Dylan Kasprzyk's Brooklyn Training Journal

C.O.

Day 1 I've been participating in this Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness forum since it the beginning but honestly I have been slacking in participation of the lasat couple years. I'm exciting about the idea of keeping an online journal.

Currently my diet is about 70% vegan I would guess so nutrition is definitely going to play a significant role in my training.

Fitness goals:

1. Increase my percentage of plant based calorie intake from 70% to 85%.

2. Increase my weight from 155lbs to 170lbs gained in lean muscle mass form.

3. Be able to do 100 consecutive pushups (I am doing between 75-100 per day but not consecutively).

4. Increase my leg strength to improve my shot power on the soccer field and my launch power on my snowboard.

5. Continue to add definition to my arms and stomach.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome back, bro!

Awesome to see you while on tour in Boston. Thanks for working with Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness, Vega and Vegan Proteins at Boston VegFest.

Karen (kareno) enjoyed meeting you as well. Giacomo and Dani are also still here on the forum (Lean and Green and thendanisays).

Great to have you back.

All the best with your goals! Hope to see you again soon. Would love to get back to Brooklyn for a visit.

Robert

I know how it goes. Though I lift weights all the time, it was taking Bob Harper's spinning class in LA that reminded me I wasn't as athletic as I thought!

I might be able to lift more than most people, but probably can't keep up in a simple soccer game without getting winded

Hoping to be more well-rounded myself soon too!

Keep after it.

Okay seriously the 12 days of vegan fitness are kicking my ass and I've done like have of day 1 and 2 in 3 days....hahaha Feels good though. Been getting creative in the kitchen too. Maybe I'll share some recipes on this website.

Awesome man! That is so cool. I worked my face off on that, as you recall. I had to come up with 5 new features everyday and even on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day worked until 3AM to get the job done.

So glad you and hundreds of others are using the material. Awesome stuff!

Perhaps you can answer a question I've had for a long time, now that you're in Brooklyn.

In the Jay Z song "Empire State of Mind" and he's singing about Brooklyn, Giacomo and I always repeat the lyrics as, "Cookin Raw with the Brooklyn Boys" primarily because he was a raw food bodybuilder and from Brooklyn, it was just fun to say.

What are the real lyrics? Any idea?

Run and tell that, homeboy.

Cheeke

I don't know man, i just looked at the lyrics and there isnt anything that sounds anything like raw cookin with them brooklyn boys. Sure it was in empire state of mind? I didnt even see anything that said with them brooklyn boys in the lyrics haha.

Caught a sore throat last night. Having a convo about acid/alkaline with my chicc today.

My moms when to a veg cooking class and learned how to make cheeses out of cashews.

I totally got the wrong song!

My bad. Not sure how I screwed that up!

It's that encore song.

Encore, do you want more, cookin raw with the brooklyn boys.....I came I saw I conquered, from record sales to sold out concerts.......one last time I need you to roar.....

He sings it with Lincoln Park

That song

Sorry to hear you have a sore throat.

I tend to take it easy but still do some sort of exercise which often leads to an increase in water consumption and better hydration can help aid in recovery.

Cool your mom learned about making cashew cheese. That is what they use at The Blossoming Lotus in the PDX.

All the best. Rest up, get that water, get those lemons and other fruits and move around a bit and you'll be cool.

Journal entry mission: get well soon.

I've been 100% vegan the last few days. I promised myself I would be until at least I get over this cold/sore throat.

Vega protein shake with blueberries and bananas.

Lots of water with lemon.

asian citrus veggie meat over quinoa.

almonds, strawberries and blackberries.

Vegan chili.

Light 3 sets of curls, shoulder presses, push ups, and jumping jacks. Paired with my usual dancing around my apartment.

Already starting to feel better.

Great stuff, man! Have no idea what that line in the song means, but I'll roll with it!

Glad to hear you're feeling better. Always a bummer when the winter colds sneak up. I've avoided it since a cold back in June, but I consider myself lucky, because as hard as I push it, it is bound to catch up with me sometime.

Man, raining like crazy here in the 541 and a lot of snow in the 503.

Did I tell you I'm thinking of moving to Rhode Island for the summer? If you're still kickin it on the East Coast, I'll be around too.

Awesome to hear you've been rocking the vegan lifestyle for 3 days now! Epic stuff. It all starts somewhere.

Thanks for all your work within this community too! Cool to see you got some exercise in as you work your way back to feeling great again.

All the best. Catch up soon. Hope that mail comes today.

Hey Dylan! Your last post made me laugh! I used to be a Nutella addict! I first discovered it while living in Italy, and we put Nutella on pretty much everything! I've never tried an alternative, but here's some stuff I found:

http://vegetarian.about.com/od/saucesdipsspreads/r/vegannutella.htm

http://epicurvegan.com/2011/02/15/vegan-nutella/

There were some more recipes if you just Google "vegan nutella"

Also, Vegan Essentials carries a product called "rawtella". I don't know anything about it, other than what is on their product page, and they're currently on backorder. (Is that a sign that it's good?)

http://store.veganessentials.com/rawtella-organic-raw-chocolate-hazelnut-spread-p3226.aspx

Go to Rawtella's website, and you can see where else you can buy it online, or you can buy it there in NYC: http://www.rawtella.com/retail-locations.html

I understand when you just have to fulfill a craving! Haha! Good luck!

Edited by kareno

Training for me is just as much about eating as it is about working out. Yesterday I went to a "grilled cheese" party to watch the football games. I bought vegan pepperjack cheese. My first time trying this type. It was disgusting raw but actually really tasty once I melted it onto bread. Not sure how it changed flavor so completely but it did.

Bringing vegan cheese to a grilled cheese party is big. Its events like these that those of us that are trying to eat healthy often make exceptions and fall off of our eating healthy regiment plans.

Robert, everyone knows you embrace the goo...

Today's banana battle improved with: half green/yellow banana + raspberries+ hemp milk+ chai Vega+ ice = Yum

Plus reverting back to day #1 of 12 days of vegan fitness' work out but substituting 2 dumbbell exorcises in place of push ups.