Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Divamom's online training log/ updated w/ pics
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:05 pm 
Gorilla

You still look really good. When my mom moves out here you should give her some tips. Good luck on your job hunt.

Post subject: Divamom's online training log/ updated w/ pics
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:35 pm 
Elephant

No companies want to give benefits...

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=40.138893,-74.063234

https://www.youtube.com/user/doctorvannostrand100

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:00 am 
Manatee

Finally...a decent day and ran into guy from the gym tonite that was sent by an angel many months back prior to huge event just recent. he was the one that said I couldn't quit...I had to do the competition I entered last Oct. It would set a standard of not following through. I love seeing this guy at the gym hottie dad, but no spark. we are just friends.
45 cardio am. stairmill• Warm up (3 sets of hyper extensions: 15-20 reps)
• Pull ups or assisted pull ups (3 x 10)
• Single arm dumbbell rows (3 x 10) 32.5
• Seated cable row (3 x 80) 100 #
• Barbell dead lifts (3 x 10) 50#
• standing dumbbell curls (3 x 10) 15#...right shoulder cannot bear much weight...something is up
• Abs 2 x 50 – Hanging leg lifts
really into stir fry w/ shredded spuds and vegan parmesan w/ tofu (I use 1 tblsp earth spread, . I eat a whole Lb thru out the day of tofu
GF bagel and too much almond butters/ organic jelly, no sugar and carrots. food is almost always clean. talking self out of binges but I had GF gumdrops today. Not a whole bag, but two good handfuls.

thanks, yeti..where is your mom? and I had bennies...I want again. I have faith...that of a mustard seed.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:17 am 
Site Admin

Have an awesome weekend!

Keep up the great work in the gym!

Robert

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:28 pm 
Manatee

Thanks Robert.
Giving up potatoes for lent, even tho' I am Jewish ( ha- kidding, don't practice anyways)
and Giving up gumdrops, GF bagels and cream cheese, too. And anything I know I will binge on...I hafta white knuckle it, as until I get a job, the weeks I don't have my 50% custody, I binge...the weeks I have my daughter I am ninja, stealth perfect on diet and training. So, correlation and tie inis EMOTIONAL...and emotions are NOT predictors of whats real. Time to buck up and quit being a f-ing baby. Oh, and EnviroKidz Leapin Lemur bars and cereal...I will make that my next cheat in two weeks! Off to cardio and legs will be later.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:23 pm 
Gorilla

My mom lives in Connecticut. I am flying out in May to move her here. She could probably use a friend, and someone to further influence her diet toward Veganism. (:

I'm really craving cinnamon toast crunch. I might buy a box of the Cascadian Farm variety next week.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:20 pm 
Manatee

SAT- I walked 5 at the beach- fast 2.5 on boardwalk. it was a workout in itself, the peeps on bikes was crazy- sunny and gorgeous, so dodging bikes. 2.5 in the sand on waters edge, playing dodge on the waters edge. I am so so lucky!

SUN: Legs
2 x 25 roman chair dsit ups
leg extensions 4 x 15 @ 70
can't do my regular squats and luges as my insides are messed up bad..no downward pressure- I feel like my guts will call out
plie squats 4 x 25 w/ 20 # dumbbells
plated leg squats (machine) , thats what it was called i think 4 x 10 @ 140# ( 70 each side)
leg curls 4 x 10 @50 #
butt blaster 3 x 15 @100#
calf extensions- on horiz leg press 4 x 15 w/ 90 on each side...maybe it was 135 on each side
Something! and y food is better. i am out of binge mode, kinda.
tofu, kombucha 9lots), fake meat and soy yogurt. (i put cocoa powder and agave syrup in it, my bad)- but no potatoes, gum drops or rice bars or almond butter- all bad foods for me right now

I think, and maybe its me- or if anyone reads this...we (peeps that wok out- and for me its been years...upon years- some more than others, but always SOMETHING- to go to 4 or 5 days a week..and from 85 mins to 45 mins ( or 8 and 10 ,miles to 3 to 4)...we are so so hard on ourselves. I have such a warped , twisted way of thinking I am fat, or a lazy person if I take a day off ( in this case two or three). and its still more than many. I am glad I have it, but I think SpartanDiva eluded to it a bit on a post as well, ...its a "constant"...it nags...somedays I find I measure my self worth on whether or not I did cardio or lifted- which has been a good thing--I wish I could channel that same drive to my career and personal life. Maybe I did...hmmm..time to write a best seller and not dawdle on a forum. I worked out- these were my workout thoughts, and all is good.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:56 am 
Manatee

egads...need to proof read better...saw my last post.
early am 35 cardio on stair mill; toilet was gong to overflow so I was 10mins late to gym. grrr. clothes are starting to fit better; like they did when I was eating towards competition and last two years. big sigh of relief.
will go back tonite w / baby girl and finish cardio and do shoulders and traps while she runs on treadmill.
3 x 25 in/outs abs
seated over head military 4 x 10 w/ 20#
my right front should head is ow-ie
arnold press 3 x 10 w/ 15#
bent over fly's 3 x 10 w/ 20#
shoulder shrugs 4 x 15 w/ 35#
upright row 1 x 10 w/ 30# barbell 1 x 10 w/ 40#
10 more on stair mill
brown rice w/ fake meat--yummy
had tofu earlier

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:04 pm 
Elephant

Youre killin it. ANd yes I agree you are way too hard on yourself, but that can also be a good thing!

https://www.youtube.com/user/doctorvannostrand100

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:42 am 
Manatee

thanks

45 cardio, level 16 on stair mill. interval program
food was OK...frickin' leaping lemur bars ( rice w/ choco drizzle)
still kinda lazy, but showing up and doing it...not my best work..but there. and going , not to failure, but to "tired"

* assisted pull ups 3 x 10
* regular lat pull downs 3 x 10 w/ 90#
* underhand close grip lat pull down 3 x 10 w/90#
*horizontal leg press 4 x 12 w/ 90# on both sides ( 180 total)
*Good Mornings 5 x 12 w/ 70#
*leg curls 4 x 10 @ 55#
*butt blasters 1 x 25 w/ 100#
*calf raises on horizontal press 4 x 15 w/ 90#

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:53 am 
Manatee

45 mins cardio stairmill, level 16 cardio program and fat burn. Will go back later, and tonight will be chest and tri but my right anterior head of deltoid is trashed and have been modifying my workouts to accomodate it wih a deceease in weights, but, something is better than nothing

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:35 pm 
Manatee

part two:
went back in the eve. consciously eating less and better- motivated by so many others here when I read stories, see pics, and video. some amazing committed peeps at this forum. So eating a LOT more protein like i did when i trained for my competition.. Tjoes has a fake meat that is uber high in protein- not doing any protein powder right now as it tears my stomach to pieces , and I still have a soft spot for the organic smooth peanut butter (not even buying almond right now- dangerous, and do you know what you can do with agave syrup, cocoa powder, peanut butter and rice puffs (organic)?(i had a luna today and yesterday was a box of choco drizzle envirokidz bars- almost like candy- quite yum, but a whole box is 720 kcal- and mostly carbs- so, -when I carb- I carb- so amping on protein and I can see the difference.
workout
* Incline press, 3 x 15 w/ 5# on ea side ( my right anterior head of my shoulder is jacked up with all sorts of crinkly noises and a modicum of pain attached) and I used big boy bar
*supine all the good benches were taken w/ a bar, so I did supine bench w/ #15 dumbbells, but its all my right shoulder could bear
*dumbbell fly's 3 x 15 w/ 8- again, my shoulder is screaming!
*1- armed scull crushers 3 x 15 w/ 10#
*dips on cybex- 3 x 10 w/ 45# ea side
*tri ceps pull down 4 x 10 w/ I forgot to look, but Great challenge to self w/ weights- so was the dips
can't do my push ups. My shoulder hurts that bad

Last edited by divamom on Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:59 am 
Gorilla

Keep at it pal, how is the job hunt coming?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:32 pm 
VBB Moderator Powerlifter & Ultrarunner

Good luck with the job hunting, keep your head up.

Some really solid training in here, keep up the good work! BTW, was going to ask you how you perform your 1 x arm skullcrushers? Dumbbell I presume?

Image @MiniForklift
WEB: http://www.jimsty.wix.com/strength-vs-size
FB: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mini-Forklift/161273440616736?ref=hl

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:05 am 
Manatee

Thanks Forklift on the career stuff! It is solid training...I am at a maintenance mode right now--but my mentality screams for, "faster, better, leaner, stronger:.

Yes, I use dumbbells. I had a stress fracture years ago on my front left forearm ad have never been able to do the lie down , with a barbell kind I see the really cool, strong people do at the gym since. have tried. So, now, I have cuyt my weights back even more because of my right anterior deltoid. Sucks getting old, but beats the alternative-...whatever that may be.

Quite the impressive physique in the avatar.

Today- so far-
45 mins on the stair mill- level 16. Its so engrained.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next