 Training (Monday)

-20 mins of stretching

-Walked at work.

-Dancing for 20 mins

-Sit ups 6

-jumping jacks (30 sec)

Today i will be walking about 2 miles which is something i have not done in so long so will talk about when i write about todays works.

Day 8 Training (Tuesday)

-20 mins of stretching

-Walked one mile. (This is the first one mile i have walked with out stopping at all. At the end i was very tried and my keens hurt really bad as well with my back, but was very happy that i was able to do finish something.)

-Dancing for 20 mins

-jumping jacks (30 sec)

-20 mins of Stretching