Tensolator's workouts 2012

I hvae just started vegetarian eating, and hopefully will be able to transition to veganism in the future. I come from a background of being a heavy beef eater. I tried raw foodism 11 years ago, and was fairly successful, until I discovered the In-n-Out Burger.

I'm 48 (almost) and it is time for a change. So vegetarianism to start, and we'll see what happens after.

Today's workout was a straight kettlebell workout:

Swings 1x25, 1x10, 1x15

One handed snatch: L: 3x5 R; 3x5

One handed press: L: 3x5 R: 3x5

Around the waist: 40

I'm not going to lie, In-n-out burger is delicious. I try not to eat too much frozen food that comes in a box but have you had morning star's veggie riblet yet? When I get meat cravings it one of my favorites. I also really like seitan, its a really good meat like consistency, as opposed to a lot of meat alternatives that I am not fans of their textures. Also if you have a deep frier they have this stuff called mock duck at Asian markets, it comes in a can. If you double deep fry it it has a texture closer to meat than anything else I have tried.

Good luck with you fitness goals, looks like you got a good start going. I'm just scoping out everyone else's journals to help motivate myself.

-Dylan

Welcome to the group! Thanks for starting a journal here. Hope you make a lot of great progress based on your health and fitness goals.

Nice kettlebell work! I haven't used them much but got really into them a year ago. Perhaps it's time for me to start swinging em around again!

All the best.

-Robert

A brief check in. I have a bacterial infection on my chin from shaving. It is possibly MRSA...anyway I am two days into a three day anti-biotic drip, plus 7 days of oral anti-biotics. I have not had such copious amounts of bowel issues since I was about ten.

I'll get back to wokring out when I can. Right now I have a stint in my hand for easy IV drip access.

Good luck to the rest of you.

• 2 years later...