Gaia's Cut

Create and maintain your own personal online journal. Log your meals and/or workouts, and monitor your progress. Hold yourself accountable and receive support, suggestions, and be open to feedback.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Synny667
Elephant

Re: Gaia's Cut

#241 Postby Synny667 » Mon May 21, 2012 1:15 pm

He likes a friend of mine and only sees me as a friend. He is a handsome guy I will admit that
I do because I can. I can because I want to. I want to because you said I couldn't.

I don't make excuses... I make results

If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you

Gaia
Elephant

#242 Postby Gaia » Mon May 21, 2012 1:20 pm

I am half-way thru my All Natural San Francisco Sourdough bread loaf. I keep passing out! I eat maybe a quarter of it, feel so full (but not bloated - interesting), and get so tired! I shall not be getting anything done today. . . carb coma, and trying to rest my body, makes it kind of rough. I am purposely not consuming fats in this re-feed! Just upping the carbs. And it is time for a protein shake now, so my protein is staying where it is at so far (I will add an extra shake tonight). The thought of eating pasta right now is kind of nauseous, but I will do it!

Gaia
Elephant

#243 Postby Gaia » Mon May 21, 2012 1:23 pm

Being the friend of a handsome guy is the best! You get to enjoy his company without all the drama that accompanies a relationship status.

Synny667
Elephant

#244 Postby Synny667 » Mon May 21, 2012 1:25 pm

Eat some pasta and bread for me :)
I do because I can. I can because I want to. I want to because you said I couldn't.

Gaia
Elephant

#245 Postby Gaia » Mon May 21, 2012 5:57 pm

Just ate the pasta. It wasn't so bad. Feel alittle sleepy right now. Maybe I'll just . . . oh geez now it is raining. . love the sound of rain . . . off I go to sleep again. . . .

Synny667
Elephant

#246 Postby Synny667 » Mon May 21, 2012 6:11 pm

Your body is loving you today!

Gaia
Elephant

#247 Postby Gaia » Tue May 22, 2012 9:45 am

Well, the day after my re-feed isn't so bad. The scale said 152.6 this morning right out of bed, and then 150.8 after my morning cardio. I just inputted all my data from yesterday into MyPlate, and it displayed my pie chart - LOL! 75% carbs (and protein and fat split the other 25%), and a nice red banner that said I had gone over my daily allowance of calories.

Ultimately I had around 650 grams of carbs, 44 grams of fat, and 140 grams of protein - just over 3000 calories. Wow! and I don't feel all bloated or nasty. Maybe this carb only loading for a cheat meal day -

(I basically had a round loaf of Sourdough bread - which by the way isn't the greatest thing to eat for a cheat without the EB butter to go along with it, as it is a little on the dry crumbly side - and a big plate of pasta with fat-free tomatoe sauce and one vegan apple sage sausage)

- is the way to go for me. I think my body could have taken in some more carbs as the muscles don't look all full and rounded today (they just look normal), and the scale stills says 150.something as my weight!

I will say that it was just a little bit harder to get up and do my morning cardio (not just because it is cold and grey out). It felt like my body had become heavier and the machinery was all gunked up. Maybe I should try potatoes next time (I wonder if ketchup has alot of added sugar/fat to it?).

Synny667
Elephant

#248 Postby Synny667 » Tue May 22, 2012 9:55 am

I would have been the person who smoothered the bread in grape jelly after toasting it hehehe

jungleinthefrunk
Gorilla

#249 Postby jungleinthefrunk » Tue May 22, 2012 8:19 pm

ketchup =HFCS...
Darth Vader from Sandlot once said, "Heroes get remembered, but legends never die." Then he later died.
https://www.facebook.com/LaurenHarrisonAnbfPro
https://www.facebook.com/BigMeeeeech
https://www.youtube.com/user/doctorvannostrand100

Gaia
Elephant

#250 Postby Gaia » Wed May 23, 2012 9:57 am

Yeah, ketchup is too sweet when dieting. Maybe I will just go the other way with mustard! Can't take too much of that though, as it is overpowering in the taste dept.

Synny667
Elephant

#251 Postby Synny667 » Wed May 23, 2012 9:59 am

I am a mustard fiend lol. Now I want fries and mustard hehehe

Gaia
Elephant

#252 Postby Gaia » Wed May 23, 2012 10:04 am

Today's scale said 150.2 after the morning cardio - so not much lost yet again. The info on re-feeds said it takes 3-4 days to start to lose the weight again, so I will wait another 2 days to see if what i did work.

Did Delts yesterday, and they are sore today - especially pumping the arms during the jog - ouch! Today is Back, and I hope I can do them heavy as last time.

I was also 455 calories below my maintenance level of 1100 yesterday to offset the re-feed calories of 3000. Plan on doing somewhat the same or if I go closer to maintenance to get thru a good back workout, then i might let up alittle and get closer to 1100 today.

Synny667
Elephant

#253 Postby Synny667 » Wed May 23, 2012 10:13 am

Can't wait to hear how the re-feed works for you.

lobsteriffic
Stegosaurus

#254 Postby lobsteriffic » Wed May 23, 2012 5:04 pm

Gaia wrote:I was also 455 calories below my maintenance level of 1100 yesterday to offset the re-feed calories of 3000. Plan on doing somewhat the same or if I go closer to maintenance to get thru a good back workout, then i might let up alittle and get closer to 1100 today.

I'm curious how you calculated your maintenance calories to be 1100. Seems like your BMR alone would be more than that, no?

Gaia
Elephant

#255 Postby Gaia » Wed May 23, 2012 9:30 pm

It is not a maintenance level, it is the amount of calories that MyPlate calculated to take in if I want to lose 1 lb a week (when I put in a goal of 2lbs a week of fatloss, it said first that my calories were to be 953! and now it has a warning banner across the front saying that the calories are too low, and that my goal is unrealistic! cool updated banner!).
You do have me thinking though. I was always between 2200 and 2500 calories when I was bulking (clean bulking). 1100 is maybe low. . . but still it bothers me that I have been at this weight for 2 weeks now. My body has gotten use to it, so I tried to shock it with a re-feed. And go way over with the calories, but keep the extra calories specific to only starchy carbs (refined flour actually - bread and pasta). Just got reading a FLEX article about doing a carb-loading/re-feed with only the carbs that your body is use to, but upping the amount.

Return to “Online Training Journals & Blogs”