Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 313 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: Gaia's Cut
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:07 pm 
Elephant

Live and learn.

Vitamins are one of those things that has so many ingredients that it could be vegan, or just one ingredient of it may not be vegan.

Personally, I go with the whole-food based ones, even though they are expensive.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:16 pm 
Elephant

Oh crap. Went to Whole Foods, and made it thru the store just fine. Well, I heard my tummy grumbling when I was talking to the cashier. Then I spotted the Chiptole store just outside and to the right as I went out. I decided right then and there, that I was having a cheat day. I wouldn't be going in to the gym, and no trail jogging either. I was hungry, my body was screaming for nutrients (legs still are sore), and I was weak and got a veggie burrito - carb wrap and guacamole also. Funny thing was, that it did not taste as good as I remember (like 2 months ago!). So now I am bummed. I am going to stick to my vegan cheesecake for next week! Food coma for 2 hours - spontaneously passed out nap! Body feels better though afterwards.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:22 pm 
Elephant

I haven't had chipotle in years. I wasnt much of a fan back then. I am craving thai food right now or maybe a homemade gf pizza. I found a raw cheesecake recipe ii would like to try

I don't make excuses... I make results

If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:32 pm 
Elephant

thats the worst when cheat meals dont live up to what u want them to be. weird tho chipotle always delivers!

https://www.youtube.com/user/doctorvannostrand100

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:06 am 
Elephant

This time it delivered, and delivered, all this morning! I finally saw the corn salsa! I am now light as a feather (though that cheat made me go up to 159! I just about cried. But I am sure it is less now without the chiptole in me. LOL!).

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:46 am 
Elephant

haha i love when the corn makes an appearance ha.

https://www.youtube.com/user/doctorvannostrand100

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:50 pm 
Elephant

Raw cheesecake is so delicious! I had a mango one at the Cacoa Tree in Royal Oak, MI last year. I fear to eat that now, as it has so much cashews in it (mango and cashew cream for the filling, and walnuts/dates for the crust. Yum!) that the fat content would be way higher than the usual soy cream cheese/tofu cooked one that I make.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:56 pm 
Elephant

I found one that uses almond meal for the crust

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:06 pm 
Elephant

OK, today I was a good girl and did cardio in the morning. Read last night that on Bodybuilding.com, that 45 minutes of LIT is all that is needed. I did 60 minutes total (30 minutes, go to the bathroom ^.^, and then finished with another 30 minutes on the elliptical (only level 2). Smelled just a hint of ammonia, but that was towards the end of the second 30 minutes. So maybe I should just do the 45 minutes, or I need to do a little runner's gel to keep some carbs in me to use for the minutes over 45?

I also was a good girl in that I did supersetting for Back today. It still took me 1 and 1/2 hours to complete 3 double supersetting exercises at weights that pushed me to complete the 25 reps for 4 sets. I did Pulldowns with Machine lower grip Back Row, Stiff-Legged Deadlifts with Machine upper grip Back Row, and the last superset was Hammer Strength Back Pulldown Row Machine with Cable Front Pressdown (with Pulldown attachment). The weights were like 120 lbs plates, 50-90lbs, and 50lbs/40lbs for the last superset exercises. My Back is hurting, but without the Pump that I usually get with the heavy weights. Sigh. But I did wear a tank top (brand new size Medium (not my usual XL) from Forever 21 that I got today to inspire me to look at myself more and work on posing) and thought I looked like I am coming along nicely.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:07 pm 
Elephant

I like almond meal as a crust too.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:45 pm 
Elephant

I am going to try an almond meal crust next weekend - that way I won't get the gluten bloat from the graham cracker crust.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:09 pm 
Elephant

Again, I do not want to acknowledge what the scale said this morning - and I won't till it gets me back down to 154 at least!

So today, was an hour long LIT cardio on the elliptical, at only level 2. Smelled my sweat, it wasn't ammonia - but smelled not the usual (I wonder what I must have looked like as I kept taking big whiffs under my shirt! LOL).

Then it was Arm day with supersetting (still not liking the light weights - my ego is taking a back seat, and it is grumpy). Started off with the two Big main lifters - EZ barbell curl and Rope Tricep Pressdown. Started low (30 for the EZ bar, and 60 for the Pressdown) and went up to where it was hurting me to do the 25 reps. Found that weight, and if I had not done enough sets (4-6 range), then I did another set at that weight.

Next was the secondary lifts of Dumbbell Hammer Curls and Overhead Rope Tricep Extensions. Again found the weight that was hard (will be my starting weight next time, and will do 4 sets at that weight - till it gets too easy, then I will go up) and did at least 4 sets. Now I was starting to get alittle bit tired.

Went on to the third superset of weights Bench Dips (the 35 lbs plate worked nicely - I laughed when I used the 25 lbs plate and thought that this is what I use to Bench Dip in February! if I was already 150 lbs - but alas NOT).

Now I was thoroughly tired, but not yet fatigued - so onto another superset of Cable Tower lateral "Bicep" curl (basically a front double bicep pose - and the biceps were looking good today! even if it was a little weight of 20! couldn't do the 30 - too tired) and I did Push-Ups with my middle fingers touching each other - elbows out to the side - working mainly the triceps (and alittle Chest, but pushing up my front end body weight is nothing for my Pecs).

Going to go back for an hour walk on the treadmill because it is so cold and windy here today and I won't go out and do my trail walk for 2 miles/ 1 hour. At least on the treadmill I punch in 3 MPH for my walk, and an hour will equal 3 miles instead of my usual 2 - so just a smidge more than normal.

Forgot to mention that I went off the Lipo6 since I wasn't losing weight, and I want to be able to use it more towards the end. I did like the feeling of not being hungry (now I feel always hungry again - maybe a side effect of going off of it? I was only on for a week?) and having a euphoria of endorphins for a couple of hours after taking it. I do not have a drop in energy though - but I did switch to light weights. . . but high reps . . . tired after an hour of working out, but now after meal #5 I feel ready to do some cardio tonight . .).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:18 pm 
Elephant

Yeah when I went off lipo years ago I was soooo hungry. It passes :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:09 am 
Elephant

Anger is a good motivator. I got very angry with the scale this morning, as it did not budge from yesterday! How can I do all that cardio, and aerobic weightlifting, and not lose anything? Ugh!

Choice this morning was a salad with tahini/lemon juice (raw and homemade) dressing on it, and a protein shake (made only with water) in response to the scale. No more fruit - save it for cheat meal I guess.

I so wanted to see 150 at the end of this month! I sure want to see if jungleinthefrunk can lose the 6 lbs to get to 126 by the weekend!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:11 am 
Elephant

Day off from weightlifting today. Cardio yes, but this body needs a rest. Those push-ups I did yesterday did more than workout my triceps, my front delts and middle of the back are hurting today from it. May have to rethink that exercise for triceps.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 313 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 21  Next