Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: Karen's...
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:55 pm 
Rabbit

Hi Karen,

Yes hopefully one day you can get to England it would be great to see you and Robert. I appreciate the kind words, i find i relate to you as well. At least you get my jokes so thats something.

Sometimes it's great to take a day off just because we can, with no guilt or other reason than we deserve to enjoy relaxing - it's good for the soul. I hope you enjoyed it :)

Anyway keep up the good work not just on this forum but the events for vegan outreach as well and catch up again with you soon (no jokes today, i'll save them for when needed:) )

http://www.my-healthy-lifestyle-choices.com

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:19 am 
Gorilla

Thanks, Sherrie. Today my mom let me know that she was not happy with me for not having called in a couple of days. Apparently, she was way sicker than I knew, but seems to be in the clear now. Oy vey, mothers and their guilt-trips! :) It's not uncommon for my wrists to hurt when I work them. I've been finding when I do certain things with weights, they hurt and I lose blood flow or something. I don't know, it's weird. Maybe signs of carpal tunnel? This isn't anything new, though. Oh well, whatever... :)

Doug, I'd l-o-v-e to make it back to Europe one of these days! Just need to find an excuse and some dinero! :D

Today I did my scheduled C25K run. It felt easier than the previous one two days ago, yet still quite challenging. That being said, I did do an extra 3-minute run when it was all said and done, just because I felt like it. I didn't try to go too fast today. So, my shorter 1.5 minute runs I kept at 6.0 mph, and the "long" 3-minute runs I kept at 5.2 mph, since that felt more manageable to me. Following my run, I did 2 sets of 12 of chest press, lat pull-downs, wall ball squats, and step-ups.

Breakfast: fruit 'n' green smoothie with Vega WFHO
Lunch: Primal Strip, orange, and pumpkin cornbread
Dinner: Tempeh and veggies (squash, zucchini, red onion) sauteed with green curry sauce
Snacks: Protein shake and another Primal Strip
Pre-exercise: Vega Energizer
Post-exercise: apple

P.S.
I did tell my mom that a bunch of people she doesn't know (you all!) sent her well-wishes and healing thoughts, and she smiled and said to let you all know that she appreciates it. :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:33 pm 
Manatee

Hey Karen,

Thanks for dropping by my thread, i had to come on yours and make a comment.

I had been reading your thread but i used to think people wouldn't like others just making random comments on others pages. But from what i have seen everyone seems to appreciate it when people spend time to read and comment on their fitness journal.

Sorry to hear your mom is not well, send her or best wishes.

Good luck with your goals,

Matt

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Post subject: Karen's...
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:49 pm 
Rabbit

Hi Karen,

Great going with training. If you found it easier that must mean you are making excellent progress which is very inspiring to see.

For the life of me I can't think of a joke that is not a bit blue and the gentleman in me would not wish to shock a true lady such as yourself. So for now a sort of clean joke ( I stole this from british comedy icons Morecambe and Wise)

Two priest stood out in the garden on a beautiful hot summers day.

One says 'nice out isn't it?'

The other replies ' yes, I think I will take mine out as well' :)

Have fab weekend

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:07 pm 
Site Admin

Karen!

I am seriously so excited to see you tomorrow!

Can't wait!

Thank YOU so much for everything!

Looking forward to hanging out, working out, traveling and working on new projects with Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness.

You're the BEST!

RC

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:39 pm 
Rabbit

Ack - a meet up! Hope you have a great time. :jealous I am:

Getting healthier one day at a time
http://www.sherriet.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:51 am 
Gorilla

Doug, I feel dumb, but I don't get it! :(

RC, YAAAAAAAYYYYYYY! I can't wait to see you! 14 more hours! :D

Sherrie, I assume you mean you're jealous of Robert, right? Hahaha! ;)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:59 am 
Gorilla

I enjoyed my time at the gym this evening. I did my scheduled Couch-to-5K run, which was the final run of week 3. It's so suprising to me how each of the 3 runs each week get easier. The first run of each week, I think I'm going to die and can't imagine how I'm going to get through it. Then the second run feels a little easier, and easier still the third run. I was able to do the runs faster and more consistently tonight than the other day, which felt great. So, between the walks and the runs, it was 2 miles in 30 minutes. Slow, I know, but there's still lots of walking in there. Overall, it felt great. Next run on Tuesday involves considerably more run time than the previous three weeks, so it will definitely be a challenge that I'm already looking forward to. I'll be on the road next week, so gotta make sure the gym is a priority, especially on C25K days! I could always run outside, but I don't know why I'm scared to run outside. I just feel more comfortable and consistent on the treadmill.

After 30 minutes on the treadmill, I did 20 minutes on the stair-climber. I did have to take 3x20-30 second breaks. Then steam room, pool, and hot tub. That felt a.w.e.s.o.m.e.

Much more to do tonight to get ready to leave for my trip early in the morning. Flying to Vegas to meet Robert and make the trip to Austin, where we will be assembling and shipping all the awesome prize packages to the VB&F challenge finishers! Yay! Looking forward to it!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:38 am 
Site Admin

Great work, Karen!

See you in less than 12 hours!

All the best!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Post subject: Karen's...
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:31 am 
Rabbit

I am sorry Karen. There is no way you are dumb, just a difference in cultural sense of humour

Any way have a safe trip to Vegas and think of us poor people back in old blighty, we have had six inches of snow overnight and I have to drive it to make sure the animals we look after are fed etc

You and Robert are doing great things for the animals

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=52.360195,-0.679293

Last edited by VeganDougie on Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:34 pm 
Rabbit

Yes, totally jealous of Robert. :-) Hope you have a great time.

Training is awesome! Some days that last run is a killer, but when it's over, it's hard to remember how it feels to run less than that. Way to go!

Getting healthier one day at a time
http://www.sherriet.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:39 pm 
Rabbit

Thanks for stopping by my journal!
Did I read that correctly--you and Robert are going to be in Vegas? Wish I could meet you guys! Lots of good vegan food here nowadays :D
Sending lots of healing energy to your Mom...

Maria

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:39 pm 
Gorilla

Hey Maria! Thanks so much for the positive thoughts! My mom is doing well now. :)

Yes, Robert and I are here in Vegas (since yesterday afternoon), and we'll be here till Wednesday afternoon. Maybe we could do a meetup or something? We'll see if it works out, depending on your schedule and ours. Keep in touch! You can also email us at veganmuscle@gmail.com.

Thanks again!
Karen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:35 pm 
Rabbit

Thanks for stopping by and for your encouragement! Have a great time in Vegas- don't go too crazy!!

1 Cor. 9:27

vegontherun.com (vegetarian blog)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:43 am 
Site Admin

Great working out with you today!

Awesome form and technique during the dumbbell exercises.

Great effort all around. Looking forward to training together all week!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 15  Next