Robert's Training Journal - A Tale of Yeah's and Buddy's

I competed on Saturday, was told I need to be bigger and thicker, which I know, and got back in the gym on Monday and hit the chest pretty hard.

I'll be eating as much as possible without upsetting my stomach and training very heavy, the Ryan Wilson (VeganEssentials) style that gave me some of my best gains.

Time to get my SWOL on. I no longer want to be stuck in the 170s and lean. I need to reveal the Big Big Fat Him that I know is possible to be unleashed soon.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I'm still working on bulking up. I'm eating quite a bit and eating a variety of foods. I had a tough leg training session today and I'm over 300 consecutive days of doing push-ups and sit-ups (not many, just some).

I still like to focus on healthy greens and fruits, but I eat vegan cookies and ice cream these days too

Yeah, I will start to keep a detailed log book soon. I compete in 6 days but I'm not going to cut down really, I'm bulking as I prepare to compete. It's for a non-profit organization.

I trained arms today and loved it

That's awesome Rob. Unlike everyone else trying to lose their weight to look good on the beach, or whatever it is everyone else does, I too am trying to put on a couple pounds. I've been eating big and heavy, but I can't keep track of the weight because I've been doing some flushes & cleanses (thanks to the advice and help of BigBwii ), and eliminating lots of waste too, so I can't keep track of gains.

Yeah, I'm going to try :)

I have a hard time keeping up with it, but that is my intent eventually :)

So have you worked out in the past 6 days? I'd assume you have. I think I'm going to bug you about posting your workout journal on a regular basis to make sure you stick to your bulking plan. Come on man, get big! Post the path to the results in here!

Regards,

Sensless

• 2 weeks later...

I had a great workout yesterday, you can read about it in the fitness training section.

Someone wrote about it for me

Yeah, I have about 10 things on a plate that holds 4, so I can't get everything done. I am still training, just haven't made the time to write about it.

But I will "try" soon.

I'm training back tonight with stove6 from the forum, visiting from Texas.

I just like to give you a bit of the business. I noticed the training mention in the other thread after posting that. You hit 275x3 on bench! That's a huge change, weren't you maxing around 250 or so not that long ago?

I'm terrible at keeping training logs updated. If you look at mine on VF ever you may notice the terrible jumps in dates, though sometimes they are due to long layoffs because of life interfering with training it is mostly due to failure to take the five minutes to update the log.

Regards,

Sensless

I didn't actually hit 275, I think it was 225 for 5 reps or something like that. We were changing weights around so it may have been tough to keep track of. I was doing some hammer strength machine with 275, which could be what stove is referring to.

But either way, I feel pretty strong these days.

This week I trained:

Saturday: Arms

Sunday: Back

Monday: OFF

Tuesday: Chest/Shoulders

Wednesday: Back

Thursday: Legs

I'm training about an hour each time, doing just about 4 exercises and usually 3-5 sets. I go to failure on nearly every set, which makes it tough.

I'm also taking Vega about 3 times a day, as well as some glutamine, a bit of creatine, and some other things (multivitamin and stuff like that).

So hopefully I'll get beyond this silly 4% bodyfat and get in double digits!

I'll try to keep a more detailed log. I have time, I just don't do it for some reason.

Keep up the work. I found the easiest way to gain weight is to eat, then eat, then eat some more. Then once in awhile, hit a bunch of compound movements and carry weights around, then follow it with more eating. The 1500 calorie meal before going to sleep seems to help as well (especially with recovery times).

Regards,

Sensless

I had a nice arm workout last night. I'm starting to train hard again and on a regular basis.

I started with high pulley bicep contractions maybe 4 or 5 sets of those.

Then I went to two-arm cable bicep curls for about 6 sets (I love those!).

After that I did some dumbbell hammer curls for about 4 or 5 sets and then a few more cable curls with drop sets.

I hit up the lower back a bit too (just to get it stronger) in between bicep exercises.

I trained triceps mostly with variations of rope pull-downs (push-downs), extensions, and some dips.

It was a good time. Then I ate a lot.

Time to go eat again, see ya.