Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Doug Robson Journal (vegandougie)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:49 pm 
Manatee

Hey Doug,
You made a comment about finding it a pain to find out your macros everyday for what you eat, well that is one of the reasons my meals stay the same everyday. Once you work out your nutritional values then its done and you eat the same everyday, this is also a good way to track if you feel you need to eat more or less.

Plus if you know exactly what your eating everyday this can be helped to control any excess weight you may want to lose.

As for cardio, i think its definately a ggod idea to add cardio into your workout plan, i only do it once a week asa if i do too much i find the weight jst drops off me so quick but it is important from a health aspect.
All i can suggest is give it a go and see how you feel, try adding once a week and take notes on how it makes you feel and then take it from there.

Good luck with your training.

Matt

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.-Arnold Schwarzenegger

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:23 pm 
Rabbit

Thanks for the tips Matt, yeah i had better start getting on top of the macros - my job for the weekend :boxer:

So here are tonight's stats, again a good workout and i am defiantly feeling it now but in a good way.

But before i do that i have a question for you to ponder - why is dyslexia so hard to spell?

Hope you all are having a good evening and shall be back tomorrow

Stiff Leg Deadlifts

1RM: 60.0 kg
Total Weight Lifted: 1750.0 kg
Max. Weight Lifted: 45.0 kg
50 = 1rm
1 20.00 kg 10
2 20.00 kg 10
3 45.00 kg 10
4 45.00 kg 10
5 45.00 kg 10
Bent Over Row (Dumbbell, One-Arm)

1RM: 13.3 kg
Total Weight Lifted: 380.0 kg
Max. Weight Lifted: 10.0 kg
1 4.00 kg 10
2 4.00 kg 10
3 10.00 kg 10
4 10.00 kg 10
5 10.00 kg 10
Squat rack chinup
1RM: 100.0 kg
Total Weight Lifted: 3000.0 kg
Max. Weight Lifted: 75.0 kg
1 75.00 kg 10
2 75.00 kg 10
3 75.00 kg 10
4 75.00 kg 10
Arm Curls (Dumbbell, Incline)

1RM: 7.4 kg
Total Weight Lifted: 156.0 kg
Max. Weight Lifted: 6.0 kg
1 2.00 kg 10
2 2.00 kg 10
3 6.00 kg 8
4 6.00 kg 6
5 4.00 kg 8
Hammer curls
1RM: 7.0 kg
Total Weight Lifted: 156.0 kg
Max. Weight Lifted: 6.0 kg
1 2.00 kg 10
2 2.00 kg 10
3 6.00 kg 6
4 5.00 kg 8
5 5.00 kg 8

http://www.my-healthy-lifestyle-choices.com

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:00 pm 
VBB Moderator Powerlifter & Ultrarunner

That reminds me of a T Shirt I saw someone wearing this week...

"Dyslexics are people poo."

Kind of wrong I know, but made me laugh.

WEB: http://www.jimsty.wix.com/strength-vs-size
FB: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mini-Forklift/161273440616736?ref=hl
Image http://www.youtube.com/user/kiwilifter?feature=mhee

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:22 pm 
Gorilla

The problem with eating the same set meals each day is you'll soon become bored with them.

I personally don't bother with macros, I know what works for me. If you're going to be counting meal numbers though I'd recommend making up either various meal recipes & writing the numbers so you can put together meal plans or having menu templates where again you know the value.

Eg: you'd have a column for when you'd usually eat: breakfast, snacks, lunches, dinners ect & pick from the pool of recipes , or having complete set menus

"Don't fall for that crap that people are peddling on the message boards, in magazines or on TV. Get your shit in order, and get your training in order. Start kicking ass, and take out the crap that doesn't matter" Jim Wendler

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:38 pm 
Gorilla

Doug! I'm so pleased to hear you're noticing such changes in your body! Males it more encouraging to keep at it, eh?

I also like that you're experimenting with different emoticons. I'm too lazy to do that. :)

"People poo".... I am sitting in an airport and laughed out loud repeatedly when I read that! Well done! :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:07 pm 
Rabbit

Thanks for the tips Veggiesasquatch and Matt. I think i like the idea of a table of menus that i can mix and match so going forward i shall set to work on this.

Hey Miniforklift yeah that made me laugh as well - loved it :) so probably wrong of me too. Karen I can't take credit for the joke but i am glad you liked it.

Heres a new one from me, i hope you get it.

A Rabbit walks into a hardware store and asks the shop owner "Can I have some lettuce please?"

To which the shop owner replies "I am sorry mate but this is a hardware store and i don't sell lettuce"

The Rabbit sighs in disappointment and hops off.

The next day the same Rabbit walks into the hardware store and asks the shop owner "Can I have some lettuce please?"

The shop owner recognizes the rabbit and answers "Look i told you yesterday i don't sell lettuce now please leave!"

Again the Rabbit sighs in disappointment and hops off.

The next day the same Rabbit walks into the hardware store and again asks the shop owner "Can I have some lettuce please?"

The shop owner looking a bit perplexed replies "Look i told you yesterday and the day before i DO NOT sell lettuce now please leave!"

Again the Rabbit sighs in disappointment and hops off.

Now this happens a few times throughout the remainder of the week and the shop owner is getting very stressed to say the least, until finally one day when the Rabbit bounces in and asks the familiar question "Can I have some lettuce please?" the shop owner totally loses his temper and through gritted teeth responds with;

"Look this is a hardware store, i do not sell plant based foods of any kind - get it!!?
If you come in here again tomorrow asking the same question i shall nail your ears to the counter and beat you up!!!"

The Rabbit, senses the shop owners frustration and decides this would be a good time to leave and quickly bounds out of the store, leaving the shop owner ranting in fury.

The following day the Rabbit enters the hardware store and asks tentatively "Do you have any nails?"

The shop owner, baffled by this new question stutters "I am sorry but i sold my last box just an hour ago"

The Rabbit bit more bravely then replies.......(wait for it, drum roll please)

" Phew, in that case can I have some lettuce please"

The End

Now for tonight's workout and have a great weekend everyone :)

2012-03-02

Exercise Weight Reps
Squats

1RM: 73.4 kg
Total Weight Lifted: 2550.0 kg
Max. Weight Lifted: 55.0 kg
1 20.00 kg 10
2 20.00 kg 10
3 50.00 kg 10
4 55.00 kg 10
5 55.00 kg 10
6 55.00 kg 10
Good Mornings

1RM: 53.3 kg
Total Weight Lifted: 2000.0 kg
Max. Weight Lifted: 40.0 kg
1 20.00 kg 10
2 20.00 kg 10
3 40.00 kg 10
4 40.00 kg 10
5 40.00 kg 10
Lunges (Barbell)

1RM: 53.3 kg
Total Weight Lifted: 1480.0 kg
Max. Weight Lifted: 40.0 kg
1 20.00 kg 10
2 40.00 kg 10
3 40.00 kg 10
4 40.00 kg 12

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:17 pm 
Gorilla

Just noticed you're in the uk, snap;)

I dont'/never have or will be a macro counter. I'll use myfitnesspal app on my iphone once in a while just to see what I'm actually taking in but not much changes.

I Just listen to what my body tells me & i know (usually) how much food I'm going to need. I have the odd day where I'm not hungry much & days where every 1hr 30mins I'm ready to eat. It just boils down to what the goal is...

Don't let the number counting of food become the main thing in the training.

I wouldn't let a meal plan dictate when I eat. If I'm hungry I eat, simple. The keys just making sure it's quality foods.
I did my bulk just by getting in at least 200g of protein a day & as many carbs as I could stomach each time I ate, On a day off lifting I'D just tapper off carbs during the day :)

"Don't fall for that crap that people are peddling on the message boards, in magazines or on TV. Get your shit in order, and get your training in order. Start kicking ass, and take out the crap that doesn't matter" Jim Wendler

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:54 pm 
Rabbit

Hi Veggiesasquatch,

Yeh I live in a village near to kettering (literally 2 miles outside the town). Whereabouts are you from?
Thanks for the advice and taking the time to pp by this thread - i really appreciate it.

Anyway back to the training - there is none this week. I have decided to take the week off from training to recuperate and allow my achs and pains to settle. A bit of a low point this week as well had some very bad news today which i am trying to get my head around and to be honest training just doesn't feature in my lists of priorities at the moment. But again this is just a pause, time out to recover a bit.

I shall still lurk around the forums as i like to see what all you guys are up to and offer encouragement occasionally but for this week no updates.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:07 pm 
Rabbit

Hey Doug,
I saw you wrote on my post a while back and sorry for not getting back to you sooner. February was just a bad month all around and didn't do anything because of that i gain all the weight back, but now i am start up again and giving it all that i got. I am sorry to hear you got bad news today and hope that they get better.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:48 pm 
Rabbit

Just wanted to say a big thanks to Robert Cheeke, Karen Oxley and Richard Watts. I got my prize package yesterday, so close to my birthday it was an early present. Loads of stuff in it and i had to exercise strong self discipline not to eat the vega bar before i had taken a picture of it.

I could hear it calling to me, enticing me but i resisted :)

I hope the pics turned out ok because i ate it as soon as i had taken them - yummmy :D

Any way here is the pic, i took them to help promote the next challenge and also encourage anyone on here to get involved for the next one - if this box of goodies doesn't motivate you i don't know what will!

Attachment:
PIC_2458.JPG
PIC_2458.JPG [ 143 KiB | Viewed 995 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:59 pm 
Gorilla

That's a whole lot of booty!!!

Hope things are ok mate...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:39 am 

Holy moly, that is a prize pack and a half mate. Amazing !!

Keep your head up, looking forward to seeing you back in the swing of things again very soon.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:39 pm 
Gorilla

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DOUG!!!!

Just got back a couple days ago from cruising the Caribbean, but I've missed checking out your journal! Glad you got the prize package and that it arrived safe and sound. I threw in some extra goodies for you since you're so awesome.

I see you had a rough week last week. Bummer. :( I hope things are getting better for you. Know that you have a supportive community here who cares about you!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:17 pm 
Rabbit

Hi Karen Thanks for the birthday wish and the kind words. I am taking a bit of time out but shall get back on it soon

Only managed a 30 min cardio session and didn't really put my all into it but i try to keep up with something. I am fine by the way i just had some rather upsetting news last week. Thanks as always for the support - i am not giving up it's just that sometimes life kind of throws us a curve ball and forces us to take a pause.

If i am not back into it by next week then you can kick my butt -i can say that as you are all in different countries, err except veggiesasquatch ...oops - you don't know my address do you?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:49 pm 

I will kick your butt as well - my family are in Stratford Upon Avon so they're just up the motorway from you. I'll send them down to sort you out haha !!!!

No problems with the programme, all been going well?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next