Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: IronSmith's Vegan Diet & Exercise Log to Defeat Cancer
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 10:11 pm 
Rabbit

Curious-are you a candidate for a prostatectomy with lymph node dissection/removal?

Sending prayers for peace and understanding your way!

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 12:12 pm 
Rabbit

Usually a prostatectomy is performed in Stage I or Stage II prostate cancer cases. After that there are too many drawbacks for that type of procedure With Stage III or Stage IV the cancer has spread to other areas of the body so it's too late for that to be effective. Also there is a high risk that the very process of surgery would release the cancer to travel to other parts of the body also. Even a biopsy can be risky. However a survey carries the highest level of risk that are way too high. At least that is how I have been led to believe.

Held Drug Free Powerlifting State, National, & World Records in the Federations NASA, AAPF, ADFPA, & Amateur IPA.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 7:43 pm 
Rabbit

I was given the suggestion to check out Dr. Fuhrman website. Thank you very much!

"...he looks at things and treatment a little different, especially prostate cancer."
You can find him at www.drfuhrman.com

I have read a lot about his approach. I have searched high and low for information to help in this matter. Some very helpful, other a little out there, but who's to say?

Held Drug Free Powerlifting State, National, & World Records in the Federations NASA, AAPF, ADFPA, & Amateur IPA.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 1:10 pm 
Rabbit

I'm tightening up my diet. No fruit except citrus (including the pith) and berries. Also a few apples (including the seeds) in my smoothies. Over all I'm trying to reduce my sugar in my diet. Also no rice, white potatoes, or pasta. Sweet potatoes are OK in small amounts. Drinking two smoothies a day up from one. Making one of them with raw beets, cabbage, carrots, broccoli stalks, ginger, strawberries, etc. The other is my usual green smoothie. Lot of dark green salads. Using lots of watercress, beet greens, mustard greens, kale, cucumbers, etc. Trying to eat at least 80% raw. But am steaming 10-15 stalks of asparagus a day. Also going to start a new supplement of Atlas Agarius Ekismate mushrooms. Suppose to increase the Killer cells that attack cancer cells. Also trying to get at least 30 minutes of sunlight a day to increase my Vit. D. My last test showed I was very low in that area!

Fighting back the best I can. My exercise program has slowed down due to all the Doctor's appointments and feeling exhausted dealing with all the stressful news. But I'm going to try and get that back up to a more acceptable level this week. That helps burn off some of the stress and gets more oxygen in my blood stream. Cancer does not do well in an oxygenized body!

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 3:34 pm 
Rabbit

Thanks for answering my question-I'm mostly on the other side of surgery in dealing with prostate issues during surgery - I'm a CRNA (Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist). My history taking is detailed with patients mostly regarding the "now" in relation to their upcoming anesthetic.
Once again, I admire your constant diligence in researching all that you can do for yourself through nutrition and a healthy lifestyle- in other words, controlling WHAT you can control. I wish on a daily basis my patients would do that..... In my 8.5 yrs of anesthesia practice, people are sicker, have more unrealistic expectations for healthcare and in return demand more out if me with LESS resources- (a cOmpletely different topic for discussion!).
So again, keep up the fight and I'm thinking and praying for you!!

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 6:20 pm 
Rabbit

I believe in the Serenity Prayer. It's not just for recovering addicts. It'a a good approach to life for all of us!

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
Courage to change the things I can;
And wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.

Just trying to be as proactive for myself and my family in those areas I may be able to make a difference!

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 11:48 pm 
Site Admin

Wishing you all the very best!

Hope all goes well with your upcoming appointments and meetings with doctors.

Have a great weekend.

-Robert

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:55 am 
Rabbit

Robert,
Thank you for your support. You have a great website and forums here, I use a lot of the nutritional information from your book. Very helpful my friend!

Larry

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 5:03 pm 
Rabbit

In my constant search for nutritional approached to fight my prostate cancer, I have searched high and low. I have come across many different approaches, many that make good sense to me and quite a few that seem like of loony. But even thought I may at first have my suspicions I try not to be too quick to dismiss. I just look for other authors and researches that may support or disprove any of those ideas. And even those thee may be a kernel of truth in part of the approaches while the rest is kind of shaky!

There are two authors that I have recently become aware of that are making an impression on me even if at first that may seem a bit farfetched.

The first is Jeff Primack, an Qigong partitioner (Qigong.com). I have bought two of his books: "Conquering Any Disease" and "Smoothie Formulas". They are remarkable books and I would highly recommend them to anyone facing health problems!

The second is Verne Varona who I am just learning about. I'm going to send for two of his books very soon.

I am trying to keep an open mind and not dismiss anyone just off hand Very often I am just finding old ideas just repackaged. Old wine in new bottles. But other times I an finding just the opposite! New wine in old bottles.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 7:08 pm 
Rabbit

Attachment:
File comment: This is a tee shirt logo I'm playing around with. I borrowed two of the logos from my son's band!
Slide1.jpg
Slide1.jpg [ 62.23 KiB | Viewed 729 times ]

Great day. Great weekend!

Went to watch my son sing in his band last night (wrongsause.com). They were killer! Full house and everyone was really blown away by the band. Rita and I really enjoyed ourselves! Today we went to our grandson's 13th birthday party. Great conversations and fun shared all around. I do believe that sharing love and joy with my family is a major part of my fight against cancer. Happy emotions, laughter, and real relaxation releases positive chemicals in the body that are healing!
Got some sun today and did lots of walking all weekend! But no weight training. Will get in a good leg/lower back workout tomorrow morning.

Wednesday I have my biopsy! I can hardly wait! Trying to be as positive as possible and distract myself with positive activities!

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 4:20 pm 
Rabbit

20 minutes on my recumbent bike.
Parallel Box squats with Buffalo Bar: (The four chains equal about 80 pounds at top of squat and deload to almost zero when momentarily sitting on the parallel box) (Just used my powerlifting belt and no knee wraps)
70 + four chains x 10 reps
130 + four chains x 8 reps
180 + four chains x 6 reps
230 + four chains x 3 reps
280 + four chains x 3 reps
Felt like I was strong enough to do another set with 330 but very tired. So I decided to back off everything considered.
Ab bench three sets of 16 reps.
TKEs - two sets of 20 reps on each leg.
Shin raises - two sets of 20 reps.
Called it a day!

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 5:58 pm 
Rabbit

Went to Columbus this morning for my nutritional IV treatment. I always feel better doing that. Tomorrow morning I check into the hospital for my test. Praying for a positive results. Keep hammering!

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 8:03 am 
Rabbit

Thoughts are with you!

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 2:05 pm 
Rabbit

Well had my procedure this morning and the immediate results of the biopsy is that there is cancer in my lymph nodes in my lung area. There will be further results that I will learn more about on Monday after the biopsy undergoes more analysis in the lab. I am more determined than ever to fight this. I plan on being the come back kid in this battle with cancer. I have promises to keep to my late wife Linda and my current wife Rita. And of course all the rest of my wonderful family and friends! Love all around!

Going out to the kitchen right now to make my green smoothie and then take a long walk!

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 9:56 pm 
Rabbit

Bummer on the lymph nodes-keep up the fight!
Cool logo above-
Praying for you~

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 16  Next