Jessica's Training Journal

A little about me:

A have been a vegan for about a year and a half now and began going to the gym shortly after. I have made some decent improvements in that time and hope to make lots more! I will upload some pictures later on but have not taken any of myself in a while.

I currently work out 6 days a week and my main focus is my abs and losing my last bit of belly fat.

Here is my current work out plan.

Monday-Leg day

Legs Squats with bar and weights

-1 set warm up (15 reps)

-4 sets heavy (8 reps) + jump squats to failure

Dead Lifts

-1 set warm up (15 reps)

-1 set slightly heavier (10 reps)

-3 or 4 sets heavy (8 reps)

Seated leg raise + Lying down leg curls (super set)

-6 sets heavy (6-8 reps) each

Calves

-6 sets with bar (15 reps)

Tuesday -Abs + Biceps day

(reps vary)

-3 sets jesus sit ups

-5 sets cable crunches

-5 sets ab crunch machine

-2 sets chin ups (max reps)

Bicep sitting barbell curl

-1 set warm up (15 reps)

-4 sets heavy (8 reps)

Bicep standing cable curl

-4 sets heavy (8 reps)

Wednesday- Shoulders and Triceps Day

Shoulder barbell press

-2 sets warm up (15 reps)

-4 sets heavy (6-8 reps)

Shoulder Dumbbell press

-3 sets heavy (6 reps)

Shoulder side laterals

-3 sets heavy (8 reps)

Shoulder front laterals

-2 sets heavy (8 reps)

Tricep behind head dumbbell curl

-2 sets medium (10-12 reps)

-2 sets heavy (6-8 reps)

Tricep rope extension

-4 sets heavy (reps vary)

Tricep dip vary between weighted and without

-To failure

Thursday – Abs and Cardio Day 1

-2 sets ab crunch machine

-3 sets hanging leg raises

-5 sets leg raises on ground

-2 sets ab exercise of choice

-20-40 minutes of high intensity intervals on treadmill

Friday-Rest Day

Saturday-Chest and Back Day

Incline bench press (assisted)

-1 set warm up (15 reps)

-3 sets heavy (6-8 reps)

Flat Bench Press (assisted)

-3 sets heavy (6-8 reps)

Flat dumbbell fly

-2 sets medium (12-15 reps)

-1 set heavy (6-8 reps)

Chin ups

-2 sets (max reps)

Lat machine

-1 set warm up (20 reps)

-3 sets heavy, front (8-10 reps)

-3 sets heavy, back (8-10 reps)

Barbell rows

-1 set warm up (15 reps)

-3 sets heavy (8 reps)

Rear delt raises

-3 sets (8)

Lat machine pullout

-3 sets (8)

Sunday- Abs and Cardio day 2

(reps may vary)

-2 sets sides

-5 sets cable crunches

-5 sets ab crunch machine

-2 sets of ab exercise of choice

-20-40 min high intensity intervals on treadmill

Edited by Jessica.veggiegirl

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently changed my diet up a bit and I have noticed an awesome energy increase! Except for my protein shakes i eat a pretty low protein diet because I do not have fake meats available to me in China, I don't like fake meats, and I don't like tofu or tempeh xP. I have made improvements on the amount of protein my diet provides but i want to make even more so finally decided to start taking protein powder rather than higher calorie food protein options.

My current diet is like this

Breakfast (same thing everyday)-1/2 cup oatmeal, soymilk, 1/4 of an apple, 5 slices of banana, 5 almonds, a few raisins and a few sunflower seeds.

Snack-100 calories worth of nuts, seeds and/or dried fruit

Lunch-Veggies, beans and either rice or noodles

Snack 2-100 calories of fruit and/or vegetables

Snack 3-Pre workout shake

Snack 4-Post workout shake

Dinner-Whatever i made that night usually something with a lot of veggies, carbs and some beans or nuts etc.

Snack 5-200 calories of anything i want (generally still eat healthy stuff like fruit, i rarely eat processed food and i only make desserts on Saturday BUT if i wanted to eat something bad i could )

Snack 6-Before bed shake

I count calories and eat about 1500 calories a day. I have made Fridays a cheat day because having a once a week cheat day is supposed to help give your metabolism a boost and keep it from slowing down too much but i usually don't end up eating any more calories than i would on any other day xP.

You live in China? That's awesome. What do you do there?

-Dylan

I grew up here because my parents do business here with agriculture.

Had a decent leg work out yesterday Only got 6 hours of sleep and ate almost no carbs so was a bit tired but I did decent and deadlifted more than i did last time (60kg) Which doesn't sound like much but it is almost 10kg more than i weight .

Legs are still a bit sore from the work out but haven't gotten in the way of getting a good work out Tuesday . It has only been two days but doing really good on my new weight loss diet plan. I keep forgetting to drink a protein shake before bed though so i have been eating about 1,000 calories rather than my planned oun 1,200. I am still feeling energized so i am REALLY happy about that because usually when i eat below 1500 i get a major energy drop at 6:00pm or so. I am also not getting grouchy which usually happens when i feel a bit hungry after the gym. So ya i am quite happy with how things are going and feeling good about my past improvements and confident that i will get where i want to be.

My Long term goals are to get a six pack and become a lot more muscular.I want a lot of muscle but i want it shredded and tight so i still have a very slim look and look like a girl x) but have a lot of muscle packed on. I am kind of going for how zuzana light looks (except no fake boobs) I love the way that looks and i want people to look at me and know i look out and think i look fit and healthy. I think looks are really important because it shows a lot about who you are and i work hard at pretty much everything so i want to also LOOK like i work hard .

Everything has been going fairly well and i am enjoying my cheat day greatly after a week of 1,000 calories a day. Next week i will probably increase it a bit because my stomach wasn't feeling the best yesterday and i would feel really hungry and eat a little then feel stuffed then in a few minutes hungry again. My body is pretty quick to complain to me so i am going to listen and up the calories just a bit x). On the bright side i was still really high energy and finished my ab work out even though my stomach was hurting . Now to enjoy my break day.

Haha ya i really think she looks amazing except if you googled her she did used to pose for nude pictures a long time ago so just a little late warning hehe.

I have been sticking to my work outs pretty well and got a great ab workout. I need to get new shoes because 1. one of them is ripping a bit making it lose and it slides around when i do my sprints and two the owner of my gym (it is a small gym so he just hangs around) was telling me how this 50 year old can run fast and do it gracefully but i am young and i am like making loud noises. That is probably true but i listen to music so loud i can't hear but except for the fact that the old guy rans fast for no more than like 20 seconds my shoes are also really heavy espesially at the front (for any one who has keens you know). He was trying to tell me i need to run softer cause other wise it can be bad for my joints but i am running normal it is just on the treadmill my shoes are just hard and heavy and kind of hit it hard at the end. It actually REALLY peeved me for some reason but my boyfriend assured me he wasn't trying to mock me. I have; however, decided to look at a bunch of different cardio options to try and have been weighing the pros and cons of each. My current options are:

Treadmill (find it easier to do high intensity intervals), hulahooping (I am really good at it now so can do it for as long as i want), Biking (i find this relaxing while i can go for a long time as well as push myself), jump rope, running outside (the only problems with this are i live in a city so harder and i get a super sore throat if i run when it is chilly), elliptical (this is nice and it is convenient since right in the gym but gets pretty boring), Exercise Vids.

Going to go and pick the best few to do every once and a while for cardio to switch things up.

Today is my rest day and i was supposed to go bowling with some friends later today but the place i found is apparently no longer open so i managed to find a different bowling place. It is 15 min by car but to bike will probably be 40 or so min so for something to do i might bike there ahead and make sure it is open and not too expensive and everything first .

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't written much lately but everything has been good Recently got a pair of vibrams and i LOVE them and enjoy running so much more! Ran too much after getting them though so now i have gotten some new shoe blisters lol. As soon as they heal though i am back to it!

I feel like my diet could use a bit of an improvement. Haven't been eating anything bad but i feel like i am eating a bit too many carbs (what can i say i love noodles? x) ). I have convinced my mom to do a 7 day detox with me and so in the next week or two i will begin that and hopefully reduce my daily need for carbs or die trying . I have also become like addicted to oatmeal! It has a weird way of satisfying my sweet tooth even though i never add sugar and my soymilk/coconut milk is sugar free. SO YUMMY!

I have been doing wonderfully lately and have been energized, happier, and i worry less now too .

Looking forward to Friday so I can have my weekly fried potatoes and possibly a piece of homemade coffee cake! Muahaha!

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't gotten for a while but everything is going quite well The gym is closed for 3 days for China's tomb sweeping festival so i decided to start a food diary and my eating has decreased a LOT with like no effort. I am really hoping my decreased appetite combined with my more frequent jogging and yoga sessions will help me finally lose this last little bit of fat! and Gym is back open today so that helps too x). Summer is also on it's way and it has become quite warm here so there is also the possibility of going swimming!

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah thanks for the late warning, I'm appauled! My virgin vegan straightedge eyes! They're burning, burning! Hows that for a joke a month late on the timing?

Everything going well still? Hitting your fitness goals?

-Dylan