Daniela Ress Journal Ⓥ

Hi there.

I´ve been out for some time... Some issues I had to resolve now everything is fine.

So, is Spring time here in the South Hemisphere and we are looking for Summer. I never was a Summer person but I live in a very hot country and I got to confess that I am excited for this year Summer. I don´t know why, but I am.

Had a great Sunday yesterday and har time at the gym: 45 minutes of cardio + chest and tris.

I´ll write down my routines here.

Hope to make new friends.

Cheers from Brazil.

Edited by dresende

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Monday, 09/24/2012

35 minutes running at the treadmill - about 6-7 km/h

Back:

- lat pull down (behind the neck) 3x12/10 - 32 kgs.

- lat pull down (front) 3x12/10 - 39 kgs

- machine rows (wide) 3x12/10 - 40 kgs

- cable rows (wide) 3x12/10 - 64kgs

Biceps:

- EZ bar curls - 3x12/10 - 15kgs

- alternate barbells curls - 3x12/10 - 10kgs

- cable curls 3x12/10 - 20 kgs

Abs

- abs: 4x20 - bodyweight.

Tuesday, 09/25/2012

10 minutes running at the treadmill - about 6-7 km/h

Legs:

- Calves 3x12 - 40 kgs

- Leg Presses- 3x12 - 20/20 kgs

- Hip abudctions - 3x12 - 20 kgs

- Hip aductions - idem

- Extension Chair - 3x12 - 30 kgs

- Flexion Chair - 3x12 - 30 kgs

Shoulders

- Arnold presses - 3x10/12 - 10 kg

- Lateral raises (barbells) - 3x12/10 - 5 kgs

- Front raises (dumbbels) - 3x12/10 - 5 kgs

- Shrugs - 3x12 - 20 kgs

Abs:

Abs rolls - 3x20

• 2 months later...

Returning after several injuries and trying to make my best.

Due to a lot of overeating, I am now at 76,5 kg (what a shame)! I gain weight easily and I got to struggle with my body´s nature. Bu´t that´s life, we got good and bad moments and I am sure I´ll be back on the 70´s kg around February - I am working hard on it.

From today:

- increasing cardio, specially outside, once I am at the beach during Jan. Lot´s of hot weather and Summer beating 102 ° F. There´s a lot of rain, I gotta say, but no problem.

- Going into a low calorie diet, as I am 1,73 m high, I need something around 1500 cal/day. I´ve tried less, but I feel bad, and this is my balance point.

- Having the best meal at the morning, and decreasing calories during the day. The first meal will be at 8, 9 am and the last 8 pm.

- 2000/3000 ml of water every day, including natural juices.

- including Brazil Nuts and Almonds.

- 4/5 portions of fruit every day.

My new assigment: make my best friend go vegan. Gave her a @vbb t-shirt

Suggestions? (and critics) are always appreciated (included: English)....lolo

Cheers from Brazil and

Thanks for the support

hey dani, i have the same problem with family and friends, its usually the overweight unhealthy ones telling me im eating wrong.......nevermind its up to people like us to prove them wrong!

regards, mike

I bet, the overweight people are the same....

cheers

I look forward to following your progress, looks like your journal is off to a good start. Wishing you all the best with your goals in 2013 Dani MF.

Thanks @Mini Forklift.

I was off for a while due several injuries, specially lower back. I had to take some time of the gym, performing TRX exercises (wich I don´t like, but it was a cool experience) in order to recover.

As I am a little overweight - 5 kgs - some of the exercises I used to perform are very hard to do it, like squats, deadlifts and bent over exercises.

My personal trainer is trying to fix me (lolo), but he blames my vegan diet for everything... like everyone else... I don`t care coz I am so used to this that I even take those people seriously....

Anyway, backing on the track, slow pace, but in the track

Thanks for all the support

All the best

dani

Wish your trainer good luck attempting to avoid early onset osteoporosis due to a dairy and meat centric diet. sheesh At least they are pushing you in the gym.

I have never trained with TRX on the regular but the couple of times I used them I thought they were fantastic. Admittedly though, i'm addicted to iron

Keep at it Daniela!

So how has the process of trying to help your best friend go vegan been going? What seems to hit home or really work towards changing their mind? I am working on trying to help my girlfriend eat healthier and what has recently been helpful was that she watched a documentary on animal cruelty.

-Dylan

Thanks everyone for the support.

Had a great 2,5 hours of walking at the beach, it´s amazing how we lost the sense of time in front of the sea, but it´s ok, I am enjoying my Summer vacation, no rush at all.

I walk in a leisure pace, but when you walk at the send, I feel that I have to put more efforts at legs, harmstrings and calves.

After a lot of injuries I felt that was better to take some weeks of the iron and increase my cardio, with long walkings, runing and swiming.

The weather is very hot, around 103° F and I have to walk early at morning and in the afternoon, after 5 pm due UVA and UVB, that´s very strong here.

Had my detox drinking this morning: @dani_ress (check it out) and diet is doing great. At the end of the day, I´ll write it here.

That´s for now.

Preparing lunch

Cheers

Dani

So how has the process of trying to help your best friend go vegan been going? What seems to hit home or really work towards changing their mind? I am working on trying to help my girlfriend eat healthier and what has recently been helpful was that she watched a documentary on animal cruelty.

-Dylan

Well, @CO, it´s not easy. Brazil is the country of the meat and meat, specially chicken is very cheap here. Eggs are appreciated and everything that comes from animal protein.

I realized that showing pics, movies and stuffs like that don´t work here. The love for the animals are associated only to dogs, cats, birds (some cases...) and maybe a bunny or a goat, but when is up to cows, chickens, fish, pigs and other animals, they´re cruel.

My strategy is: let´s, first eat less meat, let´s enbrace meatless Monday.... things like that.

Let´s see how it goes...

Good look with gf.

Cheers

Dani

Hi everyone.

Just came back from a great runing at the beach. We ran at 8 am and it was almost 100 F. Lot's of hot weather and we have to run before 10 am because the UVA and UVB and we must be carefull.

Gonna run again later, but it has to be after 7 pm, when the tempertature cools a little bit.

Anyway, having low calories since yesterday and today is going to be around 1500.

Let's see where it takes me,.

Cheers

Hi everyone

Had a so so day in my food intake. Almost 2000 cal. Some friends say that 1500, my inicial plan, is too little for a body like mine. I got what here is called big bones, and some friends say my body is used to 2000 cal and has estabished a plato at 75 kgs. Considering I used to weight when I was a teenager, some around 73 kgs, maybe is true.

I´ll write some more, but try not to write those same things every day.

Are your daily calories cyclical or do you try to eat around the same all the time?

HI @Mini Forklift

How´s everything?

I try to eat around 1500 every day, but it´s not working because in the end of the day I am so hungry that I ended it up around 2000.

Good luck on ya goals! If you feel like all the goals are all too much to keep up with at once, dont be afraid to introduce a new one every couple weeks. I find personally if I can make gradual changes the habits tend to stick more.

BRAZIL!!!! Will get there one day

Good luck on ya goals! If you feel like all the goals are all too much to keep up with at once, dont be afraid to introduce a new one every couple weeks. I find personally if I can make gradual changes the habits tend to stick more.

BRAZIL!!!! Will get there one day

Thanks @JubNZ

When you´re in Brazil, let me know. Love to show the country for friends.

All the best