2. 50lbs (10 reps)
3. 45lbs (10 reps)
4. 40lbs (10 reps)
5. 35lbs (10 reps)
6. 35lbs (10 reps)

Supplements Used:
2 scoops of ACG3
2 creatine 185 pills
1 1/2 scoops of Vega Post Workout (will be continuing protein intake throughout the night to reach my protein goal)

Post subject: Re: xVeganDestroyerx January Training Journal
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:32 pm 
Site Admin

I know you will be successful. I can already tell that you have what it takes to achieve whatever it is you care about.

All the best!

Go get em!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:37 pm 
Rabbit

Thanks Robert! Seeing you achieve what you have has inspired me to be here.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:16 pm 
Site Admin

Awesome! Keep it up. Looking forward to watching your progression.

All the best!

Say hi to the ATX for me. I'll be there in about a month.

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:21 pm 
Manatee

Love the routine! Hit it hard and keep us posted!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:43 pm 
Rabbit

Derek wrote:
Love the routine! Hit it hard and keep us posted!

I will for sure. Saw the article you posted and was like I need to try it this way. We try and switch our routine every few weeks to keep our muscles on their toes. When I first started at the gym I used to have everything days and it was fun but it lacked focus and I think that was the focus I needed to make it legit.

Post subject: Jan 2nd (Arms Day) An inbetween compound lifting workout day
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:51 pm 
Rabbit

Concentration Curls (4 sets):

35lbs (10 reps)
40lbs (5 reps)
35lbs (5 reps)
30lbs (10 reps)

Thoughts -
I think I should have maybe started at 40 because when I went up to it after seeing that I could do 10 I had sort of used my energy before moving up. I may start with 40 next time to get maximum reps out with the heavier weights.

Overhead Triceps Extension With Dumbell (3 sets):

35lbs (10 reps)
40lbs (10 reps)
30lbs (10 reps)

Thoughts - I could probably have done a few more sets but I didn't want to burn my triceps out too early so that they could get the benefit of being worked out on other excercises in different/potentially more challenging ways. It was early in the workout at this point.

Hammer Curls (4 sets):

35lbs (10 reps)
30lbs (10 reps)
27.5lbs (10 reps)
25lbs (10 reps)

Thoughts - These are always a little bit of a challenge for me but ever since seeing someone do them a while back I really like the challenge they present with working out biceps and it's a little more fun that just your basic bicep curl. I would say this excercise ends up being a staple on every day biceps are included individually.

Triceps Press (3 sets):
180lbs (5 reps)
160lbs (10 reps)
150lbs (10 reps)

Thoughts - I like this machine even though it feels weird to sit in because the seat is slanted downward. It's funny lifting something in that way that is heavier than I am that makes me hover about a millimeter above the seat, but I can lift it haha.

Incline Shoulder Press with Free Weights (3 sets):

45lbs (11 reps)
40lbs (6 reps)
35lbs (6 reps)

Thoughts - This is also a favorite of mine. Mostly because it makes my biceps look awesome in the mirror while doing them :). This while it does have obvious benefits I feel like is a self-esteem excercise. On days where I feel like i'm really lagging or not performing up to where my crazy mind thinks it should be performing, doing these reminds me that I am strong and it's something i'm good at so it makes me feel better. On this particular day it was awesome to be able to up my max to 45lb free weights but my second two sets were a little lacking. Next week if the same happens I may also do an extra set of 20's with as many reps as I can possibly do to make up for what my arms weren't willing to perform.

Dip/Chin Assist Machine (My current weight is 167.2lbs):

110lb resistance with both Dips and Pull-Ups 1 set of each (57.2lbs lifted)
120lb resistance with both Dips and Pull-Ups 2 sets of each (47.2lbs lifted)

Thoughts - For those who are not familiar with this machine it's actually pretty cool and accessible for people who's strong points do not include Dips or Pull-Ups. You set the weight with the pin and it has a platform to balance on which helps to use that weight to counteract your body weight. So say you weigh 150lbs and you set it at 100lbs with the pin, you are doing Dips and Pull-Ups with 50lbs of weight. This is a good way I think to ease into Dips using solely your own body weight which I don't really have a problem with or Pull-Ups using solely your own body weight which I think I am ok at.

Iso-Lateral Military Press (3 sets):

55lbs on each side (8 reps)
45lbs on each side (10 reps)
45lbs on each side (8 reps)

Thoughts - I always struggle a little bit with consistency of sets on this machine so I try to include it more as it's something i'm not great at. I always feel like the first set is a struggle but I get it done and then the sets after that i'm lacking a little. It could be placement during the workout but I kinda feel like (in my mind at least), if i've mastered something, I can do it consistently at ANY point in the workout and still be able to deliver the goods. This is just something I need to work harder at, or maybe introduce water a little bit sooner in my workout. The ACG3 even though it's a great pre-workout, it takes all the water to your muscles so you can perform at a higher degree but that also dehydrates you too so at some point you have to bring water into the equation. The one time I did try the electrolyte rehydrator that Vega makes in twin with the ACG3 I felt like it evened it out perfectly so it may be time to invest in some of that in addition.

Palms Up Barbel Wrist Curl Over a Bench (4 sets):

70lbs (10 reps x2)
60lbs (10 reps x2)

Thoughts - These are something I dread for one reason or another but I don't want to have massive upper arm and toothpick lower arm so I try to make myself do them. I think me disliking them is good enough reason to force myself to do them. I can't allow myself the chance to be my own worst enemy because it's all downhill from there. I recommend these if you find yourself skipping over forearms in your workout.

Barbel Preacher Curls (with the curved/slanted in the middle barbels):

60lbs (10 reps x3)

Thoughts - These were more of a for fun thing at this point. The workout was essentially done for me before the forearm stuff. I guess it was mostly because I had wanted to do one more bicep thing but had forgotten to do them, and I had done the same with 50lbs last week so I wanted to see where I was at and if I could do them. A few days out of the week we set a goal/benchmark for ourselves like for instance yeah this is such and such a muscle group day but I want to see if I can do Leg Press with 5 plates on each side, as a sort of reward and it can turn a crappy gym day into a positive gym day because you've reached a goal. On a side note be careful on the leg press and only lift what you are 100 percent confident you can lift. I have been working around cracked ribs, which are almost healed for 3 weeks now. It was legs day and I had already done a significant amount of leg exercises. I wanted to challenge myself and see if I could lift 5 45lb plates on each side. I was able to do a full set, however that was literally all the juice I had left and when I decreased the weight on the press I replaced one 45lb plate on each side with a 25 instead. Lemme give you an important piece of advice here. There is a difference between listening to your gut and being stubborn and is easy to confuse when you're going to the gym in the first place to lift heavier weights. I knew I should have either called it quits after that set or took more weight off. I didn't and my ego put my back in the seat with the odds against me. I lifted the weight up, released the stoppers, and started to decline downward. My legs completely buckled. I am shorter so I have to have the seat propped completely up, which also allows me no escape. Because something like that can and did happen so fast there really is no way for someone to adequately spot you because from where another person can stand there is nowhere to get good enough leverage to stop the sled from coming down. As a result even with a spotter, 410lbs pushed my legs into my chest and I felt my ribs pop inward. I may find other ways to work out that muscle group on the future or at least listen to my common sense next time and take extreme care with this machine. It has hindered my workouts ever since because i've had to work around it and had not been able to do my favorite things until this week. Please be careful. If you see someone taking extra care on a machine, let that be an example to be twice as vigilant about it. Something like that could have put me out of the game for longer if I wasn't lucky. Fortunately my body heals fast and this week I have been able to perform at my old level with very minor pain. BE SAFE!

Supplements Used:

AcG3 (two scoops) - roughly about (6000mg of Creatine combo Creatine Citrate, Creatine Magnesium Chelate, and Creatine Ethyl Ester)
Vega Post Workout - 1 1/2 scoops (35 grams of protein approx)

I will continue supplementing with Vega Protein for the rest of the night with my meals until with a combination of both food and protein drink I reach 140 to 150 grams of protein.

Last edited by xVeganDestroyerx on Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Warming Up
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:08 pm 
Rabbit

I also wanted to mention, and I think this is something that Robert suggests in his book Vegan Bodybuilding and Fitness, warming up before stretching. We usually do 5-10 mins of cardio before stretching before the workout. Getting the blood flowing makes those muscles easier to stretch and less likely to be damaging if you stretch a little too far. Also make sure you take the time to stretch what you worked out the previous day and what you're going to work out that day. Make sure you stretch adequately no matter how long it takes you. Your workout will be better and you'll be less likely to get hurt.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:25 pm 
Rabbit

Yo, I think you forgot a couple of things brah. I saw you do the tricep pushdown machine, and maybe something else that I can't recall.

Post subject: Jan 4th, 2012
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:22 am 
Rabbit

Sorry this is a few hours late, was trying to make sure to compile all the info from what I had eaten too which can be difficult because I eat anything that isn't nailed down and not terrible for you.

Barbel Rows (4 sets):

1. 80lbs (12 reps)
2. 60lbs (10 reps)
3. 70lbs (10 reps)
4. 50lbs (10 reps)

Thoughts - Could probably have lifted a little more but I didn't want to fatigue myself too early and under-deliver on some of the other excercises.

Pull-Ups (4 sets):

1. 110 lbs resistance, 58lbs lifted (12 reps)
2. 100 lbs resistance, 68lbs lifted (12 reps)
3. 120 lbs resistance, 48lbs lifted (12 reps)
4. 120 lbs resistance, 48lbs lifted (12 reps)

Lat Pull-Downs (4 sets):

1. 120lbs (12 reps)
2. 120lbs (12 reps)
3. 100lbs (10 reps)
4. 100lbs (12 reps)

Thoughts - Got kinda dehydrated here from my pre-workout ACG3. Took a water break.

Dumbell Shrugs (4 sets):

1. 50lbs (15 reps)
2. 65lbs (15 reps)
3. 45lbs (15 reps)
4. 35lbs (15 reps)

Thoughts - 65lbs was fine weight-wise for me to lift but it was a little much for my hands to take and was hard to keep a grip on.

Bench Press (4 sets):

1. 95lbs (10 reps) *warm-up*
2. 155lbs (10 reps)
3. 145lbs (10 reps)
4. 125lbs (14 reps)

Thoughts - Bench is my favorite. Satisfied with what I did today.

Dumbell Incline Bench (3 sets):

1. 50lbs (8 reps)
2. 45lbs (6 reps)
3. 40lbs (8 reps)

Thoughts - Was really damn tired at this point.

Close/Narrow-Grip Bench Press (3 sets):

1. 115lbs (9 reps)
2. 95lbs (10 reps)
3. 95lbs (12 reps)

Thoughts - I was really tired at this point and I think I took too long between exercises and my muscles cooled down so the last set was a super challenge but I think I really like this exercise and plan to do it more in the future. It felt weird because there is more balance involved in this one but after getting used to it, it's pretty fun.

Food/Supplements Consumed Today:
I don't have exact numbers here for some stuff, just speculations/guesstimations. This is what I had in order today.

ZLT from Daily Juice (Raw) (10-15g protein?)
Raw Bread
Dehydrated Beet Bacon
Sunflower Sprouts
Lettuce
Tomato
Coconut Mayo

Vegan Ice-Cream Sundae with Vegan Marshmallows
(gonna guess about 400-500 calories)

Vega Sport Protein Berry 1 and 1/2 scoops (37.5 g)

Cashew Linguine (5-10g protein?)

Popcorn Tofu (25g protein?)

Vegan Shells and Cheese with Broccoli

Spicy sesame potatoes

chocolate chip cookie

Half a black forest cookie

Yerba Mate Empower Mint

ACG3 Pre-Workout Drink (2 scoops)
Creatine 185 (2 pills/1 dose)

*workout happened here*

Vega Sport Protein Berry 1 and 1/2 scoops (37.5 g)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:13 pm 
Stegosaurus

Looking good so far, xVeganDestroyerx! Here's to seeing you reach that 170 lb. mark soon enough! :)

Post subject: Jan 6th, 2012
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:22 pm 
Rabbit

So today was an awful workout day for me. Sleep definitely played a factor in that. I was absolutely exhausted today, put on the wrong shoes (not my gym shoes), forgot a pre-workout etc. I made it through 5 sets of dead lifts, about 5-7 mins of cardio total because I wanted to do something. I ended up being just not in a condition to work out very long today and it was pretty disappointing. Wanting to lift, and not having the gas to get going is an awful feeling.

Here is what I did make it through today nonetheless

Deadlifts (5 sets):

1. 65lbs (10 reps)
2. 65lbs (10 reps)
3. 65lbs (10 reps) *These were initially intended to be warm-up reps but I had such low energy that I was tanked right away*
4. 85lbs (10 reps)
5. 85lbs (6 reps)

After this I tried to do some cardio on the treadmill. I was just far too dizzy feeling to continue. This is where I stopped today. I'll just have to rest and try harder tomorrow.

As for food I intend on stuffing my face but right now i'm eating Tempe, Brocolli, and Mushrooms that have been steamed/sauteed in a small amount of olive oil, filtered water, and braggs.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:08 pm 
Stegosaurus

Hey, xVeganDestroyerx!

Believe me, some days I can barely get moving and motivated due to low energy when I get to the gym - I've had a handful of sessions this past year where I went in, warmed up, knew something was off, and waited until the next day. While it's nice to try and always be on plan, sometimes life throws a curve and waiting one more day or two is the best thing for a good workout. Don't worry too much about it, just hit it hard in the next day or two when energy levels are better, and it'll be good!

Post subject: Jan 7th, 2012
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:26 pm 
Rabbit

So today was sort of a make up for what I wasn't able to do yesterday, day.

Overhead Barbell Press (5 sets):

3 warmup sets with just the bar (45lbs) (10 reps)
1. 85lbs (10 reps)
2. 85lbs (4 reps)
3. 75lbs (10 reps)
4. 75lbs (7 reps)
5. 65lbs (10 reps)

Thoughts - I don't have much experience with this one, so I was only able to lift a little. Next time will be better I think.

Hyper Extensions (3 sets):

1. Body Weight (15 reps)
2. Body Weight (15 reps)
3. Body Weight (20 reps)

Thoughts - The machine we have at our gym to use for this is really uncomfortable and no matter how far down you are you find yourself sliding back and getting your manhood crushed a little.

Dumbell Lateral Raise (3 sets):

1. 25lbs (12 reps)
2. 25lbs (12 reps)
3. 25lbs (12 reps)

Thoughts - We had just started adding these a little bit into our workout. They're a new challenge and I like them!

Incline Shoulder Press with Free Weights (3 sets):

1. 45lbs (12 reps)
2. 40lbs (12 reps)
3. 35lbs (12 reps)

Thoughts - Tried to start it with 50lb dumbells but i'm just not there yet. Couldn't even get it past the point where it was above my shoulders.

Cardio (Treadmill):

1. Heart Rate (Fat-Burn setting), 65% (10 minutes)

Supplements and Food:

Creatine 189 (two pills)
ACG3 (1 and 1/2 scoops)
Vega Sport Protein (1 and 1/2 scoops) 37g protein
Subway 6" (All veggies but banana peppers, salt and pepper)
Half a veggie pizza from promise pizza (Daiya cheese, black olives, green peppers, garlic, basil)

I'm sure i'll be eating more as the night goes on. I work graveyard tonight.

Post subject: January 8th, 2012
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:56 am 
Rabbit

Cardio:
1 Hour Treadmill
Walked to and from the gym (about a mile each way)

I've been falling behind on cardio a little. It was time to give it a little attention. Tomorrow i'll probably do my compound lifts for legs and arms.

Supplements and Food:
ACG3
2 scoops of Vega Sport Protein (50g protein?)
Creatine 189 (2 pills)
Cliff Bar
Black Quinoa with almonds and Olives