Sara Jane's Training Journal

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday I was so busy at work but snuck in 4 miles. No time to update yesterday. Today I worked on my arms, back and chest. 30 minutes on the elliptical and 30 on the bike. This work schedule is destroying me!! I need more time in a day.. Or a gym that is 24 hours..

Hahaha days after workouts with jelly arms or legs are always interesting... Which do you prefer treadmill or elliptical? I'm torn because I'd rather be outside but its cold and harder on the knees outside (I want to still be active in sports at age 40 even 50 hopefully). The treadmill gives me more of a natural feeling like I am actually running but I think the elliptical is easier on the joints. What are your thoughts?

-Dylan

Dylan, I love running outside and I hate the treadmill compared to it but I really like running in general.. I almost fell off the damn thing the first two times I used it. I go back and forth.. I do a half hour on the treadmill an a half hour on the elliptical, which is a nice change of pace and easier on my knees. I usually run for an hour and 15 minutes outside when I can but I am saving that for better weather. As of today.. I say elliptical, tomorrow treadmill. Sometimes I throw in the stationary bike too which I don't mind so much when the treadmill is not in the books for the day. I hope this helped!!

I plan to go to the gym for 45 minutes of cardio tonight after work. (9pm, my hours are awful). I wish my gym was open until 11. I will do the 2.5 mile walk to work from the train and if it's not raining maybe jog back instead of the train. Weights at home. A 30 hour day and an 8 hour work day would be divine!!

Hi Sara,

Did you notice you won contest #2 a few days ago?

We'll be in touch to get your mailing address to send out your prize in early Feb as soon as the challenge is over (and when we access the prizes which were all shipped to my new location I'll be en route to soon).

All the best! Have a great workout tonight!

-Robert

Legs and abs. Hour of cardio. I had been eyeing the barbell the whole time and when I asked a member of the staff to show me how to hold it an stand correctly he said the bar alone was too heavy for me to try and that I was too new. Now I am too mad and embarrassed to try. I should have popped him one..

Chest, back and arms today. 30 minutes on treadmill and 30 minutes on the elliptical. I will do more weights and squats when I get home from work. This weekend my brother-in-law is going to teach me squats with the barbell and other lifting exercises. So excited. I hate the weight machines..

The walk to the gym was so icy!! Got out and walked Home in a blizzard. Did sprints on the treadmill for a half hour. Elliptical for a half hour and quickly did a few sets of dips 15-10-10 at 60lbs. Did lay pulls 15-10-10 at 80lbs. Free weights and dance/cleaning party when I get home.

Busy body on my day off!! Finally relaxing. Walked 3 miles to and from my doctors office. Went to the gym directly after and did sprints on the treadmill for a half hour. Elliptical for a half hour then legs and abs. Leg press, hip extensions, inner and outer thighs, an machine and crunches. My muscles aren't getting sore like they used to even with upping the weight.

Sick day. Fighting off a tiny cold. I am liking having two days of rest between going to the gym. I feel my muscles have time to do their thing. Tomorrow I have off from work so I plan on spending alot of time at the gym and using the steam room and sauna ahhhhh..

Danced my arse off and did free weights at home before heading to the gym. Intervals on the treadmill for 3 miles. Same on the elliptical for a half hour. Arms, chest and back. Just went to Whole

Foods and got all the Vega samples and packets I could get my hands on. My wallet just got annihilated. Should have order the samples online.